Litters Due In December 2011

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't help myself - here is a pic of my four fat sausages today. Given that they are getting fat very quickly I thought I would make some real efforts to avoid swimmer pups so have put some of McKenzie's small stuffed toys under the vet bed to make them climb. They don't appear to be showing any signs BUT they have a mother who doesn't leave the whelping box, there is only 4 with a full milk bar and they are fat little porkers.

15December006.jpg

Couldn't help myself - here is a pic of my four fat sausages today. Given that they are getting fat very quickly I thought I would make some real efforts to avoid swimmer pups so have put some of McKenzie's small stuffed toys under the vet bed to make them climb. They don't appear to be showing any signs BUT they have a mother who doesn't leave the whelping box, there is only 4 with a full milk bar and they are fat little porkers.

15December006.jpg

Boy they are little fatties.

15December006.jpg

Congratulations on your litter, they look great, very happy for you!

How are you going with those collars Trisven? I used them on my litter this time from the start and found they are a bit sharp and cut into the chests of the pups, it#s taken a couple of weeks for it all to heal up again :( Will have to go back to alternative means of identifying the litter until they are big enough to try those collars later on - they were fine on an older litter last time I used them.

We reckon Kes has at least six....she's going for her exray on Saturday to do a count.

I'm off to Melbourne to pick up the new whelping box for Princess Luna on Sunday and then I can start getting things ready for hers in the early new year.....

We're both convinced we're getting too old for this!

How are you going with those collars Trisven? I used them on my litter this time from the start and found they are a bit sharp and cut into the chests of the pups, it#s taken a couple of weeks for it all to heal up again :( Will have to go back to alternative means of identifying the litter until they are big enough to try those collars later on - they were fine on an older litter last time I used them.

my experience was the same. I made them narrower by cutting them in half lengthwise and then making them much shorter as well, no wrapping them around and around themselves.

We reckon Kes has at least six....she's going for her exray on Saturday to do a count.

I'm off to Melbourne to pick up the new whelping box for Princess Luna on Sunday and then I can start getting things ready for hers in the early new year.....

We're both convinced we're getting too old for this!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

my experience was the same. I made them narrower by cutting them in half lengthwise and then making them much shorter as well, no wrapping them around and around themselves.

I haven't had a problem with them as yet BUT I'm making sure that they're quite loose and am checking them a couple of times a day as Anne had mentioned she'd had some issues. So far so good and it is definitely helped by the fact that I'm home working and can check on them every half hour or so. When I put them on I make sure that I can fit two fingers underneath and rotate it around their neck with ease.

If it makes you feel any better my experience is the same. Poor little mites have sore shoulders. I've also found some colours are hard to tell apart once they get a bit of wear.

Problem is getting nylon clip collars that suit (ie. 1cm wide) is really hard for a litter over 6 unless you have the time to import them from OS. Otherwise Whelping Supplies have some at a reasonable price.

You could check out http://www.callicoma.com.au/breeding.htm#Puppy_Collars too for some inspiration?

Just glad to know it wasn't only me having the problem.

And after saying that I had no problems I've noticed that Blue has a little sore on his shoulder that I had thought was a bit of fluff so his collar is off and I'm trying to learn to tell the difference between the two reddest girls so I can take their's off.

And after saying that I had no problems I've noticed that Blue has a little sore on his shoulder that I had thought was a bit of fluff so his collar is off and I'm trying to learn to tell the difference between the two reddest girls so I can take their's off.

Different coloured texta in side the ear. Renew twice a day. Anywhere else it wears off.