Run Free Gabby With Your Beautiful Bub Michael.

Nic.B

Beautiful, magnificent, huge girl and your darling bub.

I had never met you before last night and eventually you were set free to run with your calf over the bridge.

God you both went through hell.

I would like to let you know that I truly cared for you both in your stuggle for life.

I admire your strength and motherly instincts, I am so very proud of you.

I will not ever forget how hard you tried and how patient you were and am devastated that you were so badly let down by your owners.

I have a candle lit for you both and beautiful pink roses. I dont have a photo of you both though I have found one that looks just like you and Michael, so will add that as well.

Run free babes :rainbowbridge: I will meet you on the other side.

Nic xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by Nic.B

Thank you all :heart: Mum was in such distress, Bub was already long gone. I remain astounded and hurt for them both.

The "owners" were reported to the RSPCA by myself & my Husband in an effort to have her shot. They chose to drag out the calf (3) men and then just leave Mum alone in the dark and cold. They only shot her after an emergency report by me to the RSPCA. I can’t believe she suffered for so long, it would have been days.

We so wanted to assist and get Mum through, though dragging a calf out so pinned against mums pelvis in full rigor mortise is....I have no words.

I have been informed RSPCA already have a longstanding relationship with these people. I have only just found that out after following up with RSPCA after the events.

Just so very sad and so very inhumane :cry::cry: It is not rocket science, it is very basic common sense and very basic animal welfare

:( poor cow - they probably broke her pelvis doing what they did ... there are ways to make it easier ...and a bullet is infinitely preferable.

The only consolation is that they have lost a lot of money ..and that will hurt them.

Hi Perse

Yes that it what we belive, she would have had a broken pelvis if we pulled the calf and mum was already in great shock and distress.

We just wanted it to end for her as they had both suffered so much. The writting was on the wall. There was no life in Mum at all aside from her eyes rolling back into her head and lifeless in body. She did keep trying for us though and my heart breaks for her.

I think they probably sqeezed out another few hundred bucks from her and bub after death via the nackery. They pay to pick up dead or ageing livestock around here, pay you as well, for dog food. I see doggers at the sale yards all the time bidding for dog food. :( .

:hug: to you and your husband Nic

I will never understand people who leave animals obviously in distress, even if they are just 'stock and I thank the universe that we have people like Nic who will not stand by and let this happen. I am so sorry as this is obviously distressing

Mum and baby it doesn't matter that you were just cows and that your job might only have been to produce milk or end up as meat for humans or other animals. You had a right to live in safety and have your basic needs met. You did not deserve to be left to suffer until death. I am so sorry this happened to you. There are people here who wish they could've done more.

And this is awful for you too Nic. Having lived on a cattle farm as a child and having immediate family members still running sheep and goats I still will not tolerate this kind of treatment to an animal. It is absolutely not necessary to be inhumane and heartless just because they are livestock. Quick and painless is not hard to do for any animal.

Thank you all so very much for your thoughts and empathy for Mum and Bub. I wanted her to know that people do care and are compassionate which is why I posted for them here.

I agree with you all, there is no excuse for such cruelty and neglect.

My only solice is that they are free now to run together with no pain or suffering.

I will be following up on this case with my Husband and hope and pray the owners will learn from this.

They were truly both so beautiful :heart::heart::heart: Beautiful, beautiful creatures.

Mum was simply inspirational in her efforts to deliver her calf, I will never forget them as long as I live.

Nic xxxx