2012 Brags Thread

Ziggy ran so well yesterday but I did my absolute best to deny us any pass cards :hitself: :laugh: An awful series of ring clashes that saw me walking and running courses one after the other didn't help either. At one point I drew breath long enough to see every ring set up for 600mm dogs and we were due to run in all of them! We bolted from Masters Jumping to the Open Jumping ring and, with no opportunity to walk the course, had to ask the amused onlookers what the distance challenge was when I was at the start line. As I lead out I had the chance to locate the first 6 jumps but that was it. So we ran the course whilst I madly looked ahead for numbers. Thank goodness Zig was on fire - nailed the distance challenge and was really responsive. Not only did he run clear but we got 2nd place!!! I'm never walking courses again :rofl:

Edited by The Spotted Devil

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly a little more unusual than some of the other brag posts, but our Australian Cattle Dog and Australian Working Kelpie recently ran the Twilight Half Marathon with us in Brisbane. We took 2 hours 26 and a few seconds for 21.1km. They had a ball, and were really popular with all the spectators and aid station volunteers. It was a ton of fun.

WDL - that deserves a brag on your part too!!! :thumbsup::walkdog:

Congratulations Rumour - can't have been an easy environment for his first comp either :cheer:

Thanks Tassie and kathq - dunno about the handler. You'd reckon walking a course would HELP wouldn't you :laugh:

Edited by The Spotted Devil

:happydance: My Aussie, Gambit (Poruse Diamond Dealer) gained his first RN (Rally Obedience Novice) title on Sunday after gaining two passes on Saturday at the Inaugrural OTEC Rally Obedience Trial and came 3rd on two occasions.

What a happy two day trial it was. :clap:

Now onto Rally Advanced :cool:

post-6277-0-82830200-1333957904_thumb.jpg

Congrats kathq!!!

Millie and her partner had their first go in Excellent Strategic Pairs today and we qualified and got third place :) It was a bit messy, though, first daytime agility trial and Millie was away with the fairies. That and a severe lack of training! But we got there in the end, and in time, woohoo! thumbsup1.gif

Congrats kathq - nice feeling to have Test 1 under your belt, isn't it.

Yay for RS and Millie! And DSO - nice one - now ready to play with the big kids in Masters Jumping :rofl: (where's the evil grin emoticon!)

So biker girl - what about your brags from yesterday's Rally O trial - beautiful work with both girls!!

:laugh: Ptolomy - only time to post on FB lasst night before heading off to club dinner with our judge - then obedience all day today.

Rally O - great day all round - some super scores - happy to say that both my kids finished their RN titles, with one pass to spare. Agility and tracking girl Kirra (the wone who doesn't "do" obedience, and definitely doesn't believe in slow anything - got 96 in both trials - including the course with a lot of heeling to the last station and then slow pace :eek: to the finish - bless her heart, she did it with style (thank goodness for being able to talk to your dog.) And the little big man, after a 96 in the morning, outdid himself with a 100 in the afternoon - then lost first place by 4 seconds - but no shame in that.

So on to Rally Advanced now - will be fun.

Rory backed up with some nice work in obedience today in the Novice ring - pity I can't trust him in stays yet - need big help with that - and the good thing - the afternoon heeling was lovely - lost 4 for inattention causing a bit of lagging going round the post with dog outside. I was thrilled with the rest - he felt really happy and the judge said he looked really nice.

And Ptolomy (and bedazzledx2), your 'distance ed' students here had a really good weekend - CCD title for one, CD for another couple, a nice first CCD pass for another, and a first Open pass for another - thanks so much for the inspiration you guys provide with your videos and your hints. :)