At Day 60 With My Girl On Progesterone

mini girl

I have previously put on about my girl who lost her first litter at day 51 due to low progesterone - didn't know at the time what caused it - well this time she is going well as previously put on she has been on progesterone since day 39 and is booked in for a c/section on Monday early afternoon - day 63. The reproduction vet has been wonderful and I have been talking each day all this week with him and so far so good. She will have her last tablet on Sunday morning and then the delivery Monday - unless anything happens over the weekend - but have been told to ring 24 7 if necessary. Hoping that she will accept the pups after the c/section - have been reading up on it and hoping all will go well - have been told to be prepared if necessary to put the babies on and off every 2 hours if she takes a little while to accept them - but the vet told me that in her favour she had the pups for a short time that she lost and also she is a poodle and they have a very strong mothering instinct - so hope all goes well. Say your prayers for my girl and her puppies.

I hope all goes well Mini girl, certainly a stressful few weeks for you. I think i read on another post you were using phil from QVS...he is lovely and the best! I am a complete novice with breeding so thankyou for also sharing your experience.

Goodluck!!!! :thumbsup:

I hope all goes well Mini girl, certainly a stressful few weeks for you. I think i read on another post you were using phil from QVS...he is lovely and the best! I am a complete novice with breeding so thankyou for also sharing your experience.

Goodluck!!!! :thumbsup:

Yes using Phil Thomas - he has been so very good. My girl is never more than a few inches away from me - where I go she goes - but she is eating and seems happy - wish I could make her understand what is going to happen - they are just so trusting.

I have the most wonderful news - my girl Charlotte has just this morning delivered her babies - 8 - a really beautiful litter - 4 girls and 4 boys - so far all seem strong and healthly little puppies - and the best part is that she had them naturally - no need for the cesarean after all. Chalotte is wonderful and is such a good mother to the puppies - its very early days but as they grow will put some photos on and let you know how they are all going.

I am over the moon at this outcome as I was fully prepared to take her for the cesarean tomorrow but now its all over and all I have to do is see that all continues to go well. Thank you God or the big poodle in the sky - someoine must love us. Thanks too for all the lovely wishes - it makes you feel not alone when facing a worrying time.

p.s. can you do a breakdown on the days and prog readings for those days, when tablets were started, what they were called, dosage etc etc etc?

It's all knowledge and may help someone else with their expecting girls :)

Sorry I missed this post earlier but more than happy to share the knowledge

At 4 weeks had ultrasound and progesterone blood test - level was 85

Two weeks later another ultrasound and progesterone blood test - dropped to 39

two days later another blood p/test down to 37 so as it was on the way down she was started on 100mg Progesterone - 10mg per klg in capsual - each morning the vet said it was human grade progesterone - but didn't ask any further details.

Day 61 showing signs of coming into labour -= day 62 had a natural delivery no problems at all.

I do have a print out of the full procedure but its 3 pages long - happy to send if you would like to read through - send me a message with email and will forward to you.

I have the most wonderful news - my girl Charlotte has just this morning delivered her babies - 8 - a really beautiful litter - 4 girls and 4 boys - so far all seem strong and healthly little puppies - and the best part is that she had them naturally - no need for the cesarean after all. Chalotte is wonderful and is such a good mother to the puppies - its very early days but as they grow will put some photos on and let you know how they are all going.

isn't she a wonderful girl, very clever cookie Charlotte and 4 and 4, very well done :D

:clap::happydance: Well done mummy, that is a good size litter.

You can relax now but I bet you won't sleep through the night.

Hope its all plain sailing now. Baby pics in the poodle thread please when they are photogenic. Mine always look like blobs at first :laugh: