What Is A Good Outdoor Bed For A Dog?

Bluefairy

Hi,

My Pug is an inside dog, but when the weather is lovely I let him go outside for a while and he likes to lay in the sun (if its not too warm). So instead of laying on the decking, I want to get him a bed, but I have no idea what types of beds are best.

I would like a bed that doesn't deteriorate in the heat and cold, as it will stay outside. It will be under shelter so won't get wet.

So what do you think?

What size for a Pug?

Where do you get them from?

Thanks

Lynn

My outside beds are the trampoline beds..but the really sturdy pipe not the flimsy frames..these are the ones that you buy the bags to go on them, but I use the white feed bags, they air better etc. These I have found are indestructable with the Pugs lol. And when the bag wears out you just replace it.

Guest donatella

Hi,

My Pug is an inside dog, but when the weather is lovely I let him go outside for a while and he likes to lay in the sun (if its not too warm). So instead of laying on the decking, I want to get him a bed, but I have no idea what types of beds are best.

I would like a bed that doesn't deteriorate in the heat and cold, as it will stay outside. It will be under shelter so won't get wet.

So what do you think?

What size for a Pug?

Where do you get them from?

Thanks

Lynn

blue in small

http://www.crazysales.com.au/small-dog-cat-pet-hammock-bed-blue-89-x-60-x-20-cm.html

green in large

http://www.crazysales.com.au/large-dog-cat-pet-hammock-bed-green-110-x-80-x-20-cm.html

Thank you so much. Yes I think the trampoline type would be perfect....my only problem is, do they come in a smaller height. Most of them are 20cm, Archie has neurological problems and he's not all that good lifting his front legs, or climbing stairs. I know I can just cut off the legs and make them shorter, but can you buy them shorter first?

I just think he might give up, if he has trouble getting onto or off of it.

Thanks

Lynn

I had one like that last pic but it was square at the corners and had much shorter legs..had like shade cloth as the bed bit...so yes you can get shorter types Bluefairy but I cant remember the brand of this one. :) It lasted for ages but then succumbed to the chewing.

Thank you everyone. Unfortunately I don't have an Aldi here. I will have a look at KMart, its the only store we have. If not it will have to be online.

Anne I have that bed for one of my cats, that might be an idea. Archie can climb over the opening, but might struggle with stepping up onto the frame beds. I might give him a try with it.

Thanks again

Lynn

Bunnings also has trampoline beds. My snooza trampoline bed also has much shorter legs than the other non branded one (but cost only a fraction of the price).

Just a note - none of my dogs has ever really liked them. They'd use them if told but given the choice will always pick the ground.

Don't know if you have an Aldi near you, but they have them on special from wednesday i think...

Pet Beds at Aldi

I have no idea of the quality, but am going to get one myself. Most of their stuff is pretty reasonable, and $25 sounds like a good price :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting this, I have several of these littered around the yard and am very happy with them for the price so may stock up on some more! :D

1320710437[/url]' post='5579640']

Bunnings also has trampoline beds. My snooza trampoline bed also has much shorter legs than the other non branded one (but cost only a fraction of the price).

Just a note - none of my dogs has ever really liked them. They'd use them if told but given the choice will always pick the ground.

Much the same here, I think a total of 30 minutes on them then never went back.

I managed to get a framed bed for Archie from our local KMart, it was $29. Its very well made, and it comes in 3 colours, black, red and blue. I got red.

I called Archie to get on it, he was reluctant at first, but he managed eventually to get up by himself, and he sat proudly on it, they took a huge jump off it. I'm not sure it will get used, but at least he has a bed in the shade if he needs it.

Thanks again everyone.

Lynn