Litters Due In December 2011

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kes is whelping...leave it to her to do things on her terms. She's not due til the 25th, and I swear she waited til Tony finished putting the whelping box in place, heat lamp etc....probably looked around and said..yup..this'll do....and went into labour! grrrr

Updates later...he's whelping, I'm driving to KCC to attend the Rally seminar.

Not great news unfortunately. 6 still born and two that didn't make it. That's breeding for you...anyone out there thinking of doing this sort of thing...wish they would really see the down side. Mother dog is looking for pups....normal behaviour of course. Tony frustrated and exhausted from the ordeal. She was on day 57 so not a big deal really...we suspect detatched placentas and it appears that the dead pups were about 24 to 36 hours dead when whelped. Nothing much a person can do in that situation.

Bekki's litter doing great....and I"ll start preparing for my girl now.

Oh no Angelsun I'm so very, very sorry. Please pass my sympathy on to Tony. :(

I have my first litter of German Shepherds due at the end of December :) 28th to be precise :)

Little nervous, but super excited :thumbsup:

Yay Pockets! If you need a hand, just call out. If you don't have a whelping box, you could probably borrow ours.

I have my first litter of German Shepherds due at the end of December :) 28th to be precise :)

Yay Pockets! If you need a hand, just call out. If you don't have a whelping box, you could probably borrow ours.

How excitment. Who is the Mum ?? Ava??

Awwww thanks for the offer :thanks: I just got my new whelping box delivered, found someone who built and sold them for $95, top price :thumbsup:

Its ok I have someone coming over who is experiences with breeding (to hold my hand :laugh:) I organised that first off! :laugh: but cheers again for the offer :)

Angelsun - Sorry to hear about the loss of your little ones...a very sad time :(

BB - No Ava is not the expectant mum, unless she is clever, she has had a litter recently :)

Has anyone got some good ideas for registered names? Prefix is Trisven and the pups were born on the evening of a full moon lunar eclipse so we'd like to have names that link back to that. Also, how many names choices do you normally submit?

You submit two names per puppy, first and second choice.

I just got my papers back...

It's been a 'Crazy' 12 months, not to mention Shimmer drives me crazy, so a Crazy theme seemed very fitting. :laugh:

Swayd Crazy In Love

Swayd Crazy Like A Fox

Swayd She Drives Me Crazy

Swayd Crazy For You

Swayd Crazy Kind Of Love

Thanks for that Sway so I need to have 8 names I like.

As it's your first litter the chances are they first pick will go through without a problem, its' one people name them a name they have already used or name it to close to one they have previously used.

What I do is put my first choice down, then for the 2nd pick assign the first choice to a different dogs. :laugh:

Clever little Red who is learning how to "walk" rather than creep.

20DecemberRed.jpg

The pups are 9 days old today and I think we'll have eyes starting to open in the next day or two. :thumbsup: They all have their collars off now as McKenzie was right, I could tell the difference between them without the collars.

ETA thought I'd add a picture of my favourite too - yes I know I shouldn't have a favourite this early but I just love her rich red colour. :laugh: No doubt because I love her colour she'll be the most obvious pet at 8 weeks ;) .

20DecemberYellow.jpg

Edited by Trisven13

Ok so I've made my own solution.

Ribbed cord ribbon, comes in many colours and sizes, and a press stud gun. Press stud gun cost me about $8 Ribbed ribbon was $0.60 per metre. So you can put 2/3 studs on each length of ribbon to make them adjustable or just make new ones every so often. It's REALLY easy !

Just make sure you can get replacement studs that fit the gun, unlike my STUPID Spotlight store that stocked a gun and studs of a completely different size. doh.gif

Great idea, will keep this in mind if/when I breed another litter. Lots of fun is had with this baby :thumbsup:

383810_333700749976299_100000091313049_1420228_922173145_a.jpg