Does Anyone Drive A Ford Territory

RubyStar

I love driving my Territory! I have the back seats permanently folded with a medium size crate setup for a Vizsla. I have gazebo, chair, 2 soft crates and stuff (you know what I mean!!) arranged around the crate. I have a cargo barrier separating the back, where the Dane travels in comfort. Everybody is very happy. The downsides to the Territory is the fuel (not a problem for highway driving though), and of course you always accumulate more and more stuff/dogs and want a bigger car. If I was you, I'd look at Ranger/Triton/Navara/HiLux etc. with a canopy... that's what I'll be going for next time! :laugh:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've decided on a Nissan x-trail in anticipation of a second lab. Had a couple of test drives & checked out the rear area...even with back seats up there appears enough room for 2 labs.

There is, but I suggest taking your Lab and making sure they can jump in themselves.

The new ones look lower than my 2005, but once your Labs are elderly you may be assisting in lifting in and out or having to invest in a ramp. :)

we would never expect our lab to jump into any high vehicle...and that goes for him getting into the back of my teeny Toyota Yaris :laugh: ...as soon as Wilbur's big enough to sit in the back instead of the seat, we'll be getting a ramp. We used to assist Casper (who passed in May) for the last number of years. He always either sat on the back seat & got in himself or we lifted him into the back of our (then) Laser. I don't mind investing in a ramp as i anticipate having labs for a long time yet and will get plenty of use out of it. :)

We've decided on a Nissan x-trail in anticipation of a second lab. Had a couple of test drives & checked out the rear area...even with back seats up there appears enough room for 2 labs.

There is, but I suggest taking your Lab and making sure they can jump in themselves.

The new ones look lower than my 2005, but once your Labs are elderly you may be assisting in lifting in and out or having to invest in a ramp. :)

we would never expect our lab to jump into any high vehicle...and that goes for him getting into the back of my teeny Toyota Yaris :laugh: ...as soon as Wilbur's big enough to sit in the back instead of the seat, we'll be getting a ramp. We used to assist Casper (who passed in May) for the last number of years. He always either sat on the back seat & got in himself or we lifted him into the back of our (then) Laser. I don't mind investing in a ramp as i anticipate having labs for a long time yet and will get plenty of use out of it. :)

Fair enough - didn't want you to get a rude shock! :laugh:

Do the Kluger back seats fold flat?

I had a look at a 2011 Kluger today & No, the seats don't fold down flat, not like the Territory's anyway. The price was about the same & you couldn't reverse the floor in the boot. Extra for heavy duty tow kit was about $1000 & he didn't give me a price on the cargo barrier. I was told with the ford, that $1000 just about covers both.

we bought a 07 tarago 12 months ago

we needed the room for a special needs child and for the rest of the family, furry kids included.

the dogs sit in the 3rd row comfortly with my daughter, other 2 middle row.

we have plenty of room, but i couldnt tell you about fitting creates etc in the car as we dont show, but we sure do load it with plenty of "stuff" when we go away, and the dogs are comfy in their seats.

we looked at the teritory, and they were just to heavy on fuel for us

I can fit seven rottweilers in the back of our Territory! :thumbsup:

Don't believe me??? Count them! :p :laugh:

last-day.jpg

Seriously though, we fit 2 adults Rotts in the back, and they seem happy enough - but most of the time, if we are taking two adult dogs, we will have one in the back and one on the folded down back seats. Any more than that and we take the dog trailer.

Love our Terry, though :)

We consistently take enough gear to trial with 3 BC's in our territory.

Pros - nice level of comfort. LOVE the turbo engine in the older model(no, I haven't grown up).

Cons - LOVES to chew fuel (but I don't pay for it so it doesn't matter). Build quality is DREADFUL.

If you don't care how fast a car is I wouldn't buy one, I think there are better propositions out there. I love the car though and am going to keep it when our lease runs out. :)

Agility Dogs...I PM'd you, but maybe you didn't get it. Not to worry. We have just got a good deal on an Ex. Ford Executive Ghia AWD Territory 2010 model. Can't wait for it to be delivered. :thumbsup: It comes with the works & still has 2 years to go on it's warranty. We will be able to put DVD's on for the dogs to watch while we are travelling. Thought maybe a car racing one for Bindi & Blinky Bill for the pup. :laugh: We will now have to clean up the Falcon Wagon & put it on the market.

Edited by sheena

• 2 weeks later...

Our Territory Ghia arrived yesterday & we are in :love::love: Cricket's crate fits nicely in the back & the second row seats lie flat so Bindi will go in there with her seat belt on. It actually has 3 rows of seats but the others are stashed away under the cargo area. When Cricket grows out of the "I must destroy everything " stage, we wont need to use the crate & this will give us heaps more room.

Edited by sheena

• 3 months later...

My Tucson has had custom bars put in (only recently, too), like puppy bars but not made by "Puppy Bars". It has a divider down the middle and 2 doors. I either need this setup again, or a single crate, because one of my dogs thinks its HER turn to come out to train every time the door opens! So this has helped with my sanity, she can't jump out when I try to get my well behaved one out who won't jump out until she's told laugh.gif If I didn't need this kind of setup, my options would probably be broader.

Hi RubyStar

Having just bought a Territory, and deciding an extra gate would be a good idea till some training could be implemented, could you let me know where you got this work done? Was it in Perth? I've already got a cargo barrier (one of the things I was looking for!). I like hime being able to move around in the back, but he chews through everything, so by the time we get somewhere, it's kind of hard to open the back up!

Thanks for your help and input.

Edited by Myjoe

Guest RosieFT

RubyStar is away at the moment, but does seem to be unable to keep away from DOL so she may still see this. But just in case you think she is ignoring you ;)