Cool Coats

Paganman

After having used the cool champion coats which are good... i was put on these coats and have to say they are 10 times BETTER !!!! no need to keep on re-wetting them :D

Hyperkewl coats

Thanks!! :D

Ive been looking at the different types for a few weeks now, and this one seems to have all the good features, even though it doesn't cover the rump, I like the wide belly band to cool the stomach area.

Free shipping and only $35 makes it even better :thumbsup:

I just wish I had it for tomorrow, 35 degrees at Erskine Park and one flakey, soft ACD!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After having used the cool champion coats which are good... i was put on these coats and have to say they are 10 times BETTER !!!! no need to keep on re-wetting them :D

Hyperkewl coats

Ive been looking at the different types for a few weeks now, and this one seems to have all the good features, even though it doesn't cover the rump, I like the wide belly band to cool the stomach area.

I just wish I had it for tomorrow, 35 degrees at Erskine Park and one flakey, soft ACD!

:laugh: I have one on the way from CR - the free shipping was too good to miss. ;) I have Cool Champions, so will be interested to see how this one compares. :eek: 35 - that's hot - forecast is 27 for us tomorrow - hot for down here - will definitely need to cool coat for B/W BC who feels the heat.

We have just become the Brisbane Distribitor for Shammycool® who make a great range of coats and mats.

They will be available from our stall at Durack and we will have them with us at Caboolture Show in two weeks time.

We used one on a very unruly border collie puppy coat last weekend with great success with the added benefit of keeping her nice and cool :)

I have just uploaded the sizes and prices along with some photo's on FB if anyone wants to have a look.

Shammycool

I have the Champion ones and I was very disappointed with the performance of these and they were very expensive. Have just had a new order from the USA of the ones I have loved and used for years which are the Chamois ones. The Brand is GOTCHA COVERED and they have been the best and I will not use anything else now. Postage was free this time and they arrived really quickly. Great to deal with too and could highly recommend.

Just had a look and nothing listed on Ebay this morning but you could contact her I am sure:

http://stores.ebay.com.au/gotchacovered

Cheers

We have used a variety of cool coats with the border collies and have come to the conclusion that the chillybuddy ones from clean run Found here are by far the best ones out there. They don't actually need to be wet to work, the dogs still stay incredibly cool just from the reflective nature of them, if you do wet them then they are even cooler again. They are also lightweight which makes a big difference. Charlie, Sweep and Whip all use these as they are extremely heat intolerant.

I started off with the cool champions ones and used them for a little while but would never use them again now that I have found better alternatives. There are so many negatives that go with them which people don't take into consideration. Firstly, when they are wet they become quite heavy and the dogs are actually working harder when walking around with them on. Even when I did use them my dogs were never wearing them unless they were lying down in their crates. Secondly, the dogs body temperature actually begins to heat the water in them and if you are not regularly checking them it can have the opposite effect to what you are trying to achieve- they become like a warm coat. They are now used as spray jackets when we need to toilet the dogs in the rain LOL

Our other dogs (the ones not using chillybuddy coats) use these ones. They are pretty good and lightweight, although they dry out quickly and once again need to be wet to be effective. We are slowly getting all the dogs chillybuddy coats as we can afford it, but with 9 dogs that is a slow process :)

Come to think of it amypie I think that second one might be the one she ordered, I remember her saying something about it being blue. Either way, it's a saving, the one she went to buy locally was over $60

:laugh: I have one on the way from CR - the free shipping was too good to miss. ;) I have Cool Champions, so will be interested to see how this one compares. :eek: 35 - that's hot - forecast is 27 for us tomorrow - hot for down here - will definitely need to cool coat for B/W BC who feels the heat.

:laugh: I got an email saying one of mine is on backorder, apparently orders sent to NSW were incredibly high last week!

I ended up ordering one of the Hyperkewl ones from Clean Run.Wow i never knew there were so many different ones.The ones from the US are cheaper to buy than the ones here with the free postage.

Does anyone know how long they take to get here?

so no sooner do I buy 3 x cool champions (which work great if leave a lot to be desired in the fit department) and now there is better and cheaper!!! :rofl:

Mind you I wore my (very fetching) cool champions one myself for about 4 hours in direct 30 degree heat last Sunday and it NEVER warmed up?

edited for news:: turns out there was a fault in the 2xl shipment so not a fit issue - will be going back for adjustment :thumbsup:

Edited by Meea

We have used a variety of cool coats with the border collies and have come to the conclusion that the chillybuddy ones from clean run Found here are by far the best ones out there. They don't actually need to be wet to work, the dogs still stay incredibly cool just from the reflective nature of them, if you do wet them then they are even cooler again. They are also lightweight which makes a big difference. Charlie, Sweep and Whip all use these as they are extremely heat intolerant.

I started off with the cool champions ones and used them for a little while but would never use them again now that I have found better alternatives. There are so many negatives that go with them which people don't take into consideration. Firstly, when they are wet they become quite heavy and the dogs are actually working harder when walking around with them on. Even when I did use them my dogs were never wearing them unless they were lying down in their crates. Secondly, the dogs body temperature actually begins to heat the water in them and if you are not regularly checking them it can have the opposite effect to what you are trying to achieve- they become like a warm coat. They are now used as spray jackets when we need to toilet the dogs in the rain LOL

Our other dogs (the ones not using chillybuddy coats) use these ones. They are pretty good and lightweight, although they dry out quickly and once again need to be wet to be effective. We are slowly getting all the dogs chillybuddy coats as we can afford it, but with 9 dogs that is a slow process :)

Thanks for the tip DC.....I have a Cool Champions coat for my Dally - it's good for recovery but not so effective standing in the sun waiting to go into the agility ring. I've just ordered 2 Chillybuddy jackets for my dogs (love free shipping!) so will be very interested to see how they go.

I used my cool champions coat on my ridgie yesterday at Bulahdelah, and it was fantastic. The other dogs sharing the gazebo had terry toweling coats, and they were still panting, whilst my boy was not panting he looked so comfortable :thumbsup: It was fantastic for him. :D

I have a couple of the Cool Champions for the Schipps, now I have an extra dog I want/need another coat so this

thread has been helpful. :confused:

Such variety in the market is confusing.

What would you choose for a double coated black dog?

From memory the cool champions I had to soak several times during the day at a show.

Plus they feel like they take ages to dry on the inside before packing them away for winter.

BB