Owner Faces Jail Over Sydney Dog Attack

Quickasyoucan

Certainly no Rotti, it's a cross bred that could possibly have Rotti in it, Shepherd , Kelpie or none of the aforementioned.

If anyone comes across pics of dogs that plastered next to articles, can they please save them and post them into the thread. The articles disappear over time and it's good to have the pics there as a future reference.

Do you mean the archive photo or the pic of the actual dog?

ETA this is the header photo they now have on their front page, that is a rottie I am pretty sure, but also isn't the dog from the attack that is clear.post-23277-0-28013400-1314751388_thumb.jpg

Also the name of the file is not mine.

Edited by Quickasyoucan

I saw the video on the ninemsn news site this morning. Doesn't look like the dog has much rottie in it. It looks a bit like a dog in my street which is a gsd cross unknown from the markets. Could be lots of different breeds in there. What will they want to ban now?

I hope the kids recover ok from this.

I dont' know about the rest of you out there, but I am so sick and tired of the beat up that the various media outlets put out when we have a dog attack, but unfortunately for us it sell newspapers.

I think that we are all looking at these issues from our own experienced perspectives that we have gathered over many years in the dog world and this sometimes I feel tends to isolate us from the general dog scene.

If you combine all the canine councils state members it makes a minute number compared to the overall dog population in Australia. How can we hope to have an effect in the manangement of so many dogs, we cant'. All the canine bodies in my opinion are self interest groups only concerned with their own house. Whilst the majority of " professional " dog people are responsible some arent', if you simply do the sums in relation to dog ownership through out the country you realise our group is small fish in a very large pond.

The way that I see it is that we all need to look outside our own groups and certainly become a lot more vocal about dog issues.... not just to each other but especially to our organisations and lobby, lobby lobby these media outlets.

E-mail these tv and media companies, demand fair and unbiased comments, demand unemotional responses to these events , not simple knee-jerk reactions to pacify the anti dog libertarians, Simply enforce the current laws, dont' just invent new ones. How about a National Forum on Canine matters to be held at a set venue, with all relevent parties, no holds barred to nationally get some sense into dog ownership in this country. Full representation from all sides of the problem, no grandstanders, honest open problem solving, IDEAS??

Wonder if a breed club could sue a newspaper for libel for naming their breed, and showing a stock photo of their breed, when the dog was not of their breed?

That might slow down the irresponsible journos.

Btw, the dog looks a lot like a Rotti x Lab who often stayed at our boarding kennel. She tried to bite me a few times and was ferocious toward others. But once you got to know her she was a big sook.

Edited by sandgrubber

For PC:

On your internet browser - go to Tools>Internet Options. From this screen under the General tab, there should be something on browsing history and you should either have a 'delete cookies' button or 'delete' (which will lead you to another screen to choose what you want to delete, including 'cookies').

For PC:

On your internet browser - go to Tools>Internet Options. From this screen under the General tab, there should be something on browsing history and you should either have a 'delete cookies' button or 'delete' (which will lead you to another screen to choose what you want to delete, including 'cookies').

Thank you, voted a few times now.

Uncle Zombie, are there photos of the dog concerned posted somewhere in the media?

There is no photo attached to the news.com.au article

Here is the video from 9news.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8292120/boy-attacked-by-rottweiler-in-sydney

Well that could be bloody anything! :mad

Rottweiler cross, shepherd cross, kelpie cross, cross cross :rolleyes:

Agree, definitely not a pure Rottweiler.

Also that may not even be the dog that attacked the kids - the news use 'file tapes' so often now that you don't know if you are watching the actual dog or not...

At a glance I would say it is a Rottie/GSD or Kelpie cross??? But it is amazing how many mixed breeds can come up with something that resembles a cross breed dog. There is no way of telling unless you know it's breeding.

Looking at the images of the dog you can see that it is obviuosly a cross of some kind.

I feel so sorry for the children in this and I hope they recover from this quickly.

However we need to get together and complain to someone on how the media are handling these stories, the journalists are so uneducated when it comes to identifying breeds and are just out to cause more frenzy in the public.

Who knows what breed of dog is going to be blamed next maybe it will be a kelpie cross being called a GSD?

I'm suprised they didn't just go for the usual "pitbull cross" breed description!!!

Once again the Media have proved what Morons they are :mad If it's big and has a touch of black, it's a Rockwheeler. :mad:mad

The picture shows a crossbreed dog of god knows what, that looks nothing like a Rottie - what a bloody joke. :mad:mad:mad

A new article, a new story, yet this is the same photo they used a couple for the story in this thread... It should not have been used for either story.

Dog caught after killing pug in Sydney

th-dog-90x60.jpg 10:47am Council officers have caught a dog that escaped from its owner and mauled to death a pug in a neighbouring yard in northwest Sydney. The pug died of its injuries after being taken to a vet for treatment.