gone

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/dog-mauls-tot-good-samaritan-in-burnside-attack-in-melbournes-west/story-e6frf7jo-1226197826630

UPDATE 2.55pm: A HEROIC father has saved a baby from the jaws a ferocious pit bull with his bare hands.

The brave father of a 15-month old child tackled the dog after seeing the animal mauling the one-year old boy in his pram.

Authorities have confirmed the dog is a pit bull terrier cross.

The boy remains at Sunshine Hospital with horrific facial injuries.

Rather long story so I didn't quote the lot, but the picture shows a bull terrier cross and the dog is registered as a bull terrier cross, but somehow authorities have confirmed it is a pitbull cross?

I'm confused :confused:

Hope the toddler is ok :cry:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/dog-mauls-tot-good-samaritan-in-burnside-attack-in-melbournes-west/story-e6frf7jo-1226197826630

UPDATE 2.55pm: A HEROIC father has saved a baby from the jaws a ferocious pit bull with his bare hands.

The brave father of a 15-month old child tackled the dog after seeing the animal mauling the one-year old boy in his pram.

Authorities have confirmed the dog is a pit bull terrier cross.

The boy remains at Sunshine Hospital with horrific facial injuries.

Rather long story so I didn't quote the lot, but the picture shows a bull terrier cross and the dog is registered as a bull terrier cross, but somehow authorities have confirmed it is a pitbull cross?

I'm confused :confused:

Hope the toddler is ok :cry:

OMG WTF!

That is clearly a BT x and already a PB has been blamed for it, this is friggin ridiculous. Damage is done now, another toddler attacked by a "pitbull" what a load of crap.

I hope all the victims are ok and will fully recover mentally and physically.

article states :Authorities have confirmed the dog is a bull terrier cross, amid claims by locals they had alerted the Melton Shire to the roaming dog just before the attack, and that the same dog had previously been recaptured on the loose

--Lhok

article states :Authorities have confirmed the dog is a bull terrier cross, amid claims by locals they had alerted the Melton Shire to the roaming dog just before the attack, and that the same dog had previously been recaptured on the loose

--Lhok

You can see from my quote that is taken at 2.55pm and now the same article has been updated at 3.55pm which now states that authorities have confirmed that it is a bull terrier cross. Probably a bit of back tracking there, not unusual for that paper.

Doesn't look anything like a pitbull!

Shame on the council who were told about a loose dog and did nothing. I reported two loose aggressive dogs wondering in my area and was told by the council that unless the dogs were contained they wouldn't do anything about it!!!!!

Wishes to the people involved for a speedy recovery.

--Lhok

You can see from my quote that is taken at 2.55pm and now the same article has been updated at 3.55pm which now states that authorities have confirmed that it is a bull terrier cross. Probably a bit of back tracking there, not unusual for that paper.

Fair enough, was just putting the quote up to stop the pit bull comments. Sorry if you thought I was having a go at you :)

I still find it horrific they keep dragging up the attack on the 4 year old who died, it must be horrible for the parents to see that everytime there is a dog attack :(

--Lhok

When I read that story and made my comment it said Pitbull, I wrote in a comment to the website about it being a Bull Terrier and how they are separate breeds (not been published) but after that it changed!

Oh well so long as they report the right thing, although damage is already done.

Edited by Keira&Phoenix

That is clearly a BT x and already a PB has been blamed for it, this is friggin ridiculous. Damage is done now, another toddler attacked by a "pitbull" what a load of crap.

where is the picture? they seemed to have taken it down??

It's still there in the Herald Sun link

It isn't the first article posted it is this one

--Lhok

Fair enough, was just putting the quote up to stop the pit bull comments. Sorry if you thought I was having a go at you :)

I still find it horrific they keep dragging up the attack on the 4 year old who died, it must be horrible for the parents to see that everytime there is a dog attack :(

--Lhok

No apology necessary! Just find it interesting that their first thoughts go to pitbull and are quite happy to run with it. Other articles often say breed unknown...

It appears that they are happy to take the first eyewitness that they come across and run with their version until they get the correct one!

I agree about poor Ayen, it must be horrible for her parents, you would think that the journalists would be a bit more respectful and not include full blown pictures of her and her family.

Our council rangers won't come out after four pm for a wandering dog unless it is an attack or the dog is injured. This is something that we should be looking at changing IMO. As well as a graduated fine for every time a dog is found to be wandering. Rather than singling out breeds.

Shame on the council who were told about a loose dog and did nothing. I reported two loose aggressive dogs wondering in my area and was told by the council that unless the dogs were contained they wouldn't do anything about it!!!!!

But if they were contained you wouldn't be calling up and complaining about dogs on the loose. :confused:

But if they were contained you wouldn't be calling up and complaining about dogs on the loose. :confused:

I was bailed up on my own property by the neighbour's aggressive dog. Fortunately I was able to get behind a gate. Rang council who did speak to the owner but asked if I could "take a picture next time" because they couldn't do much without evidence. Perhaps teeth marks might suffice :thumbsup:

I was bailed up on my own property by the neighbour's aggressive dog. Fortunately I was able to get behind a gate. Rang council who did speak to the owner but asked if I could "take a picture next time" because they couldn't do much without evidence. Perhaps teeth marks might suffice :thumbsup:

"Excuse me Mr Aggressive Dog, please hold that pose with your teeth out whilst I just take your picture. Then you may resume your attack, THANK YOU' :thumbsup:

Edited by minimiss

It is a real pity that the general public are uninformed about breeds of dog, poorly trained/contained dogs due to poor owners etc , the comments on the herald sun some of them are just shocking lumping everyone who owns a dog in the same boat

Im afraid its going to get worse for Victorians if this type of thing keeps happening :(

It is a real pity that the general public are uninformed about breeds of dog, poorly trained/contained dogs due to poor owners etc , the comments on the herald sun some of them are just shocking lumping everyone who owns a dog in the same boat

Im afraid its going to get worse for Victorians if this type of thing keeps happening :(

The way the herald sun has been breed bashing this year is disgusting. And im ashamed to be Victorian with all the ignorant comments on the Herald Sun site, although im sure they dont publish half of the one's criticising BSL. Interesting that the Moreton Bay Council story seemed to be a lot more balanced with the comments.

What's new, another Bull crossbreed attack, and people wonder why this type of dog is under the spotlight?

No crossbreeds are finely bred animals with years of bloodlines at hand for trait selection to produce a temperament balance to safely fit into the community, crap dogs bred by idiots unfortunately.

This gave me goosebumps:

Student alerted council to dangerous dog

Student Jess Bretherton said she took photos of the dog in her yard just an hour before the attack, and had alerted her father, who in turn called the local council.

Ms Bretherton took the picture that appears in this story and says she was shocked to hear about the attack.

But despite the warning the Year 11 student said no-one arrived until it was too late.

Police Superintendent Graham Kent, at the scene of the attack this afternoon, said council officers had informed him that animal control officers had arrived, but could not find the dog.

The teen said they had previously trapped the dog in their backyard and had council staff remove it.

Police at the scene confirmed the image supplied was the same dog.

"I called my dad just to say this dog is here again cos it's the second time this year that it's been here," Ms Bretherton said.

This attack was preventable!!! The council has a lot to answer for with, a) not impounding the dog earlier and, b) not monitoring the dog after it's previous impoundments.