Pedigree Papers (incorrect)

Talien

just searched on the Prefix search website and "Artemis" is registered to a Hungarian Viszla kennel, which means it wouldn't be able to be in your pedigree name (you cant have other prefixes in the pedigree name). In saying that it still could have been "Gift of Arte" but you will never get Artemis through.

Are you sure? Benson's prefix was Hevnsent, and there are heaps of dogs with "heaven sent" or some variation as their registered name.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will look at the form as soon as I get home! I didn't know about any of this!

Thankyou for your help guys I will put more updates as soon as I get home and look at arty's book (has his papers etc in it).

Not happy. :mad:cry:

So many things have made me feel unsafe about all of this lately. Just really on edge, changes in dates and names and parents of the puppy and all manner of things that just leave me feeling excessively uneasy. Arty has been checked for health issues, and there were none that the vet could see.

He is microchipped to ME and as of the 21st will be registered locally to me too. Will the Pedigree forms need to be in my name to have him successfully registered locally?

ETA:

The kennel prefix is only seven characters, but I'm loathe to post it on here. This is probably just the freakings out of an ill-educated first time pedigree owner (as I am wont to do!) and I don't want it to reflect badly on the breeder. She has been very nice and for the most part helpful, just discovering a few things here and there that don't add up. Normally I'd just ask her, but I am so afraid of offending her that I want to know everything before I dig myself a hole so to speak...

The fact that Artemis is already taken would explain a lot, thankyou for checking for me (so much!) can you have variations though? Like do you think that I could get away with Artemas? Or probably not going to happen?

And no, he is not going to be shown (at this point, that may change in the future). I just want to keep my options open so to speak and though he ARTE so cute (get it :rofl: ), I really would prefer Artemas as it is his name.

Edited by Talien

I will look at the form as soon as I get home! I didn't know about any of this!

Thankyou for your help guys I will put more updates as soon as I get home and look at arty's book (has his papers etc in it).

Not happy. :mad:cry:

So many things have made me feel unsafe about all of this lately. Just really on edge, changes in dates and names and parents of the puppy and all manner of things that just leave me feeling excessively uneasy. Arty has been checked for health issues, and there were none that the vet could see.

He is microchipped to ME and as of the 21st will be registered locally to me too. Will the Pedigree forms need to be in my name to have him successfully registered locally?

No, Atleast in NSW, ownership goes by the council as in local shire council registration... not Canine Council rego..... but I'd be getting the papers in your name nonetheless.

You can't use 'of' in the name but they usually just change it to 'ov' and don't worry about it - but the Artemis bit would've probably got it refused if it's a kennel name as someone else has mentioned.

No you don't need his ANKC papers to register him with the council.

Only the breeder can change or register a name. Honestly - does it really matter??? Maybe there is some emotional attachment to the name you wanted in which case certainly discuss alternatives with the breeder, but otherwise why stress yourself out? There will almost certainly be a fee involved in changing the name of a registered dog except if it's a straight typing mistake/spelling error. I had a bitch that I named Itza Kinda Magic. HER name came back Heza Kinda Magic. That was changed at no charge :laugh:

Edited by Sandra777

6.1.3 No word that is in the nature of a known prefix or deceptively similar to a

known prefix and no prefix except the breeders registered prefix may be used

in a dog’s name.

It is the responsibility of the complainant to lodge an objection that a name

conflicts with this regulation and it is further understood that it is not the

responsibility of the processing office to recognise issues prior to lodgement

of an objection.

Regs on naming pups ,the name would have been refused due to being a prefix

just searched on the Prefix search website and "Artemis" is registered to a Hungarian Viszla kennel, which means it wouldn't be able to be in your pedigree name (you cant have other prefixes in the pedigree name). In saying that it still could have been "Gift of Arte" but you will never get Artemis through.

Are you sure? Benson's prefix was Hevnsent, and there are heaps of dogs with "heaven sent" or some variation as their registered name.

