Threatening Behaviour Outsise Dog Park

Double Lab Love

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SOrry for overkill but I am leaving work soon...

Have just done this - do you think it would be OK ?

On A4 paper

Please be aware that there is a local resident threatening to leave bait around due to excessive barking / noise..

This was told to park members early Sunday morning.

Please be vigilant in checking the grounds daily and keeping an eye on your dogsā€¦ this was not perceived as an idle threat.

RANGER HAS BEEN NOTIFIED.

RANGER AND POLICE HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED.

Just incase the offender sees this as a good thing...

Good point, RubyBlue. :thumbsup:

Also I'd suggest you show the flyer to the police when you report the matter to them. Just to double-check that you won't be innocently doing something wrong by putting it up. I don't know the law, so have no reason for saying that. But, speaking only for myself, I'd double-check.

The people who go to that dog park & their dogs are very fortunate that you're doing something about the matter. As someone else said, small children can equally be in danger from any baits laid.

I would have thought it was well within the law - you are not actually making an accusation against anybody specific but merely alerting people to an incident. Local resident could be anybody in the surrounding area.

Maybe I might go so far as to say if anybody else has witnessed similar could they please report it to council. You never know it might not just you that this fellow has had the same conversation with. Somebody else might have been told similar but not taken the proactive measure of reporting it.

Edited by ness

I would have thought it was well within the law - you are not actually making an accusation against anybody specific but merely alerting people to an incident. Local resident could be anybody in the surrounding area.

Which is of interest to the people living in the surrounding area.

As I said, I spoke only for myself, when I said I'd run the flyer past the police, when I'm there reporting the incident anyway.

I can't say if it's within or without any by-law or preferred procedure.

I have no doubt that the police will treat the matter seriously & will agree that some kind of warning is necessary to dog-park users.

The OP can make up her own mind. What is important, is that she's doing something about the potential for awful tragedy.

Edited by mita

It's good that you have notified Council however baiting is not something that is covered by them, it is a police matter. It is really important that you notify the police as well. In fact, if you were only going to notify one the police is the more important of the two, they are the ones that investigate these issues, not council.

Glad you decided to do up a flyer.

I doubt there would be any reason for the police to stop you from posting the flyer but as Mita said it is up to you whether you wish to run it past them or not.

I also think it is a good idea to add the bit about if someone else has received a similar threat to report to Council and Police.

Good on you for doing the right thing and trying to stop a possible tragedy.

SOrry for overkill but I am leaving work soon...

Have just done this - do you think it would be OK ?

On A4 paper

Please be aware that there is a local resident threatening to leave bait around due to excessive barking / noise..

This was told to park members early Sunday morning.

Please be vigilant in checking the grounds daily and keeping an eye on your dogsā€¦ this was not perceived as an idle threat.

RANGER HAS BEEN NOTIFIED.

RANGER AND POLICE HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED.

Just incase the offender sees this as a good thing...

I'll add:

RANGER AND POLICE HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED of the threat.

Guest lavendergirl

I think it is a good idea to put up the flyer as no doubt the person who made the threat will see it and realise that people who heard his threat have taken it seriously and it may deter him from any nasty action. Be aware though that he will most likely remove the flyer at the first opportunity. Hopefully he will make his complaint through more appropriate channels.

Hi all - thank you so much your suggestions and advice..

Police have now been notified of the threat and i am waiting to hear back from the ranger with regards to their feedback / actions on the matter.... how hard are those rangers to get hold of :(

Flyers have now been amended and will be distibuted asap... there were some great suggestions so

thank you all...

He might remove the flyers but i am hoping that if just a few people see them then word of mouth etc might alert most of the regulars to the threat..

I just hope that all bases have been covered and this idiot takes a deep breath and has a good think about the repercussions if he goes ahead with this gutless act...

Interestingly the police didn't comment at all on the flyers so i am thinking that they probabaly thought it was an OK thing to do....

Hi all - thank you so much your suggestions and advice..

Police have now been notified of the threat and i am waiting to hear back from the ranger with regards to their feedback / actions on the matter.... how hard are those rangers to get hold of :(

Flyers have now been amended and will be distibuted asap... there were some great suggestions so

thank you all...

He might remove the flyers but i am hoping that if just a few people see them then word of mouth etc might alert most of the regulars to the threat..

I just hope that all bases have been covered and this idiot takes a deep breath and has a good think about the repercussions if he goes ahead with this gutless act...

Interestingly the police didn't comment at all on the flyers so i am thinking that they probabaly thought it was an OK thing to do....

Maybe letter box the houses adjacent. Hopefully the jerk will receive one too and realise that the police have been involved :)

There's a facebook page for the park, not sure if its work posting on there as well..

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Penrith-Off-Leash-Dog-Park/104223403013391

I think this is a really good idea as well as the flyers. There are 21 people who like the page, that's 21 people who will possibly tell at least one other person, that's 42 people. And then more and more. Good idea.

I'm on the FB page. Do you want me to post about it?

Gretel - just logged on this morning and saw your response - I would LOVE you to post it... :thumbsup:

Reason being the ranger has just rang me and advised against the flyers as apprently she has said it would casue WW3 and more grief to dog owners/park members... apparently the complaints have been numerous from residents re the noise although she admitted none as viscious as this nutter...

She said word of mouth was fine but the flyers would cause alot of grief and potentially escalate things so please not to do that... :eek: I feel like I have stumbled into a minefield :mad

The ranger said that people could be warned verbally to be vigilant about checking the perimeters and keeping a close eye on their dogs....

All in all I am pretty disappointed in both the reactions / reponses of both the police and ranger - they have pretty much admittied that nothing can be done as it was just a "threat" which I might add I took VERY seriously - you just had the see the venom coming from this guy to see he meant it...

Watch the 360 from authorities if he goes ahead with it :mad

DLL, it's a shame you weren't able to get a photo of him....

I know I so wish I had of paid more atention to him and where he lived - I was a bit shell shocked to be honest at his hatred... and it was early on a Sunday - last thing you would expect coming your way...

Although his aggro face is forever etched in my memory - I would ID him in a line up that's for sure ;)

Let's hope it never comes to that...

actually I have to say I wouldn't be impressed with being woken up at 7 am by dogs barking and while I would never even threaten to bait someones dogs because of it I can sort of understand someone finally losing their cool. I live opposite a small park and if that suddenly got turned into a dog park I would be objecting very strongly. Not condoning this guy's threats in any way but I do have some sympathy for residents that live next to dog parks and have to put up with the noise from them.