2012 Brags Thread

We got our first ever title yesterday at Bairnsdale!! I'd entered Kenzie in to the 3 rally trials with the hope of getting 1 pass so that we only needed to get 1 more at another trial. So what does she do? Pulls out 3 passes to add to the one we already had!!! Yay for our RN title and hopefully there will be more to come!!

Terrific work PME and well done on your title thumbsup1.gif

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got our first ever title yesterday at Bairnsdale!! I'd entered Kenzie in to the 3 rally trials with the hope of getting 1 pass so that we only needed to get 1 more at another trial. So what does she do? Pulls out 3 passes to add to the one we already had!!! Yay for our RN title and hopefully there will be more to come!!

Terrific work PME and well done on your title :thumbsup:

Yippeee Ptolomy & PME :thumbsup::champagne::cheer: I didn't know you guys were at Bairnsdale yesterday, we were there too, our whippet got 2 passes in Rally Novice, our papillon got her 3 passes for her title of RN :cheer::champagne:

Edited by murve

I wasn't there but Tassie was thumbsup1.gif

You had a great day too by the sounds of things Murve - well done to you and your kids

I did meet up with Tassie it was a great day all round, poor Rally judges were swamped by us competitors, like bees to a honey pot :laugh: :laugh: , wanting our passes after they handed out the 1st 3 places were done

Edited by murve

COngrats to eveyone who did well in Barinsdale :thumbsup: I dont know what it is about that place but I always got the best results when I trialed there, wish I was there this weekend then maybe I could have fineally got that last pass for Toby's CD title :laugh:

Just back from Morwell. Waldo was entered in Novice Obedience and Rally. We have come back with our RN title! he was a little trooper in the heat this afternoon. He did his best to please but just wanted to lie in the shade! Two trials & 2 passes so I was over the moon. :thumbsup:

We also met Tassie and had a great natter. She should be in this thread!

You will note that I am not bragging about Novice Obedience. He did have great fun though. For the 3rd time in a row in the ring he picked up the figure of 8 markers and presented them to me. :eek: Pity he doesn't do the same with the dumbbell. :cry:

LOL ...finally got in here .. Long trip "home" to our lovely dog friendly accommodation.

Was so nice to meet so many DOLers ..and be able to share successes and um less than successes.

Long hot day at Morwell. Lovely proper, but the rings were horrible underfoot..very uneven..holes everywhere .. consequence of wet winter.

Anyway I gave Kirra a day off to concentrate on Rory ..who now has 5 RAE legs. Good not ..and he got better as the day wore on, in spite of the sun and heat..cool coats worked hard :-). I did hoods individual work in Novice, to take advantage of a ring with other classes either aside, but pulled him from stays..partly because of the other dogs, but mainly because I would have been setting him up to go down in the sit stay..too hot for a black dog. He worked pretty well..would have had a 180 I think ... Maybe 183 ... In the morning, and 188 afternoon ..winning the ring both times. Rubbernecking again :-). Travelling day again tomorrow .. but I've booked a swim for them middle of the day. :-)

I was so pleased with my Roxy & Violet over the 2 days in RALLY O., at Bairnsdale & Morwell

The girls seemed very happy in their cool coats & never let down

We got a total 16 Pass cards ALL over 90 points, in Excellent B. & Advanced B

Three of our Passes were a perfect 100 points & 6 Passes were 99 points

As usual, I cost the girls points, in a couple of the classes, by my making a few silly handling errors

Once I walked through the centreline of the off set figure 8 4 X instead of 3X, . I NOW will count out loud as I go around

TWICE in a row with 2 different dogs, I did a 90 degree pivot in place instead of the required 180 pivot,

Once, being on auto pilot for Obedience Stands while heeling, I put the toes of my right foot forward while standing my dog, on the Sit Stand Walk Around dog station

Opinions seem to differ depending on whom one asks, about how many points to deduct for the handling errors such as those that I made

Just curious, are the handling errors 10 points off or 3 points off for handler errors of 10 points off for an Improperly Performed station?

I got 10 points deducted each time & accepted the deductions graciously However, I am still not sure if handler errors should have been 3 point deductions or 10 point deductions??

I would like to congratulate Jodie & her persoanlity plus, Pug, "MIA" for gaining her Rally O NOVICE title with 3 PERFECT scores of 100 at Bairnsdale this weekend

Jodie's 11 month old adorable Boxer puppy, "Oliver", also gained his Rally Novice title in 3 trials with scores in the 90's

This weekend was the 1st time Jodie has been to a Rally O trial

Well done!!!!

Flyball brag for us.

2 day comp at the Dandenong show, my girls team won their division. This makes it 5 wins from 6 comps, not bad for a new dog!

Biggest brag though is we/I finally managed at 0.000 start!! I've only ever started her a few times and it was in the first race so no idea how I done that.....I've tried for so long with my boy but always missed out by the smallest margin!

Silly bugger ended up running so many though by the end of it, I usually start her at 28 feet but ended up having to move back to about 33 feet and still let her go at the same time and did so many false starts. Guess she just wanted to get to the line quicker!

Her best time was 5.2 (which she got in the last race on the second day in hot weather) and made her, being the height dog the quickest dog in the team :D

So not a bad weekend from our end either :D

Find it kinda amusing, my girl apparantly has shrunk, she has gone from an 11inch height dog to 10 inch....need to organise her height card now.

