Prefix Withdrawn

Sir Sniffalot

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well she lodged it on my birthday she did ring that day to wish me happpy birthday and my son 5 days earlier but mentioned nothing, l had no idea until l got the registered letter from Dogs Vic yesterday.

Well that sure is a present you can't return. :(

I think there needs to be 1 or 2 people who do all the prefixes - as there is far to many that are very close or are common words - which they say are not acceptable. It goal posts seem to move depending on who is doing them.

I am pretty sure that all choices are put through a computer and it spits out the one it says you can have... (at least thats what they told me earlier this year when I got mine).

Two prefixes are Ballymerra and Ballyoran

On the upside l'll be keeping the new show suit and matching Glamour show leads l bought her for Christmas

Oh for goodness sake - these are way different.

Go check out the prefixes in shetland sheepdogs - heaps are very very very similar - way more than yours. So many have "shel" as the start of them.

Do they really advertise new prefixes? haven't seen them in the DogsSA journal.

What would hapen if there are two nearly the same names but in diferant state move to the same state

Nothing.

All Prefixes are published in every State gazette - even prefixes registered in other States.

It states - Objections to an approved prefix must be notified to the office withing three months from the date of this publication.

I haven't seen them in the Dogs SA journal. I think they should be if they are being put in all the rest!

What would hapen if there are two nearly the same names but in diferant state move to the same state

Nothing.

All Prefixes are published in every State gazette - even prefixes registered in other States.

It states - Objections to an approved prefix must be notified to the office withing three months from the date of this publication.

SA dont publish them and havent for years :mad

Yeah that is why there was a delay, l feel considering the complaint came from my mother who was aware of my choices before l even submitted them she could have told me at any stage she was going to object she opted to wait the 5 months, the prefix was in Sept gazette the objection was lodged 6 weeks later on my birthday she did ring me to wish me a happy birthday then headed off to lodge the complaint it seems. So disapopointed with the way it has been handled and it seems l have no avenue to object as a decision has been made without me even being aware there was a problem.

Troy was even contacted and asked to remove my membership as the prefix has been revoked and l currently have a litter advertised on here. Dogs Vic did point out yesterday that they have noticed l have a litter on DOL and that if l object l will have to explain to the puppy owners why their puppies wont have papers :eek: . Bit rude l thought.

Have you asked her why she has done this? I just don't understand why she would do this to her own child. I really think the names are different enough to be fine.

• 2 months later...

So my prefix drama continues and l need some help from DOL members pls. l have submitted 21 choices and they have all been reject. l'm flat out of ideas !!!!

Are you kidding us???? All 21 rejected, how frustrating for you. :(

l'm at the point l'll take anything this has been going on for over 8 weeks since they withdrew my old prefix as my mother lodged a complaint it was too similar to hers.

Prefixes rejected today included :-

Otreca, Roteca, Tocrea, Jaybee, Madjor, Jorma, Jorjaline, Coatre, Treaco, Oratec, Ectorae and Etreaco Merrispan

Merryspan, Otreca, Jaybee, Julby, mytitleis, Bythebye

Madjor, Jorma. these are combinations of my name, my last name, places, the kids names.

Forgot about the first 10 l lodged when l first applied for a prefix which have all been rejected too.

Edited by Sir Sniffalot

Yep running out of ideas.

So my breed is Cocker Spaniel but l can't have anything with Span or Merry / Merri as there are already breeders in Vic with that.

Kids names Jorja and Madeline, l'm Julie. Born in Nth Ireland but anything with Bally is out. l do abit of everything with my dogs show, obedience, tracking, endurance, agility but l have tried combinations of the first letters of these sports and all have been knocked back......

Edited by Sir Sniffalot