'search & Destroy Mission'

Rottshowgirl

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PF - this is the same person who says they want to own a human aggressive dog. For protecting his/her yard. Got a few applauses too?

No doubt. There is a place in this world IMO for dogs prepared to do harm to humans who simply trespass. IMO Australia is not one of those places and a dog with the temperament of the Fila needs to be carefully placed in the right homes anywhere.

A correctly temperamented Fila will do more than just guard.. so when little Timmy comes uninvited over the fence looking for his tennis ball, he won't be leaving in one piece. I'd say he wont' be leaving anyway but in a coffin. Anyone who could casually say that they wish to own such a dog in an urban setting in this country needs their head read.

Place that argument in a place like Johannesburg and its a whole new ball game.

I agree, except with the Joburg comment (I'm an ex-South African). Violence begets violence. Get a scarier dog, they get a scarier gun. Either way, no one is living to tell the tale. Maybe rural South Africa, but Timmy climbs fences in Joburg too...

Edited by megan_

PF - this is the same person who says they want to own a human aggressive dog. For protecting his/her yard. Got a few applauses too?

No doubt. There is a place in this world IMO for dogs prepared to do harm to humans who simply trespass. IMO Australia is not one of those places and a dog with the temperament of the Fila needs to be carefully placed in the right homes anywhere.

A correctly temperamented Fila will do more than just guard.. so when little Timmy comes uninvited over the fence looking for his tennis ball, he won't be leaving in one piece. I'd say he wont' be leaving anyway but in a coffin. Anyone who could casually say that they wish to own such a dog in an urban setting in this country needs their head read.

What ever "poodle fan".

I live in one of the roughest neighborhoods in Australia, we had over 5 murders in this suburb last year and many, many other bashings, sexual assaults and attacks. Just cause you live in posh poodle ville doesn't give you a right to judge. I've only been here a year and I have already had my place broken into and my possession stolen, including my former dog (which was a labradore).

You can really go stuff your opinions. Little Timmy isn't going to be coming over my 3 metre high fence, I don't have any kids as neighbors and all the neighbors are long term.

Its none of your bloody business why I want a specific dog or not, and I have every right to have a guard dog that is capable of taking down an intruder for my protection (well I should have that right, if Australia wasn't such a gutless cotton wool nanny state). I have a right to protect myself whatever you may think. You may like dogs that are "like little poodles" but I like real dogs with assertive temperaments that are capable of protecting me. BTW You would make a great leader for this nanny state, seeing as you like to judge other peoples business.

I am a responsible owner, entirely capable of managing my dog and restricting my dog to my property. You are a clown who likes to think people are too irresponsible to handle things and everything should be banned.

Oh and "poodlefan", there are many non-banned breeds which are quite capable of mauling to death little Timmy, I have met great danes and other dogs that would maul little Timmy if he jumped the back fence, its not the breed, its how the dog is trained and socialized, its hypocritical and deluded reasoning that thinks some breeds are "bad". There is no such thing as an evil or bad breed of dog.

Screw the government banning everything (especially dogs), because of the extremely small minority of dog attacks by irresponsible dog owners (you know instead of actually holding those owners heavily responsible). Ban cars, ban back yard pools, ban swimming, ban sports, lets all wrap the whole of society in cotton wool and take away all of our liberties, otherwise poodlefan might have nightmares about the bad things that could happen. OH WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

Edited by cybergenesis

post#33 amended with second page of pics.

I have a feeling that we've looked into those pics before and that the dog that is stacked is actually an AKC registered Amstaff. I'm sure NSW councils used the same pics and we took them to task over it.

Time to go through those pics again and complain

If nay dog can be trained to do it why don't you get one that is not banned?? Seems pretty simple then you can happily have it in your backyard and no-one will care less. Personally I think you are full of S*^t and just trying to get a reaction.

This is very worrysome. My old Stafford could be mistaken for a Pitty cross. He is not rego'd and a BYB boy his mother pedigree with papers, his dad a pound rescue. My boy (in his hey day, now he is old not so much) 19 inches at the shoulder, brindle, short coat, 26kgs, muscular, boxy head, etc etc.

