Poo Patrol  

140 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you do it?

• Once a day
    • Once every few days
    • Once a week
    • Other

I don't at all!

I went around the other day as I had an open house and thought I had better do a poo removal. No poo to be found. Not sure were the poo goes. Maybe dung beetles? I rarely see poo on the grass.

Me Neither.Free range chooks. :eek::laugh:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew one pair of dogs where the older one always ate the younger one's crap. There was still a lot of crap though.

And I got a lady to pick up her BC's crap at the park this arvo. She wasn't paying any attention to her dog. And the crap was ENORMOUS - do a Great Dane proud. So I asked what she fed it: "Tinned Pal and Supercoat dry" erm. Nuff said. She thought those craps were normal for a BC.

So for my back yard - I can't stand crap on the lawn so I pick it up as soon as I see it, well I wait until the dog is finished. In the morning if I can't find the crap that should be there, I do a whole garden patrol - though sometimes I miss the ones in the jungle at the back for a few days, and sometimes she saves up for the park or beach or wherever we go in the morning for our walk.

And I pick up her craps, and any crap that happens to be where I walk at our ovals. I call the extra ones "Karma craps" ie if you don't pick them up - you walk in them. Very happy to have sprung that lady with the BC. If we leave craps like that too often on the oval - we lose the oval.

Interesting :) Didnt vote though.

I pick up a couple of times a week in the house yard (2 acres) each day close to the house though, this is more often with foster dogs/puppies. Traditionally fosters/ rescues will not leave my side and poo is easily picked up on the spot.

Is there not a difference with when or how often we pick up dog poo due to different circumstances? What sized yard we have? How many dogs we have? How they are housed (Kennels and supervision)or other. Commitments etc?

I dont think you can compare one from the other. Some of us are on properties, some in town houses, some in a suburban yard.

Some people have 1 dog others like me have multiple dogs on a property who live as part of our lives and our family.

Edited by Nic.B

Once a week, the night before bin day.

But they do the majority of their business while out on walks anyway, so there isn't much. And no-one really goes out in our backyard during the week - the dogs only go out to toilet and make sure there are no cats on the fence, the rest of the time they are inside.

We had a problem with the neighbors kids jumping our fence and using our yard as a shortcut... I used to collect the poop every day and deposit just under the fence.

They don't jump the fence any more and now I can do my daily clean-ups and put it in the bin.