You can play with the spelling and run words together to get some names through, so long as it is in a different breed and no one objects that it is too similar to their name. For example in this case Gift Ovartemis might be accepted whereas the actual word Artemis will not. It looks better with the "v" than an "f" in this case.

Ah fantastic! You guys are awesome, where did you get that bit from Showdog? I had a very hard time navigating ANKC... >.<

So not a chance for Artemas even then, kewl, as long as there was no other option then I can live with his name as is, after all, his microchip and name tag say Artemas, and I can make a lot of puns out of "Arte". Tehehehe

I will definately check the forms for the name change tonight though. If they haven't been filled out by the breeder then I am heading down that way this weekend. So I will get her to sign them then as long as she is home and available.

Ah fantastic! You guys are awesome, where did you get that bit from Showdog? I had a very hard time navigating ANKC... >.<

So not a chance for Artemas even then, kewl, as long as there was no other option then I can live with his name as is, after all, his microchip and name tag say Artemas, and I can make a lot of puns out of "Arte". Tehehehe

I will definately check the forms for the name change tonight though. If they haven't been filled out by the breeder then I am heading down that way this weekend. So I will get her to sign them then as long as she is home and available.

I understand its important to you but his pet name doesn't need to be related to his pedigree name at all

i have *prefix* total nv toall (pet name Chandra)

*prefix* dare t dream (pet name Kelari)

the other one's name is in his pedigree *prefix* takin chances (pet name Chance)

hope you get it sorted though :)

One of the lovely things about having a pedigree dog is the registered name, so I know where you are coming from :) My girl won't ever be shown, but her rego name is important to me. There's nothing wrong with that. It's nice when a breeder lets you have input, but it's not always the case, and that's ok too. My girl's breeder surprised us by using the name we had picked out for her as her 'every day' name as part of her rego name and we love it.

Hope you get it sorted out!

Hiya,

Just wondering how one goes about having a dogs pedigree name changed on a form?

The form states Arty's name incorrectly and I just want to have it altered. Is this even possible?

I am aware that I have to go through my breeder to have the limited register papers altered in any way but I want to get all my information straight before I go to her with this...

A little worried.

ETA:

The kennel prefix is only seven characters, but I'm loathe to post it on here. This is probably just the freakings out of an ill-educated first time pedigree owner (as I am wont to do!) and I don't want it to reflect badly on the breeder. She has been very nice and for the most part helpful, just discovering a few things here and there that don't add up. Normally I'd just ask her, but I am so afraid of offending her that I want to know everything before I dig myself a hole so to speak...

The fact that Artemis is already taken would explain a lot, thankyou for checking for me (so much!) can you have variations though? Like do you think that I could get away with Artemas? Or probably not going to happen?

And no, he is not going to be shown (at this point, that may change in the future). I just want to keep my options open so to speak and though he ARTE so cute (get it :rofl: ), I really would prefer Artemas as it is his name.

You do realise he cannot be shown on limited register papers?

You can have "of" in a name. Isaak is Twist of Fate, his sister is Twist of Summer. And it's definitely not "ov" because I chose his name and I didn't want "ov" and said if he couldn't be Twist Of Fate, he could be "Double Twist".

Edited by Gayle.

:confused: they changed the parents names :confused:

It took 3 attempts for my dogs papers to correct despite the fact that the import certificate was correct. I have also returned his papers several times for correction after titles gained. These day I pick them up and just hand them back if wrong .

ETA at one stage they had a dog as his grandfather who was younger than his father.

Edited by Janba

I thought breeders had to do the change of ownership.

My dogs have come from SA, WA and NSW to Vic and in all cases, the back of the pedigree was signed and I simply signed it and sent it off with a cheque to change the ownership.

You can have "of" in a name. Isaak is Twist of Fate, his sister is Twist of Summer. And it's definitely not "ov" because I chose his name and I didn't want "ov" and said if he couldn't be Twist Of Fate, he could be "Double Twist".

Perhaps it was in the past, but it is definitely not allowed now (in QLD at least, but I'm pretty sure all states are the same).