One dog I wasw confinced was a pitty was a tri colour boy, stunning stunning dog. He was a Boxer Bull Terrier X. I was amazed when they said he was not a Pitty. I would hate to think dogs liek hima nd my boy could be seized and euthed for no reason what so ever. I am really worried what this will mean to thousands of dogs because so many bull breed crosses will die because of this

Edited by OSoSwift

I have a feeling that we've looked into those pics before and that the dog that is stacked is actually an AKC registered Amstaff. I'm sure NSW councils used the same pics and we took them to task over it.

I thought that was an Am Staff as well. NOt good, not good at all!

If nay dog can be trained to do it why don't you get one that is not banned?? Seems pretty simple then you can happily have it in your backyard and no-one will care less. Personally I think you are full of S*^t and just trying to get a reaction.

This is very worrysome. My old Stafford could be mistaken for a Pitty cross. He is not rego'd and a BYB boy his mother pedigree with papers, his dad a pound rescue. My boy (in his hey day, now he is old not so much) 19 inches at the shoulder, brindle, short coat, 26kgs, muscular, boxy head, etc etc.

One dog I wasw confinced was a pitty was a tri colour boy, stunning stunning dog. He was a Boxer Bull Terrier X. I was amazed when they said he was not a Pitty. I would hate to think dogs liek hima nd my boy could be seized and euthed for no reason what so ever. I am really worried what this will mean to thousands of dogs because so many bull breed crosses will die because of this

Just to be clear though, if you were in Vic and he was registered he couldn't be seized under these laws.

I thought that was an Am Staff as well. NOt good, not good at all!

I thought that we'd been through those pictures and had found the owners of several of those dogs and that they had expressed they did not want images of their dogs used in such a way.

I wish I could remember who tracked them down, maybe it was Zayda

What ever "poodle fan".

I live in one of the roughest neighborhoods in Australia, we had over 5 murders in this suburb last year and many, many other bashings, sexual assaults and attacks. Just cause you live in posh poodle ville doesn't give you a right to judge. I've only been here a year and I have already had my place broken into and my possession stolen, including my former dog (which was a labradore).

You can really go stuff your opinions. Little Timmy isn't going to be coming over my 3 metre high fence, I don't have any kids as neighbors and all the neighbors are long term.

Its none of your bloody business why I want a specific dog or not, and I have every right to have a guard dog that is capable of taking down an intruder for my protection (well I should have that right, if Australia wasn't such a gutless cotton wool nanny state). I have a right to protect myself whatever you may think. You may like dogs that are "like little poodles" but I like real dogs with assertive temperaments that are capable of protecting me. BTW You would make a great leader for this nanny state, seeing as you like to judge other peoples business.

I am a responsible owner, entirely capable of managing my dog and restricting my dog to my property. You are a clown who likes to think people are too irresponsible to handle things and everything should be banned.

Oh and "poodlefan", there are many non-banned breeds which are quite capable of mauling to death little Timmy, I have met great danes and other dogs that would maul little Timmy if he jumped the back fence, its not the breed, its how the dog is trained and socialized, its hypocritical and deluded reasoning that thinks some breeds are "bad". There is no such thing as an evil or bad breed of dog.

Screw the government banning everything (especially dogs), because of the extremely small minority of dog attacks by irresponsible dog owners (you know instead of actually holding those owners heavily responsible). Ban cars, ban back yard pools, ban swimming, ban sports, lets all wrap the whole of society in cotton wool and take away all of our liberties, otherwise poodlefan might have nightmares about the bad things that could happen. OH WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

What a discusting post. You are obviously a very angry, nasty person. Glad I dont live near you! I think you are full of it as well.

Are you sure Megan? If a dog is registered with council but the council sees the dog (or a hotline caller dobs the dog in) and believes the dog should have been registered as a restricted breed and kept accordingly, can they seize and destroy at that point?

Are you sure Megan? If a dog is registered with council but the council sees the dog (or a hotline caller dobs the dog in) and believes the dog should have been registered as a restricted breed and kept accordingly, can they seize and destroy at that point?

