Litters Due In December 2011

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh: The stripy pups all look wrinkly! Amazing...must have something to do with the colour rather than the breed??

Dare I say it.... ;) I wonder if blue Staffys are born with stripes? Could fetch a higher price yaknow!! :bolt:

It's something to do with 'ghosting' in the genetic colour. The colour appears but then leaves because of the dominant colour withing the hair. Colour genetics is very complex (more than my brain can handle)

My red pups can be born almost black and develop their red colour over many weeks.

I realize after reading this that I have seen it on my ruby cavs. The only pic I have does not show it. Shall have to look aty other pics. I had put it down to being half wet. I have pics of s black and tan boy that was all black at birth and developed his tan as he aged. I have seen this in coloured shepherds that have been posted on DOL.

It's something to do with 'ghosting' in the genetic colour. The colour appears but then leaves because of the dominant colour withing the hair. Colour genetics is very complex (more than my brain can handle)

My red pups can be born almost black and develop their red colour over many weeks.

Often with the Arabian foal you get a foal born chestnut with a white blaze and three white socks and you think you've got a "chestnut" but if it has a purplish tinge around the eyes you will end up with a grey as an adult!