Dogs Victoria Amenities Show - Vic

SwaY

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The gazette doesn't specifically mention anything about cancellation situation for these shows, it could easily start at 7 or 7:30, i guess we will find out on Saturday :)

I've shown last year in similar weather, there was plenty of scratchings but we only lived 10 minutes away from KCC, and last year, 2 shows I entered was cancelled due to flooding.

Unless we hear something from the source, we can just assume its still on lol

The gazette doesn't specifically mention anything about cancellation situation for these shows, it could easily start at 7 or 7:30, i guess we will find out on Saturday :)

I've shown last year in similar weather, there was plenty of scratchings but we only lived 10 minutes away from KCC, and last year, 2 shows I entered was cancelled due to flooding.

yes the gazette does mention it ... in the schedule it states;

"If extreme weather is forecast on the day of the show, please go to www.dogsvictoria.org.au to check

on the status of the show on the Friday prior to the running of the show. No refunds will be issued

in the event of a cancellation."

yes the gazette does mention it ... in the schedule it states;

"If extreme weather is forecast on the day of the show, please go to www.dogsvictoria.org.au to check

on the status of the show on the Friday prior to the running of the show. No refunds will be issued

in the event of a cancellation."

Yup, sorry should be clear,

With some shows in the gazette, some says will be cancelled if it's more than 38 degrees, or starts at 7:30 or very specific, something clear and straight forward, the information provided for the New Years Eve show, it doesn't give any other information other than point to Dogs Victoria website.

I hope that makes sense :-)

Edited by Tambaqui

just posted ......

DOGS Victoria Amenities Show Monday 2 January 2012 - Due to extreme weather forecast Pekingese, Pugs, Tibetan Spaniels and Yorkshire Terriers will be judged at the conclusion of group five by Mr P Bennett (SA) in the group seven ring (indoors)

:confused: I would have thought this show would have been cancelled with the forecast temperature, and as of this morning we now we have a revised temperature of 40. :confused:

Edited to add - I see that some breeds are to be judged inside, but there are a number of other breeds that are easily heat effected and they haven't been given special consideration. :confused:

Oh well, I would of hoped that due to the conditions, that common sense would have prevailed! :shrug::mad

Edited by Stolzseinrotts

I'm surprised it isn't going to be cancelled with a forecast of 40 - I thought that was the intention of the changes? Oh well - 40 degrees would knock me out of the running :laugh:

OMG ... 40 !!! no way am I venturing out tomorrow if that's the forecast (even though my breed is on early).

:confused: I would have thought this show would have been cancelled with the forecast temperature, and as of this morning we now we have a revised temperature of 40. :confused:

Edited to add - I see that some breeds are to be judged inside, but there are a number of other breeds that are easily heat effected and they haven't been given special consideration. :confused:

Oh well, I would of hoped that due to the conditions, that common sense would have prevailed! :shrug::mad

Soltz the reason that it mentions inside is because Group 7 and 1 are already inside as there is not enough space on the grasses area for 7 rings. Twilight shows always have 2 inside.

BB this show is NOT the twilight show, I get the twilight show is cooler because of no sun, however travelling to the show and set up is sometimes in the hot part of the day.

This is the one for Monday starting at 9am with a predicted temperature of 40 degrees. I still stand by my statement, whether it has a temp predicted to be 38 or 40 IMHO it is still too hot for dog showing or anythig else IMO. And I still believe it should be cancelled. To show inside would be like a sauna in there as the building holds the heat at the best of times in summer, after it has been roasted yesterday, and again today it will be hot in there and the air will be thick!

But then you will always have those that have to show regardless of what the high temperature is going to be....... :shrug:

I am entered for the show on Monday, I will not be attending, common sense tells me to stay home regardless of whether the show goes on or not, my safety and those of my dogs is paramount. As I have a background in OH&S it is clear to me for everybody's sake what needs to be done.

How I see it - Maybe it will take an unfortunate accident / incident to happen before common sense will prevail and concrete policies are to be put in place and to be implemented ...but that is my opinion and one I see from the OH&S side and the duty of care side for all of the committee, judges, stewards and exhibitors etc .......we live in a very litigious world.

BB this show is NOT the twilight show, I get the twilight show is cooler because of no sun, however travelling to the show and set up is sometimes in the hot part of the day.

This is the one for Monday starting at 9am with a predicted temperature of 40 degrees. I still stand by my statement, whether it has a temp predicted to be 38 or 40 IMHO it is still too hot for dog showing or anythig else IMO. And I still believe it should be cancelled. To show inside would be like a sauna in there as the building holds the heat at the best of times in summer, after it has been roasted yesterday, and again today it will be hot in there and the air will be thick!

But then you will always have those that have to show regardless of what the high temperature is going to be....... :shrug:

I am entered for the show on Monday, I will not be attending, common sense tells me to stay home regardless of whether the show goes on or not, my safety and those of my dogs is paramount. As I have a background in OH&S it is clear to me for everybody's sake what needs to be done.

How I see it - Maybe it will take an unfortunate accident / incident to happen before common sense will prevail and concrete policies are to be put in place and to be implemented ...but that is my opinion and one I see from the OH&S side and the duty of care side for all of the committee, judges, stewards and exhibitors etc .......we live in a very litigious world.

I agree Stolz from memory Black Saturday's "Classic Show" was predicted to be 38 degree and was cancelled. 40 degrees is just asking for trouble. I've seen Arabian Horses who are well conditioned to being out in the heat faint at shows due to heat stress! It's not just for the sake of the dogs but competitors as well, there is also a percentage of ...how do I say this nicely?? older and in some cases somewhat overweight exhibitors.

Links to weather in Skye/ KCC Park

http://www.willyweather.com.au/vic/melbourne/skye.html

http://www.weatherchannel.com.au/australian-forecasts/vic/central/skye

http://www.eldersweather.com.au/vic/melbourne/skye

http://www.meteorology.com.au/local-forecast/vic/skye

Some weather stations have Skye listed as being in Cranbourne or Frankston.

I am all for KCC Park purchasing a weather station that we can view online to get up to date temperature updates.

It is to crowed for all groups to be outside under the light area, and I dare say people would crack it if they were told for the 3rd show they all had to move to the front grounds - regardless of what the weather temp was going to be.

Perhaps shows from Dec - March should be scheduled early or later due to the heat.

Or perhaps they will raise enough money and we can get lights at the front of KCC and have all twilight shows from Dec-March.

I was told it would cost $130,000 for lights out the front and that 17 clubs were asked if there was lights would they have twilight shows - apparently 3 clubs replied saying yes they would consider it.

Links to weather in Skye/ KCC Park

http://www.willyweather.com.au/vic/melbourne/skye.html

http://www.weatherchannel.com.au/australian-forecasts/vic/central/skye

http://www.eldersweather.com.au/vic/melbourne/skye

http://www.meteorology.com.au/local-forecast/vic/skye

Some weather stations have Skye listed as being in Cranbourne or Frankston.

I am all for KCC Park purchasing a weather station that we can view online to get up to date temperature updates.

and all the above say 39c for tomorrow ... I'll be at home :)

good idea re weather station :)