What Are The Different Breed That You Have?

TC001

I have a nearly 12 year old Jack Russell Terrier, a 4 year old Deerhound, an 18 month old Bloodhound X Foxhound and 2 Basset Fauve De Bretagnes with at least one more coming in the next few weeks.

I can't imagine that I'll ever have anything other than Fauves now as I just love them but my husband will probably always want a big stupid. I also can't imagine ever only having one dog as I grew up in a family that rarely had just one dog - I'm so used to a multiple dog family now that it would feel weird to have just the one.

We have a female Australian Shepherd and a male Anatolian Shepherd mix.

They get along great, we want a third dog(not yet!!), in the future, and are tossing up on what sex to get but I really think it depends more on the dogs personality and how it will fit in with your existing dog/s.

ETA: Ages: Aussie is 3.5 yrs and Anatolian is 3 yrs.

Edited by Aussie3

JRT - 5yrs - female - desexed

Maltese x Shih Tzu - 3yrs - male - desexed

Doberman - 2yrs - male - entire

Dobe loves JRT - she sometimes likes him back :laugh: they play with each other on her terms, thankfully she is a real pocket rocket!

Both Dobe and Xbreed males are real mummys boys and follow me everywhere, they are fine together but never play with each other, the little fluffer isn't much for playing.

JRT prefers to spend all of her time 'hunting' geckos, lizards, bugs, beetles etc and when she isn't doing that she likes to sleep.

If I could I would have another big dog (Dobe) so my Dobe has another dog around his size to play with as the little ones get cranky with him because he is such a big doofus.

1 Siberian Husky female, desexed (almost 2)

1 Finnish Lapphund female, entire (almost 1)

They get along really well together, but if my Husky was entire there's no way I'd have another entire female. My lappie, on the other hand, would cope fine with another entire female, she's a lot more submissive than the Husky.

Maltese X desexed male 3 years old

Toy Poodle desexed female 2 years old

Samoyed entire male 10 months old

The Samoyed is a big doofus too who gets in trouble by the little dogs if he gets too rough. The Poodle is the higher up of the dogs.

The little ones are more people orientated so they really would rather Barney didn't exist lol. They don't initiate play with him and ignore him most of the time.

All female in our house including the cat and chooks.

1 x desexed female greyhound (5years)

1 x desexed female staffy (11 years)

1 x desexed female chihuahua x (6years)

Everyone gets on really well and have not ever had issues not even over food or bones. Our greyhound actually growls at any male foster dogs we have.

Edited by skyesblue

3 x pointers (2x bitches 1 x dog)

1 x pug (bitch)

1 x cranky mutt (dog)

Mine all get along fine! The old cranky mutt is less tolerant these days especially with my boy pointer but the old mutt has always had a soft spot for the ladies!!!:rofl:

6yr old male Lab, inside dog, outside during the day but as soon as someone is home he is inside. Last ngiht slept on the couch. :laugh: He is being spoilt lately!

3yr old female GSD, Same deal as above. Majority of time spent inside, when she is outside she is in the dog run with a roof because she escapes and is a nusiance. Sleeps inside and spends most of her time inside because of the escaping issue. Cannot wait to move to a house with adequate fencing and she can have more outdoor time.

We only have the one at the moment (Im working on it) and she is a three year old desexed bull arab. But we look after my sister in laws doberman (three, entire) and father in laws SBT (eight, entire) sometimes, and vice versa. They all just love each other to bits, and will play and lick each others faces and swim and play and have a nap and play together all day. My mother has an elderly rescue chi that she has had for a long time, we are unsure how old he really is but estimate that he is about 14, he tolerates Stella as she is so big compared to him. If she lays down on the floor, he will play with her. She tries so hard with him, its almost comical and sad at the same time. She will smile and fawn, nudge him, lick him, beg, smile. LOL.

I would love to adopt a rescue greyhound, I think one would fit in just nicely around here! :)

ETA: Stella has run of the house day and night, unless we are at work and she is outside. She blew her chance of staying inside with the huge damage bill that she owes us!

Edited by crazydoglady

Entire male Dalmatian who is nearly 5. He thinks he is the Casanova of the dog world (and fortunately the girls think so too) so I always knew our next dog would be female. So we now have an entire female working English Springer Spaniel who is around 14 months. I like to say that HE is great with her and SHE is very good for him. She gets away with absolute murder and seems to have a permanent puppy license - she steals his toys, wrestles with him and bites him on the legs until he relents and plays. I always feed them separately "just in case" but often train them together or in rotation. If he grumps at her she just rolls over and, whilst he is having a good sniff, she reaches out, takes the toy she was after and bolts :laugh: They are a great, if not odd, match and I think Ziggy would be more than happy with a harem of girls of similar personality. I have seen him in the company of 4 English Springers and 2 Welsh Springers and I've never seem him look so chuffed even when the old girls told him off for getting a little personal ;)

Greyhounds and Italian Greyhounds. All entire except for one 15yr old IG ( who still thinks he can try to have his way with in season girls even though he was desexed a few years ago)

I dont let the IGs and greys run together but generally they mix fine with their own breed. The odd one doesnt get on so those ones are not kennelled together or exercised unsupervised.

OH had a deerhound and an airedale, again both entire. They got on fabulously together. His previous airedale, entire male, had 2 entire male IGs for kennel mates and they all got on great.

1 x 5.5 year old entire male Kelpie.

1 x 7 month old Schipperke.

They live half the time with a 6.5 year old desexed male Weimaraner X Lab and the other half with a desexed female 7.5 year old Chihuahua X and a desexed female 7 year old JRT x.

The two older littlies are constantly reprimanding the Schipp for being a nuisance, and the Kelpie begrudgingly tolerates her (poor thing :cry: ) The rest pretty much ignore each other, although the two older littles who grew up together will play on the rare occasion. :)

The Weim X spends his time grumbling at my two or ignoring them. :laugh: