Prefix Withdrawn

Sir Sniffalot

Verspa (Versatile Spaniel)

Verjig (Versatile Jig - I always think cockers do a jig!)

Versniel

Versel

Jorma/Jormad/Jorel/Joreline/Jadel/Jaline

Have you tried some Gaelic words?

Croith = Wag

ildanach = versatile

deach = duel (as in duel title)

corraigh = excite (also means irritate though!)

suairc = Merry

leim = jump/leap

my brain hurts now!

Edited by SparkyTansy

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ardmore, Carnlough, Cashel, Esker, Glaisin, Leitir, Ennis, Raheny, Termin, Trahmore, Tulloch, Tulrahan, Creen, Coomcallee, Carrig, Litire, Lios, Roscrea,

(all Irish words)

Rekcoc, leinaps, (cocker spaniel backwards)

Endof. (my tether)

Rusrus (are you serious)

Gtfuud (ermm...)

Yrjking (your joking) Yrjkngarntu (your joking aren't you)

Ybthir (why bother)

Srisly (seriously)

Lmfao (!!!!)

Sometimes I really can't understand why they approve some prefix and reject other? We put in 5 and all 5 were rejected - yes one was similar to another kennel with Toy breed. The put in another 4 - searched the web and could not find any similar names IN THE WORLD and they got rejected too. Tried another 5 and got the 3rd.

What a PIA to have you prefix withdrawn :(

What about using Irish spelling seeing as you come from Northern Ireland.

My husband is from the republic of Ireland and I am into using Irish spellings for naming my dogs and if perchance I like a particular name I use the Irish spelling first off and then next time around use the English version, they would not have a clue what it is all about.

Here are two to start off with and their meanings.

Caoimhe pronounsed Keeva, means beautiful and gentle, I have a Frenchie with that name as a pet name.

Aishlinn means a gift.

If you want I can continue having a look, even getting to the Gaelic spellings of place names.

I notice Tramhore was mentioned, that is the incorrect spelling of Tramore in Co Waterford where I have my husband's family living the correct spelling is Traighmor I do not know the meaning of this but will ask my husband. If I am not mistaken there is a Frenchie kennel in Belfast that has that as their prefix not that that would matter here or does it?

Best of luck.

Hi SS

yea finally been added here

I have been playing around with some names for if it helps

Gallo (latin for Cocker)

Murgallo Mur is from Murve, he was a strong devoted Rottie we had years ago, gallo I added on

the following words all mean strong in latin, I just added Gallo onto the end & they are all under 12 letters, see what happens with Dogs Vic

valensgallo

potensgallo

pollensgallo

fortisgallo

firmusgallo

Just did and the emailed reply was

None of the names you have provided have passed the 1st check due to a variety of reasons (either previously used by Cocker Spaniel breeders, too similar to existing prefix names, registered trademarks).

Considering 37 have not passed the first check which means they were too another Vic prefix l'm wondering if anyone in Vic actually manages to get a prefix approved. :(

Yep I would be definately asking why they are being rejected, it does seem to be getting a little ridiculous....When I applied for my prefix my 1st 10 where also rejected, I then put in another 10 & the 3rd one of my second lot was accepted.

It certainly isn't easy, but I do know of some people getting very lucky & getting their 1st choice.

I do think it is awful what your mum did, & I don't think they where too similar either.....Hope you get a new prefix very soon. :)

You definitely won't get ildanach - that is my prefix and picked for it's meaning :)

My next choice with a similar meaning was veyatie.

Sorry Piper I didnt check I just looked for words :o

Thats fine, I was surprised it wasnt taken when I tried for it.

I played with google translator and words that that I thought of when describing a border collie. So could do same with cocker. I think the word Merry gets used a lot so here are some translations for merry: Alegre, Lustlik, Lystig, Sugach, Emeche, Lorem, Hilarus, Alacer, Lawen

No idea if any of those are taken. But hopefully it gives you some useful ideas.

Something is not right here!!?? I can't think of anyone else having up to 30 names rejected?? Good luck :thumbsup:

Me! I did when I applied for my prefix all those years ago. Benshiva was my 31st choice LOL.

Wagaway in Border Collies was the 36th choice for them way back in the 70s. I got my first choice but someone with my first initial and surname got my second choice a couple of months later. Now that was spooky.