52 Week Photo Challenge 2012

~*Shell*~

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please dont leave Flaves!!! We are all learning and all at various levels in that learning, lets face it you never stop learning! Im lovin the all the pics you are posting (just look at the last smoochable quality pics)Part of the magic here is watching all of us grow n change with our photos!

Flaves, I can only echo what everyone else has said. Please stay! I am, by no stretch of the imagination, an ordinary photographer. I'm just learning! I look at the amazing shots taken by this group and think "Wow"! I'm inspired by the creativity of this group, and I can only hope a little bit of it rubs off on me.

Like MTD said, the diversity of the subjects, the different points of view and the imagination makes this thread so much fun to be in.

Annnddd... if you don't stay, how will I get to see photos of that adorable baby? Honestly, those ears are beyond cute. :love:

Flaves, keep going - I also often look at the other pics here and feel totally outclassed. BUT - making myself post a pic a week makes me strive a little more for an image I'm happy with. Looking at the other images makes me think about what I like about them and how they've been made, and maybe some of the creativity will, as Kuma said, rub off on me too.

It's a pretty supportive environment to practice in, and that's a rare find these days.

OMG Flaves, that is just adorable!! See, it's the ears. They're amazing. :laugh:

Anyhoo, I'm going to cheat a little and do a week 7(a) coz this was delivered to me today:

6868477077_87a8a80343.jpg

07a/52 - Upgrade! by KumaAkita, on Flickr

:happydance::party::cooldance::happydance2::dancingelephant::thumbsup:

A brand spanking new camera, to go in my very lovely Porteen Gear bag (swoon). I'm loving it so much already, and I've only just started fiddlin'

Because I am a clean skin to photography, I had no allegiances and the Nikon just felt better in my hand. Gotta say, I am thoroughly in love. I've had a bit of a play with the 50mm lens too and will have a look at the pics later, Mr KumaAkita is hogging the Mac! So much better than my old camera and a bajillion times nicer than my iPhone :rofl:

And thanks Huga! I'm enjoying the Darkside mwahhh ahhahahah :D

Edited by KumaAkita

Wow, loving this thread. So many awesome photos. Hope to have time to come back and comment soon, but just have to say so glad you're sticking with it Flaves and your last photo is a real corker - what a great capture!

I kind of lost a good portion of my weekend (and I'll think you'll guess why from my week 6 offering) so running late with everything!

6868709531_bf7cfcff15.jpg

6/52 by Bookend Wrangler, on Flickr

PS: Go Nikons!!!

Because I am a clean skin to photography, I had no allegiances and the Nikon just felt better in my hand. Gotta say, I am thoroughly in love. I've had a bit of a play with the 50mm lens too and will have a look at the pics later, Mr KumaAkita is hogging the Mac! So much better than my old camera and a bajillion times nicer than my iPhone :rofl:

And thanks Huga! I'm enjoying the Darkside mwahhh ahhahahah :D

I started out with Nikon for the same reason. I actually learnt on a Pentax and the dials are similar, so Nikon was the natural choice.

My family were devout Canon users and were horrified when I bought my Nikon D80 :laugh: . Can't wait to get the D7000 next month :D

My sister is a Canon. She offered to loan me her kit for a while "just to save me money and make sure I like photography before jumping in". Shyeah, right. She wanted to convert me! :laugh:

I am super jealous of your D7000! I decided that starting at a D5100 would be just fine. I can always upgrade (again!)

You know you're hooked when you pack your camera to take to work for the day, when you're mostly going to be deskbound :D

Grats on the new camera!

I'm a Canon person, I don't think I even tried the Nikons. Someone recommended a model for me and it was a Canon, so I went with the next model above it.

I take my camera to work with me, otherwise 99.9% of my photos would be of stuff I have at home. It's nice to be able to throw in the occasional shot from somewhere else! Most days it doesn't leave my desk though.