Updated! Perth Dolers Beach Meet!

SparkyTansy

14 members have voted

1. 1. What date in January works for you?

• Sunday 1st January
    • Saturday 7th January
    • Sunday 8th January
    • Saturday 14th January
    • Sunday 15th January
    • Saturday 21st January
    • Sunday 22nd January
    • Saturday 28th January
    • Sunday 29th January
    • None of the Above
    • I won't be attending regardless of date
    • All of the above suit me
  2. 2. Location - What is your beach preference?

• Hillary's
    • Leighton Beach
    • South Beach
    • Kwinana Beach
    • Other - Please detail
    • i won't be attending
  3. 3. Time of day

• Early morning - 9am at the latest
    • Mid Morning - 10.30am at the latest
    • Midday
    • Mid afternoon - 2pm start
    • Late afternoon - 4-5pm start
    • None of the above - expand
    • I won't be attending

So we've been toying with the idea of a beach meet for a while...

What are everyones thoughts on a beach meet in January? I attached a Poll for fun, but feel free to discuss in the main body so we can eventually come up with a time/date that suits at least the majority.

Feel free to send the meet link to anyone that doesn't visit the WA thread.

I haven't done a Poll in a while so hopefully I've remembered all the options!!

FOR ANYONE WHO HASN'T READ THE WHOLE OF THIS THREAD, THE BEACH MEET IS TAKING PLACE ON SUNDAY 8TH JANUARY AT 8.30AM

KWINANA DOG BEACH

MEETING 8.30AM AT CARPARK NEAR GOVERNOR ROAD, OFF ROCKINGHAM BEACH ROAD.

MORE DETAILS POST #64 ON PAGE 5 OF THIS THREAD

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!!

Edited by SparkyTansy

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could only come if it were held before mid Jan as the OH goes back to work then and I'll be without transport. I don't know any of the beaches listed but a southern beach with close parking and access with a minimal slope would be preferable. Although it's a bit of a hike, Lancelin has wide flat beaches with vehicle access and we'd be happy to travel that far. If there was a beach closer to Perth with vehicle access, that would be ideal for our situation.

If you don't want "packed" but still a beach, then Kwinana beach is fantastic. It is very easy parking, and very flat but fairly close to the parking. In terms of the water, early morning on a warm day with low wind is best - minimal breeze and a large shallow area before it gets deep makes it safe and calm for the little dogs.

Agreed, ST. Morning on a day with little to no wind, and of course warm so humans can go in, too laugh.gif If the water isn't calm and flat I get scared to let the dogs in, let alone myself! Flat, clear water I feel a bit easier about. I found Kwinana beach wasn't very busy (Hillary's is waaaaaaaay too busy, though it IS a nice beach!) I did have a Jack Russell problem dog at Kwinana and his owner was a twat, but that was just one incident so I am comfortable to go there again and it is probably the best bet for the littlies and dogs that don't do so well with a big crowd of dogs.

I take my dogs to Kwinana a few times each Summer and can always find decent space and have never had a problem with dogs there (touch wood) even when I had a naughty puppy that ran off to the nearest dog...

I'm fine pretty much every day except the first but will come dogless anyway if I come. There is an agility trial on the 28th

why dogless AP? Lulu wants to meet Trixie :)

I'll only be bringing Lulu - she's a social monkey and i dont have to worry too much about her. Ari is too protective and James is a pee monster with selective hearing. Spartan is antisocial!

I've only ever had a couple of issues at Kwinana - the last one was when lulu was a small puppy, and she ran up to a couple walking on the beach and the guy yelled at me to get her away from them and then proceeded to try and kick her :mad

Tiggy I'm sure Bear will be fine? if he's good with other dogs you should come.

Edited by SparkyTansy