I don;t think we'll know 100% until the regulations are out, however this is the way I've interpereted it. After all, the test isn't going to be fail safe and us mortals won't be trained in it so it would be unreasonable to expect Joe Bloggs to be able to ID his dog as PB cross. I'd think that you'd have to comply with dangerous dog legislation though.

I'm thinking I'm going to have to cancel plans to do agility training in victoria. My dog fits the description posted. ARGH.

two pick the pitbull links

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html

and a pdf from the nationalcanineresearchcouncil

http://nationalcanineresearchcouncil.com/uploaded_files/tinymce/Pit%20Bull%20ID%20Poster.pdf

And what Ian Dunbar thinks.

http://www.dogstardaily.com/training/breedism

Going by that description and the pics two of my dogs are in trouble.

What a nightmare.

Hell, my family's old (VCA and council registered) boxer bitch would have met that description, including the low set tail (due to an injury as a pup). The wording of that article would scare me if I had a dog that looked even vaguely bully, as it seems to be indicating that even if a bully type is registered as something other than a pitbull or cross the animal control workers will have the power to determine otherwise. There would be tens of thousands of perfectly innocent byb staffy, mastiff and boxer crosses which may fall into this category with no paperwork to prove otherwise. Sure, it would be fine to say all those owners should have bought from a registered breeder, but they haven't, and for the most part these dogs are perfectly fine. For that matter, my parents' current boxer looks to be a purebred but came from the RSPCA, so no papers, no history. The way I read it, they could still be visited by the council unneccesarily if someone decided to dob their dog in to the anonymous phone line, and an animal control worker new to the job who didn't know much about dogs could maybe, just maybe, broadly interpret whatever visual identification guideline they come up with and say - tan and white smooth coat, muscled, right weight, short broad head - must be a pit bull cross, those perfidious, lying semi-retirees registered it as a boxer! I realise that's extremely unlikely, but how likely is it for all those non-papered staffies and crosses? Much more so, I would think.

How can you plan on owning one when its illegal to breed or import them?

Dude pitbull types breeds are widely available and certain other restricted breeds are also available (especially Dogo Argentino) if you know where to go...

The dog I would really like though is Fila Brasileiro

And so it goes on - such a shame and you wonder why the general public wants to get rid of these breeds. :(

Just sent an email to Daniel Andrews. His email is [email protected]

Dear Daniel,

I am writing to you as I am very concerned about legislation being introduced in Victoria regarding dangerous dogs, as being pushed by the Baillieu government. I hope that the Labor Party can provide a more sensible and thoughtful approach to the dog bite problem.

The most obvious flaw in the new scheme is the intent to classify dogs as 'pitbulls' by their physical characteristics. This is an erroneous proposition. In reality, the legislation is targeting dogs of a particular appearance. As staffordshire bull terriers, and mongrels of, are popular breeds, it is likely that many innocent pets with no pit bull heritage would be condemned with these legislation changes.

I am sure you would agree that the $100 000 price tag of the hotline is an atrocious waste of tax payer's money, when there is no scientific basis to the process proposed by Baillieu. By this I mean: In no country where there has been a pitbull ban has there also been a decrease in dog bites.

Ultimately, these finances would be better spent increasing the number of ranger-hours in all councils, so they can efficiently enforce existing legislation. Furthermore, funding of educational programs, including children dog-safety programs, are vital for reducing the dog bite statistics.

I fully support proposals that make dog owners responsible for their dog's behaviour. This would allow owners of dogs that bite or kill to be prosecuted for offences, including manslaughter. Hopefully this type of change would make dog owners think twice about owning an aggressive animal.

I am sure that you and the Labor Party will be interested in making a decision that actually works to reduce the incidence of dog bites in Victoria, such as educational strategies, rather than supporting the heinous proposals by the Liberal Party. The dog world can clearly see the holes in the Ballieu government's incompetent and hastily drafted strategy, and would surely embrace a more logical proposal from the opposition.

I welcome your email or phone call. My phone number is xxxx

Kind regards,