Edited by tollersowned

I was so pleased with my Roxy & Violet over the 2 days in RALLY O., at Bairnsdale & Morwell

The girls seemed very happy in their cool coats & never let down

We got a total 16 Pass cards ALL over 90 points, in Excellent B. & Advanced B

Three of our Passes were a perfect 100 points & 6 Passes were 99 points

As usual, I cost the girls points, in a couple of the classes, by my making a few silly handling errors

Once I walked through the centreline of the off set figure 8 4 X instead of 3X, . I NOW will count out loud as I go around

TWICE in a row with 2 different dogs, I did a 90 degree pivot in place instead of the required 180 pivot,

Once, being on auto pilot for Obedience Stands while heeling, I put the toes of my right foot forward while standing my dog, on the Sit Stand Walk Around dog station

Opinions seem to differ depending on whom one asks, about how many points to deduct for the handling errors such as those that I made

Just curious, are the handling errors 10 points off or 3 points off for handler errors of 10 points off for an Improperly Performed station?

I got 10 points deducted each time & accepted the deductions graciously However, I am still not sure if handler errors should have been 3 point deductions or 10 point deductions??

Awesome work Linda-well done. It was awesome to watch you working as s ateam with your dogs!

LOL ...finally got in here .. Long trip "home" to our lovely dog friendly accommodation.

Was so nice to meet so many DOLers ..and be able to share successes and um less than successes.

Long hot day at Morwell. Lovely proper, but the rings were horrible underfoot..very uneven..holes everywhere .. consequence of wet winter.

Anyway I gave Kirra a day off to concentrate on Rory ..who now has 5 RAE legs. Good not ..and he got better as the day wore on, in spite of the sun and heat..cool coats worked hard :-). I did hoods individual work in Novice, to take advantage of a ring with other classes either aside, but pulled him from stays..partly because of the other dogs, but mainly because I would have been setting him up to go down in the sit stay..too hot for a black dog. He worked pretty well..would have had a 180 I think ... Maybe 183 ... In the morning, and 188 afternoon ..winning the ring both times. Rubbernecking again :-). Travelling day again tomorrow .. but I've booked a swim for them middle of the day. :-)

You are right about the ground and the sun. I am like a beetroot today in spite of hat and sunscreen.

Flyball brag for us.

2 day comp at the Dandenong show, my girls team won their division. This makes it 5 wins from 6 comps, not bad for a new dog!

Biggest brag though is we/I finally managed at 0.000 start!! I've only ever started her a few times and it was in the first race so no idea how I done that.....I've tried for so long with my boy but always missed out by the smallest margin!

Silly bugger ended up running so many though by the end of it, I usually start her at 28 feet but ended up having to move back to about 33 feet and still let her go at the same time and did so many false starts. Guess she just wanted to get to the line quicker!

Her best time was 5.2 (which she got in the last race on the second day in hot weather) and made her, being the height dog the quickest dog in the team :D

Find it kinda amusing, my girl apparantly has shrunk, she has gone from an 11inch height dog to 10 inch....need to organise her height card now.

Well done! Perhaps your girl is a shrinking violet :laugh:

Flyball brag for us.

Congratulations on your 0.000.

My OH and I both managed to get our first 0.000 starts the other weekend at the same competition with the same dog!

I still can't believe I got one (aka biggest fluke ever) as it was only the third race I had ever raced our boy in. My OH reckons I just couldn't let him have the glory for the day :laugh:

Darn you 0.000 folk, the closest I ever got was a 0.010 I think. Maybe one day in the future I will have a dog to run and start with and finally get it :laugh:.

Edited by Clover

My brag is Ruby got 1st place on 98 points in Rally-O Advanced last night. We had the offset figure 8 with toys on the ground as distraction and happy to report she left them be thumbsup1.gifrofl1.gif

I'm mighty chuffed with her. She only failed ONE BOX last night in UD, the rest she passed and with decent scores to boot! She's developed a solid jump phobia after knocking it lightly twice last weekend, so we've got a bit of work to do to fix this now :(

Sorry the pic is so large!

63744_10151162702463036_1275735929_n.jpg

My brag is Ruby got 1st place on 98 points in Rally-O Advanced last night. We had the offset figure 8 with toys on the ground as distraction and happy to report she left them be thumbsup1.gifrofl1.gif

I'm mighty chuffed with her. She only failed ONE BOX last night in UD, the rest she passed and with decent scores to boot! She's developed a solid jump phobia after knocking it lightly twice last weekend, so we've got a bit of work to do to fix this now :(

Sorry the pic is so large!

63744_10151162702463036_1275735929_n.jpg

That is such a beautiful photo. 100% classic kindly Labrador expression

UD is not at all easy. It is a real challenge. I can attest to that. However, I now that I have started training for UDX, ...........well it is best to say no more LOL Just let it be said that I now yearn for UD LOL

Today at an agility trial, little Jovi managed 4 passes out of 6 runs!!

Finally got our first agility passes (we will always one fault wonders :p), we got two novice agility passes, one excellent jumping and a novice gamblers pass.

Our other two runs were one faulters (as usual :laugh:), one I tried rear crossing her on the tunnel way too late and she saw me back up and change sides while she was half in the tunnel instead of doing it on the ground before hand. The other some person had dropped food right at the start line and the little fatty got up to find it and eat it, which took her away from the first jump, so when I called her name to get her attention she came but didn't see the first jump so got a refusal :( Bit of a bugger as she did the rest of the run perfect even though there were a few parts I thought we may go wrong.

That wasn't all though, the little bugger managed to snag a 1st and 2nd place out of more than 40 dogs!

Here I was thinking she was going slow and we would barely make time and she got in easily. She still isn't running like she normally does so I didn't expect anything so I was thrilled with her just getting passes!

I've attached a picture of the now fast asleep girl with her bounty from today :D

post-1761-0-69790600-1353143956_thumb.jpg

Edited by tollersowned