Prefix Withdrawn

Sir Sniffalot

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After pondering this overnight the similarities are very obvious l just didn't see the issue and feel if it was a issue something could have been said earlier not waiting over 5 months

Both prefixes start with Bally...........

Same breed

Same state

and we both have the same lastname

The other party is concerned we may be confused, l dont know but l'd say even if my prefix is changed we may still be confused our first names are similar too.

Really, I'm surprised it got through with such glaringly obvious similarities.

I agree!

I think there needs to be 1 or 2 people who do all the prefixes - as there is far to many that are very close or are common words - which they say are not acceptable. It goal posts seem to move depending on who is doing them.

Yeah that is why there was a delay, l feel considering the complaint came from my mother who was aware of my choices before l even submitted them she could have told me at any stage she was going to object she opted to wait the 5 months, the prefix was in Sept gazette the objection was lodged 6 weeks later on my birthday she did ring me to wish me a happy birthday then headed off to lodge the complaint it seems. So disapopointed with the way it has been handled and it seems l have no avenue to object as a decision has been made without me even being aware there was a problem.

Troy was even contacted and asked to remove my membership as the prefix has been revoked and l currently have a litter advertised on here. Dogs Vic did point out yesterday that they have noticed l have a litter on DOL and that if l object l will have to explain to the puppy owners why their puppies wont have papers :eek: . Bit rude l thought.

Yeah that is why there was a delay, l feel considering the complaint came from my mother who was aware of my choices before l even submitted them she could have told me at any stage she was going to object she opted to wait the 5 months, the prefix was in Sept gazette the objection was lodged 6 weeks later on my birthday she did ring me to wish me a happy birthday then headed off to lodge the complaint it seems. So disapopointed with the way it has been handled and it seems l have no avenue to object as a decision has been made without me even being aware there was a problem.

Troy was even contacted and asked to remove my membership as the prefix has been revoked and l currently have a litter advertised on here. Dogs Vic did point out yesterday that they have noticed l have a litter on DOL and that if l object l will have to explain to the puppy owners why their puppies wont have papers :eek: . Bit rude l thought.

Aaahhh there in lies the issue family politics.

Oh That just makes it worse!!!

Two prefixes are Ballymerra and Ballyoran

On the upside l'll be keeping the new show suit and matching Glamour show leads l bought her for Christmas

I would have thought those two names were different enough.

The only time I have heard of a prefix being revoked was a couple of years ago in my breed but there was only one different letter in the prefix. The second one had a "K" instead of a "C" and should never have been approved.

Edited by dancinbcs

Gawd, we have a prefix that is easily as close to another prefix (if not closer) - and we've had it for 20+ years.

We are Allerzeit

My parents are Allerhochst

We both breed Rottweilers, and at the time of getting my prefix I still had the same surname and was living in the same state (not now - different surname and state).

We all (including my parents) deliberately chose my prefix to be similar to theirs to indicate the family connection.

If you go to the Prefix Search site, and look at prefixes listed by breed for some of the more popular breeds, you will find lots of examples of prefixes that are as close to, or closer to, other prefixes than what yours are.

Seems a bit bloody rough to me.

It being family makes it a whole other ballgame which I won't comment on except to say that family stuff rarely gets better when it's hauled out in public.

Leaving that aside, I can't see where confusion would arise. Bally is like "Hill" or "Town" or something like that in a name. It's a generic word describing a land division, not the word that gives the prefix it's ultimate character. I wouldn't confuse the two and if it wasn't your mum, I'd suggest appealing the decision if you have an avenue to do so.

Oh That just makes it worse!!!

So....is mum going to pay for the re doing of the signage, website etc. :grimace:

l dont think she see's the problem it causes not only me but l already have a litter l now need to ask for their peds back and with a litter that is 6 weeks old two of the puppies are off to show homes means if l object this could take weeks and these pups wont have papers and can't show. Understandable the new owners are angry too, having to explain to new owners yes l am still a registered breeder l just dont have a prefix anymore, your puppy will eventually have a name but what and when l dont know. Of course they want to know how and why this happened too.

I can't believe yours was revoked for that reason. My prefix is Mannabred, I breed labrador retrievers. I have had my prefix about 10 years approximately. I recently noticed that there is a labrador breeder in Victoria who have a very similar prefix to mine, same beginning of "manna". I was disappointed when I saw it, and especially as it is the same breed, but didn't realise I could have put in a complaint about it. I am not sure if I would have, but do admit to feeling a quite disappointed that another so similar to mine was past.

What would hapen if there are two nearly the same names but in diferant state move to the same state

Nothing.

All Prefixes are published in every State gazette - even prefixes registered in other States.

It states - Objections to an approved prefix must be notified to the office withing three months from the date of this publication.