2012 Brags Thread

A little brag for my Rogan who managed 1st places in JDM & SPDM and 2nd places in ADM, GDM & JDO (each class all heights) at the Canberra Royal agility trials this past weekend :thumbsup: In true Canberra Royal tradition it was HOT with the only Summer we've really had this year arriving on the weekend!! Rogan coped better than I did ;) The entries weren't large, but I'm particularly pleased as this is the first test of a big weekend of trials since Rogan was very unwell late last year when he could barely walk let alone run and jump. Oh yes, and Polo was an idiot as usual :o

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My massive brag is my little girl Jovi is now a NATIONAL CHAMPION in flyball!!!!!!

Words can't really express how proud I am of her at the moment, it's only really just hit me that 'her' team won the Nationals!

She is only a baby at 18 months old and this was her third comp, we had a bit of a hiccup in the morning on Saturday as she crossed twice so was red carded! She had never done that before so it shocked me and threw me out of whack! I think because I was nervous and she is being a little precious at the moment as she is due in season at the moment.

She got back into it though and ran flawlessly for the rest of the two days.

She is only a little girl but she has a massive future, and I can't wait to see what she achieves next!

A little brag for my Rogan who managed 1st places in JDM & SPDM and 2nd places in ADM, GDM & JDO (each class all heights) at the Canberra Royal agility trials this past weekend :thumbsup: In true Canberra Royal tradition it was HOT with the only Summer we've really had this year arriving on the weekend!! Rogan coped better than I did ;) The entries weren't large, but I'm particularly pleased as this is the first test of a big weekend of trials since Rogan was very unwell late last year when he could barely walk let alone run and jump. Oh yes, and Polo was an idiot as usual :o

Congratulations FHRP on your wins and seconds :thumbsup:

Also Tollersowned congratulations on Jovi being a National Champion on her 3rd competition what a buzz!! :thumbsup:

Brookie has his mojo back!!! After a pretty ordinary start to the Western Classic on Thursday he pulled it together last night and he worked his little socks off:-) Lovely, happy enthusiastic work!!! Win in Open 196, 2nd in UD 190 and a pearler of a UDX round with just one hiccup costing us a 198 quallie. He sat on my return after Distance Control but otherwise an awesome round and 1st place nq.

I've finally come down to Earth after our Western Classic last weekend...2 days of Obedience and 3 days of Agility.

Snazz and I competed all 5 days and while no passes in Obedience, his attitude out in the ring was dynamite :thumbsup:

On the Agility night he won ADO overall, JDO overall and JDM 500.

The next night he won SDX 500 and the following night he ran clear in Teams Jumping and 1 fault in Teams Agility.

Our weekend was 9 runs for 6 clears :thumbsup:

Enjoy...I certainly did :D

I've finally come down to Earth after our Western Classic last weekend...2 days of Obedience and 3 days of Agility.

Snazz and I competed all 5 days and while no passes in Obedience, his attitude out in the ring was dynamite :thumbsup:

On the Agility night he won ADO overall, JDO overall and JDM 500.

The next night he won SDX 500 and the following night he ran clear in Teams Jumping and 1 fault in Teams Agility.

Our weekend was 9 runs for 6 clears :thumbsup:

Enjoy...I certainly did :D

I could watch this over and over and over...........

Terrific runs and terrific handling - poetry in motion mate thumbsup1.gif

WOOOOOO!!! feels good to be able to post in here

first brag is Denver JDM :D Im so proud of him he's my first masters titled dog big thing for me.. Jock got too old before we could gain his :(

we also managed a very awesome excellent gamblers pass and 1st place all height.. Ive never known him to move so fast lol we had a 2 strided aframe in the gamble.. I was stoked all round as we never place high in games

Ella had her first trial too :) she had a great time.. her first JD run was NQ and 1st place in the 300s as she stepped on the borad jump but she had never seen one before but she was so fast and had a great time :D her gamblers run was just an exposure session to equipment and we had fun she did a great aframe and had fun on a full sized dog walk for the first time..but she was just so happy and enthusiastic and nothing phased her!

Our final JD round we had some practice on a practice broad jump and she flew round the tyre threw her off as it wasnt set straigh on so she ran around it but she cleared the broad and zoomed round following ques and calls so Im beyond thrilled with her!! hoping to see some big things from her!!

and a non-sporting related brag our little Lakeland Girl got 2 x Baby in groups this weekend too :D Busy weekend from the Smisch & Darkrai household

Ella had her first trial too :) she had a great time.. her first JD run was NQ and 1st place in the 300s as she stepped on the borad jump but she had never seen one before but she was so fast and had a great time :D her gamblers run was just an exposure session to equipment and we had fun she did a great aframe and had fun on a full sized dog walk for the first time..but she was just so happy and enthusiastic and nothing phased her!

First off congrats on your JDM with Denver! Awesome result!!

I am curious though, why did you enter Ella in her first trial when she has never done a broad or full sized dog walk? Just curious :)

Congrats again though :D

First off congrats on your JDM with Denver! Awesome result!!

I am curious though, why did you enter Ella in her first trial when she has never done a broad or full sized dog walk? Just curious :)

Congrats again though :D

We dont have access to them. There are 3 clubs around here one who you need to do obedience to do their agility one which we attend that has a small amount of equipment (jumps, tunnels and weaves) its a social class which we really enjoy and another which is 45min away and trains on a night that I cant make it :(

We've got an a-frame and a see-saw here both of which she has had alot of exposure and training on to and we also have a plank which I have taught her some stuff on but nothing too exciting.. Hoping to build a broad jump once I have the time and tools lol.. I havent focused too much on contacts just the concept of actually being on them.. she gives a nice a-frame and the see-saw is about 75% I havent trained them excessively yet as shes still young and I want to keep it fun.. no drills or anything we will be getting a little more intensive in the nationals lead up.

This trial was more for me to see where we needed to go and if she was able to focus outside of training and home as shes only ever been in a show ring.. I knew she was able to pull off a short course like novice jumping as she does it at training and home.. basically going down a similar route to Denver who started trialling in jumping only and once I was settled with his contacts and weaves then entered him in agility.. it seemed to pay off..