Aussie People

Clyde

Hudson is a complete show off, and he always has to be involved in everything that is going on! I just love him though, and most people can't get enough of his happy go lucky personality!

This photo that Fiona managed to capture at the orange shows perfectly shows off typical 'Hudson'.. hehe

(I am organizing to purchase this and other photos currently, but if I need to take it down no worries!)

375157_2641224834279_1365305413_33060081_180915081_n.jpg

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are some that are quite high drive though and need to be doing something most of the time.

That is Flynn to a T. He is go go go and is happiest when he can play all the time - whether thats with another dog or a toy etc.

A good breeder will be able to tell you if there is something suitable for you in the litter depending on what energy level etc you want.

How about adorable mismarks and their cheeky little blue merle brothers? ;)

post-24815-0-94188300-1321252703_thumb.jpg

Ava loves to be where the action is but also loves a snuggle on the couch. She has a very soft personality but plays very rough with her friends. When she was younger she loved everyone and everything but these days she is more selective about her friends, both human and canine. She is soooo easy to train and just LOVES to please :)

There are some that are quite high drive though and need to be doing something most of the time.

That is Flynn to a T. He is go go go and is happiest when he can play all the time - whether thats with another dog or a toy etc.

A good breeder will be able to tell you if there is something suitable for you in the litter depending on what energy level etc you want.

I would say this is Ripley, he loves nothing more than to be running flat out chasing a ball or a frisbee, but we've found that if we give him sufficient running time, he's quite happy to settle down in front of the TV and snooze, he can come in on a rainy afternoon and just relax.

They all LOVE to be in on anything that's going on though....even just something as mundane as putting out the bins. They are currently all lined up at our front window watching with interest as my husband wheels the bins out for the morning pick up.

If I'm baking, I have four bodies ready to taste test, and if I'm gardening, they're all in there helping drag weeds around the yard and carry the little plastic pots away when I'm done with them.

So you need to get used to the idea that if you have an Aussie or four, you'll have the best helpers ever.

After owning and loving BCs for many years I then became the proud owner of an Aussie.(Bracken)

Bracken has sadly just recently gone to the rainbow bridge and I'm now looking for another Aussie. I'm just madly in love and hooked on this beautiful breed. :heart: Still love Borders but I spotted my first Aussie pup over 20yrs ago and told myself I'm going to own one of those one day. Now I'm looking for my second one to love. Whats post-39763-0-51021800-1321262943_thumb.jpgthat saying about potato chips and Aussies?

Edited by Ozshep-Bracken

After owning and loving BCs for many years I then became the proud owner of an Aussie.(Bracken)

Bracken has just recently gone to the rainbow bridge and I'm now looking for another Aussie. I'm just madly in love and hook on this beautiful breed. :heart:

What a beautiful Aussie Braken was. :) Where did Braken come from?

Can I just say that the blue merle Aussies are the only dog that I think could sway me from a Lappie as my next dog - so as a compromise i think I will just have to get one of each :thumbsup:

There seems to be a few admirers of the Aussies among the Lappie people I know. If I had known about Aussies before I got a Lappie it might have been a very difficult decision! They'd go well with a Lappie ;)

I already want a Lappie as my next dog :laugh:

How about adorable mismarks and their cheeky little blue merle brothers? ;)

post-24815-0-94188300-1321252703_thumb.jpg

Ava loves to be where the action is but also loves a snuggle on the couch. She has a very soft personality but plays very rough with her friends. When she was younger she loved everyone and everything but these days she is more selective about her friends, both human and canine. She is soooo easy to train and just LOVES to please :)

Ava is so beautiful :)

Bracken has just recently gone to the rainbow bridge and I'm now looking for another Aussie. I'm just madly in love and hook on this beautiful breed. :heart:

What a beautiful Aussie Braken was. :) Where did Braken come from?

Thank you, Bracken was a truely beautiful dog and is sorely missed. He was a 'Walkabout'dog.

Check out my little Shae....she looks like a girl version of Bracken.

dogin14.jpg

Oh Gayle, My heart just leapt! Always said I wanted a dog with Bracken's looks and a blue eye. And you have her!!! Now if I could just find a boy like that and I'd be one very happy girl. Thanks for posting your beautiful pic. Give Shae a cuddle and kiss from me. :) BTW , I'm eagerly waiting for leopuppy's new litter. My next new Aussie to love may be in there. :)

Edited by Ozshep-Bracken

Check out my little Shae....she looks like a girl version of Bracken.

dogin14.jpg

Oh Gayle, My heart just leapt! Always said I wanted a dog with Bracken's looks and a blue eye. And you have her!!! Now if I could just find a boy like that and I'd be one very happy girl. Thanks for posting your beautiful pic. Give Shae a cuddle and kiss from me. :)

Shae came to me at the age of five, she's from Borderton Kennels in WA. She was returned to them twice because her previous owners either didn't want her or couldn't keep her. When she came here, she was fat, her coat had been clipped almost to the skin by her previous owners and she walked with a stiff legged gait. That was in Feb this year, her most recent owner had dropped her off in Perth on their way to Dubai. Now she is fit, slim and has the most amazing coat and she is SOOOO beautiful. And she has two herding titles! I am so proud of her, I took her to a herding clinic at Easter and the first time she was given sheep to herd, it was like the last piece of a puzzle clicked into place. This little dog (and she is tiny, much smaller than any of my other dogs) grew in stature and presented this commanding and purposeful presence and all her instincts told her what to do. Since then we've entered trials and she has an absolute blast.

She is adorable, like a little muppet although she's a feisty brat sometimes but she's just the most fun in the world to live with. She has turned into such a stunner I'm thinking about entering her in neuter classes in dog shows.