Sad But I Had To Share

jazzie

post-29093-0-86828000-1318828823_thumb.jpg

‎"Woof!" I said as you started the car,

"Hooray!" I said, it's my first time afar.

The scents we were passing were all new to me,

For it was my first introduction to this mystery.

As we got out of the car I embraced you with joy,

After all you remembered to bring my favourite toy!

You threw it once or twice, of which I retrieved,

But on the third it seemed you were ready to leave.

You threw it long and hard and I chased it like lightning,

But when I turned to bring it back I saw a sight quite frightening.

I gripped my toy hard as I tried to comprehend

What it was I did wrong to make our relationship end.

You walked back to your car as I sat there still loyal.

Why am I subservient and you so royal?

Your engine started, and you peeled out into the night,

You didn't even care about my overwhelming fright.

As I sat in my pose determined you would come back,

The sun faded behind me while the surroundings turned black.

Day after day I stayed in that park,

Lying... waiting... too feeble to bark.

As I lay there dying thinking of you master,

I asked myself how I got into this horrifying disaster.

With my last breath of life, I whispered your name

Then I collapsed in a heap overrun by pain.

Why didn't you love me master? Why didn't you care?

Had I no significance, was I just a clump of hair?

I stayed there master and I waited for you

I guess taking care of me was just too much to do.

I'm gone now master, no more You-and-I

But what I can't figure out is why you didn't even say goodbye...

-Author: Andrew Siegele-

DONT ABANDON YOUR PETS. You are their lives !

Here's another oldie... make sure you have your tissues ready...

http://maxellah.tripod.com/sam.htm

T.

oh man waterworks are here too :-(. They should put these up in animal shelters, pet shops ( even though I would never buy from them) Basically anywhere that has animal products so maybe one day people will learn that a dog/cat any pet really is for life

After i read the one i posted, The tears were falling and i went and sat with my dogs and gave them cuddles.

Now after reading tdierikx link i am the same again.

I do agree these kind of things need to be put up in lots of places, just so it might make a few more people realize PETS ARE FOR LIFE.

That is so horrible...I cant imagine how or why people can do that. Emotionally I was more angry at the owner. :(

Me too, Why oh why do people not realise that a pet is for life. I just don't get it. Makes me soo mad when they are treated this way. I mean they want nothing from us but to love us. Gah back to the tears.

:cry: man i so should not read these things when im at work!!

i just cant comprehend that, at all, it kills me inside when i think about leaving my pair ANYWHERE i love them with all my heart and just could not be so cruel, i cannot understand what makes pple think thats the right thing to do

:cry:

Forget about the mysteries of the universe..my biggest question has always been..why the blazes do people get dogs if they then ignore them? As far as I know it's not compulsory to own one, and yet the number of nights I lay in my bed with my two top and tail and hear neighbourhood dogs howling and barking...begs the question WHY??

They fill me with anger, sadness and despair. Pollywaffle is right, you don't HAVE to own a dog, for gods sake just say no!

The dog 10 commandments should be given out at petshops, yes that cute little ball of fluff could live for 15 years, think about where your life will be then. Commandment 10 is especially poignant to me, we had to have our almost 15 year old dog pts earlier this year. I was very scared for him as I didn't know what to expect, I was scared for me because I didn't think I could be there and not go to pieces. In the end my boy had given me 15 years of love and I held his big head, patted his soft ears and looked into his old eyes as the life faded from them and yes I did go to pieces as I loved him so much but I am so glad I had the privilege of being with him at the end.

1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me

3. Place your trust in me.. It is crucial for my well-being.

4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.

5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.

7.. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.

9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.

10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so..

Gah the 10 commandments. Yep tears again. Sheese. I really need to stop looking at this thread. And yes I think owning a dog is a priviledge. You don't Have to own one. I understand about people who ignore their dog. All I've heard lately is the dog at the back of my house barking excessively and trying to start fence fights with my girl. I think the dog is soo bored. I did ask my neighbour the other day if she ever hears my dog barking. She said no but she does hear another dog at the back ( same dog)

I read the Sam one years ago - long before I became involved with rescue... it will never leave me... *sob*

... but now I get to help make sure that at least some dogs don't end up like the "shelter demonstration" dog in that story... *grin*

T.

I read the Sam one years ago - long before I became involved with rescue... it will never leave me... *sob*

... but now I get to help make sure that at least some dogs don't end up like the "shelter demonstration" dog in that story... *grin*

T.

I'd like to do that to but I don't really know how to get started. For now I have donated goods and money. I unfortunately can't foster at the moment in the place i'm in but hoping that maybe I could help with some administration or something.

Makes me sad that soo many dogs need homes due to people's irresponsibility

Ok I am crying :( That is so sad, so many idiots do not understand the commitment when you bring a bundle of joy into your lives. Why don't people do proper research and be honest with themselves if they can dedicate their lives to a dog. It makes me so angry! How can you leave a dog defenceless and alone... they are the most beautiful creatures on this earth. So dedicated, so loyal... ah once I get started on this topic I can't stop...

That picture seriously made me teary eyed before I started reading!!!

T.

I'd like to do that to but I don't really know how to get started. For now I have donated goods and money. I unfortunately can't foster at the moment in the place i'm in but hoping that maybe I could help with some administration or something.

Makes me sad that soo many dogs need homes due to people's irresponsibility

Every little thing you can do to help is great lilmisssascha83 - even if you don't have the facility to to the hands on stuff, your donations have made a difference in an animal's life. Thank you!

T.