Dog Crates From Crazy Sales

Dxenion

Has anyone bought a collapsible folding wire crate from Crazy Sales? I am looking at the 48" and while the price is great, I'm wondering about the quality. I have emailed Crazy asking the diameter of the horizontal wire as another supplier is advertising theirs to be 4mm but they are $45 more expensive and I'm after two of them.

I have no complaints with our one that we brought a year ago. Good quality, very good price.

Has anyone bought a collapsible folding wire crate from Crazy Sales? I am looking at the 48" and while the price is great, I'm wondering about the quality. I have emailed Crazy asking the diameter of the horizontal wire as another supplier is advertising theirs to be 4mm but they are $45 more expensive and I'm after two of them.

I have just received a 42" crate that I ordered from Crazy Sales, I was disappointed with the quality,

it is quite flimsy. I have a smaller more expensive crate that is a much better quality. (not bought online).

I bought this crate from Vebo pets located in Belmore, NSW. On eBay they trade as Easypets. I had it freighted from Sydney to Adelaide, but i had seen it at the Sydney warehouse before i ordered it so i knew it was good quality. We also got one of their styles of crate covers, which after washing shrank a bit. I'm going to make my own crate cover that won't shrink.

This crates comes with two plastic trays.

Edited by suziwong66

Yep, got a Crazysales one and for the price I won't complain - keeps my Great Dane puppy confined when necessary and is serving its purpose nicely. Is it as high quality as the ones you may pay triple the price for? No, but it is $80 and I would certainly by another if I needed to. All in all, I am very happy. :)

Edited by kazads

I work there lol and I personally set up that crate for the photos to be taken... :D

Quality-wise it's decent, but I don't recommend you carrying it by the handles with the dog inside the crate... the handles if I remember right are plastic like vebo's so you run the risk of them coming off especially if your dog is heavy. (Then again it's common sense not to carry any crate around with a dog still inside it anyway...)

I would say it's decent quality if you just want to have it for home or carry it around to a few places like on holidays or something. If you find it breaks or anything within the warranty period just send it back and we'll replace it or refund you. Although I'd get something more durable if you would be constantly taking it with you on multiple shows, trials, heavy duty stuff etc. Hope that helps!

I bought a crate with wheels and double side doors from Crazy sales for my Cattle Dog pup and was not happy with the 'quality' of it. The concept of the crate is brilliant, but it arrived damaged while still in the box. It has very flimsy, thin wire IMHO and the door latches were easy for her to open herself, so had to cable tie one of them shut and secure the other. When the doors were open the pin that closes the door stuck out in a dangerous manner at dog eye level. Might be OK for a small, elderly or sedate canine. I complained to CS and they said they couldn't replace the broken/missing parts, but the did refund me some crazy $. Maybe their 'standard' style crates are better.

S

I bought a crate with wheels and double side doors from Crazy sales for my Cattle Dog pup and was not happy with the 'quality' of it. The concept of the crate is brilliant, but it arrived damaged while still in the box. It has very flimsy, thin wire IMHO and the door latches were easy for her to open herself, so had to cable tie one of them shut and secure the other. When the doors were open the pin that closes the door stuck out in a dangerous manner at dog eye level. Might be OK for a small, elderly or sedate canine. I complained to CS and they said they couldn't replace the broken/missing parts, but the did refund me some crazy $. Maybe their 'standard' style crates are better.

Oh, I think I know which one you are talking about, LOL. Ngl, those are pretty flimsy. (I'm actually surprised they didn't offer you a replacement! Normally we do offer that it it's damaged upon arrival).

The ones Dxenion are talking about are from a different supplier though, and the wires are thicker / more sturdy. It's also a different style of door latch so it shouldn't have that pin sticking out problem. Although I reckon a determined enough escape artist pup would be able to learn how to undo the latch and let themself out! :rofl:

wow that is cheap, I got mine for $89 on ebay..

SC, they may have offered a replacement, I can't remember, but it would have been a pain in the neck to send it back and I'd rather have the points to put towards something else. I have a JRT in it at the moment, but when I get him a new abode I will give this one to my Mum who has two Chi's. It should hold them OK. :)

I have emailed Crazy asking the diameter of the horizontal wire as another supplier is advertising theirs to be 4mm.

I just received a reply stating that they can't tell me the diameter of the horizontal wire (should be with 2, 3 or 4mm). Strange, given that they have at least one crate for a photo shoot (great setup Silentchild!).

Edited by Dxenion

Sometimes they have similar on www.dealsdirect.com.au for same price or less.

They are more solid. I got some for $60.

I would get the ones with the 4 pole things in each corner that you can take out to dismantle. You can then join up 2 or 3 crates to make a nice long crate for them if you need to. I do this for my pups when they are tiny & for kittens.

I've bought from both Crazy Sales and Vebo and found Vebo better quality.. Like the other poster the handles broke almost straight away but other than that I am using them for my business and they are doing well.

I just received a reply stating that they can't tell me the diameter of the horizontal wire (should be with 2, 3 or 4mm). Strange, given that they have at least one crate for a photo shoot (great setup Silentchild!).

Well to be fair that photoshoot was taken a long time ago, so the crate would've been packed up and shipped off to the warehouse by now. :D If you really did want to know the diameter, I'll see if I have time during my lunch break to traipse out to the warehouse to try and find it for you.

EDIT : I just had to go out there anyway to do something else so I took a look... the wire diameter is 3mm but the thicker wire that forms the frame of the crate is 4mm. (if my crappy measuring skills are to be trusted! :rofl: )

Edited by silentchild