2012 Brags Thread

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brag for the long weekend is that on Saturday night, Ava got her first Rally Advanced pass, scoring 98 and getting 1st place. She was on fire!

Then tonight she managed a Novice Gamblers Q (just a gamblers trial so only got one run for the night which is always a bit hit and miss). It was really messy, we only just made the points and just made the time for the gamble but it was still a Q :laugh:

We were overseas for most of February so not much training has been done, I'm very proud of her!

Just realised I didn't put my teensy tiny brag in here.

Ruby debuted in Excellent Agility at the Western Classic, and not only got a Q, but came first in her 500 height class :) (ie. was the only 500 dog to qualify :o) Millie just messed up her weave entry (again), but then weaved nicely once I sent her back in.

Just realised I didn't put my teensy tiny brag in here.

Ruby debuted in Excellent Agility at the Western Classic, and not only got a Q, but came first in her 500 height class :) (ie. was the only 500 dog to qualify :o) Millie just messed up her weave entry (again), but then weaved nicely once I sent her back in.

Teensy? It's huge!

Now off to training you go....

Thanks :) Well the brag portion of it is she is my dogwalk/seesaw phobic girl. Managed to get her over the dogwalk after the big scary weesaw. It is going to be a constant struggle with this as she keeps questioning herself on the dogwalk upramp :(

Nah, wagging tonight :o I take it you're wagging, too? :laugh:

Last weekend at the Western Classic the occasionally clever one had one terrific night, one good night and one OMG he passed night, and came away winning the Val Meyn trophy for the most versatile obedience and agility dog. Not a bad way to hang up his agility shoes thumbsup1.gif

post-20489-0-31978300-1331555620_thumb.jpg

My girl CYNDER earned her Gambler Dog Title on the weekend :D our first agility title :)

Well done! :cheer:

Congratulations Toujour! :thumbsup: What breed is Cynder? (love the name by the way)

Thanks :D Cynder is my first agility dog - she blows me away at her drive and effort - but we are still pretty novice and learning :) we have only been to a handful of trials and she scored a 3 out of 3 for the gamblers

Cynder is a Belgian Shepherd Tervueren (named after a dragon)

i wont drown this page in pictures - but if anyone wants to see some of her trailing they are HERE

Ashwyn had one of those dream runs in Open Jumping getting his JDO title & coming 1st Gabby came 2nd, always a fun rivalry between the twins, never know who will win when they pass, it was his turn at Gawler Sat Night :D

Ashwyn did it in 23.55s the SCT was 39s

Enjoy the video, as you can see he lets everyone knows he enjoys it :thumbsup:

Congrats on those agility results - well done!

Couldn't resist coming in here for a little brag on my feral BC kids Rory and Kirra, who made the weekend ferry trip over to the mainland worthwhile by getting passes in Starters Freestyle and HTM at our first DWD comp - Miss Kirra even somehow got a second place in HTM (she's the one who doesn't 'do' obedience :rofl: ). Luckily the jusdges were obviously rewarding enthusiasm and enjoyment - the ferals had plenty of that - precision - not so much :rofl: . We had a great day - thanks so much to Ballaarat Dog Obedience Club for putting the comp on - a leap of faith for them - first obedience club in Vic to run a comp - I do hope they think it was worth while. The competitors certainly appreciated it. :D

Nice photos Toujour :)

Great run Opalgal! Love those twins :D

Well done with the DWD Tassie! Long trek for a trial, good result though.

Well we had our first ANKC agility trial this year after what felt like an eternity of time off due to injury then KC! Training on Tuesday was a complete mess so I certainly wasn't feeling confident going in, even though we did have a good weekend at ADAA last week, sure enough first up was Novice Agility, last pass jitters again? Was a complete mess :rofl: Didn't help that the first obstacle was weavers! Then we had our second ever go at JDX and Trixie got a pass :thumbsup: Video

Then we had our first ever go at Open Jumping and it was brilliant, but I was so concerned with pushing her out for the distance that I pushed her a bit too far and she ran wide around a jump, who would've thought, but I was so pleased with her :D