Litters Due In February 2012

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful babies Shelbyville, poor Mum with those boobs, to help her though I would be putting warm damp flannels on them to relieve those lumps, also with only three puppies I would not be letting them use all the teats, as the puppies stimulate the production of milk, so I would be setting aside for their use, six teats, three for one meal and then next time the other side with three teats, that then gives the rest that are not needed time to dry up and lessens the worry for you. Definitely put the warm damp flannels on the boobs though, I just lay it on top of them, do not massage as it stimulates milk flow and we do not want to see mastitis set in.

Have been doing the warm washers, she has had a litter before and gets lumpy boobs even with a large litter, so have been doing what I normally do. The pups themselves seem to have a preference for a few nipples, so am letting them pick at this stage. I am sure in a few days it will settle down, I think her milk is just starting to come in!

Here are a few pictures of my little litter, pups 1 day old. Mum is doing a great job, but look at her boobies...huge, and a little lumpy, so will have to watch that. I can't believe how easy a little litter is! Mum can do it all and plenty of nipples to go around!

Awww! Congratulations on the new bubs, aren't they cute!

OMG SV!! Her boobs are huge!!! My girl is looking more and more modest :laugh:

Best of luck to Armahrni today - I think she's taking Emmi off to the vet for a check up :crossfingers: all is ok!

Hope all is well Armahrni. :crossfingers:

My girl was incredibly restless overnight last night.

20 hours to go.

Quite weird having a set time for this litter.

:crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: Hope it all goes well!

Mum took Ruby in for another ultrasound today and all good and on track!

hard to write.....

not good news here.

3 dead puppies. Mum will be ok.

:cry:

To say I am shattered would be an understatement.

Oh I'm so sorry jr_inoz :hug: dreadful news, I can only assume they were left too long?

I am glad to read that your girl is ok and in time, you will be too.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Just awful Jr_inoz. I am so very very sorry. :cry:

After a few back and forths to the vet (1 1/2 hours away!) we had three babies delivered by c-section today - two boys and one girl. We'd decided a while back if she passed her due date we'd err on the side of caution, and while I thought she was going to have them naturally last night, it just didn't happen.

So somewhat stressful, but not as bad as I feared, with Emmi taking to her pups immediately, and them feeding well - probably better than any of my previous litters. She is being a trifle obsessed with the cleaning through, so I'm having to watch that closely.