Personal Protection Gsds

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She does :mad Nekhbet contacted me asking to use my dog as the sire, I initially refused but then heard how much we could make. Next time her bitch is in season we are sending her off to the vet for artificial insemination. I think this is the best way to complete this breeding as my dog is getting on now at 4 years old and has bad hips.

PMSL.

You're a brave man.

Nekhbet, that dog of yours looks nothing like a Malinois, infact it's one of the worse examples of the breed to look at that I have ever seen? I am not blaming you don't get me wrong there, how a pup turns out is what you get, but regardless or working ability, there needs to some standard IMHO and genetically floppy ears isn't a good one for starters.....hope you don't intend breeding that bitch?

I'll be sure to pass on your remarks to the person who spent a lot of time and money developing her lines. There's more to Mals then being tan with a black mask, have a look around some of the kennels in europe and america. I'm sure you would be happy to email people like Ivan Balabanov who has dogs that share my girls genetics and tell him what rubbish the lines produce. He even has one with floppy ears.

She does :mad Nekhbet contacted me asking to use my dog as the sire, I initially refused but then heard how much we could make. Next time her bitch is in season we are sending her off to the vet for artificial insemination. I think this is the best way to complete this breeding as my dog is getting on now at 4 years old and has bad hips.

Dont forget the undershot jaw Jeff it makes him look adorable! I'm sure we could get a couple of teacup blue masks out of the litter, we could double the price on those :rofl:

Found an IPO 3 Border collie in Canada the other day too :D it's such a great sport pity more people can't access it.

By the way Mace what lines of Malinois have you seen? I'm happy to discuss some of the lesser known lines floating around, you probably wont see a lot of these coloured dogs out and about in Oz but they are more popular overseas.

Ahh Jesus Christ, Eff this im not posting no more, i cant freaking believe what people turned this thread into. I was actually enjoying Nekhbet's posts as she is someone i respect alot and one of the first people i would go to get advice from as she knows !!.... Damn some people on this site do my head in thats why i hardly post here. Im going to take a piss now and try to water my neighbours' roses 6 houses down.

Ahh Jesus Christ, Eff this im not posting no more, i cant freaking believe what people turned this thread into. I was actually enjoying Nekhbet's posts as she is someone i respect alot and one of the first people i would go to get advice from as she knows !!.... Damn some people on this site do my head in thats why i hardly post here. Im going to take a piss now and try to water my neighbours' roses 6 houses down.

+1

Don't abandon your thread though, just try to ignore certain comments and try to take what's valuable from it.

Oh, and.......... :laugh:

I'll be sure to pass on your remarks to the person who spent a lot of time and money developing her lines. There's more to Mals then being tan with a black mask, have a look around some of the kennels in europe and america. I'm sure you would be happy to email people like Ivan Balabanov who has dogs that share my girls genetics and tell him what rubbish the lines produce. He even has one with floppy ears.

So some idiot is breeding floppy eared Malinois, excellent, I guess long as they don't breed one with no teeth it's all good ;)

Calm down you weirdos, lets not get in to a pissing competition about who has the best dog, as I will win. :provoke:

Nuh uh, my dog is clearly the most awesomesauceness. Forget your working dogs, throw a donut in those rocks and my beagle would fetch the shit out of it :laugh: :laugh:

rofl1.gif

Huski, I think fetching entails actually returning the object uneaten wink.gif

Bobby, I've no experience personally but do know of a breeder in SA with some nice Czech line dogs. http://www.izilop.com/

Oh yeah, thats what im talking bout ;) !!

BtS, apologies for the highly off topic question but I've been wondering for ages, what made you get a Samoyed when you have such an interest in working GSDs? I don't meet many working dog lovers who like or want to own Spitz breeds!

Bobby, I've no experience personally but do know of a breeder in SA with some nice Czech line dogs. http://www.izilop.com/

Oh yeah, thats what im talking bout ;) !!

BtS, apologies for the highly off topic question but I've been wondering for ages, what made you get a Samoyed when you have such an interest in working GSDs? I don't meet many working dog lovers who like or want to own Spitz breeds!

Good question. Ive always loved Samoyeds and had wanted to get one for a long time. The reason i didnt get a working GSD, is because at the moment i am not able to accommodate for a working dog. There i decided to take the time and learn every single thing i can about working dogs, and what i want in a working dog. Its very important to me to take the time to get the right working pup. I am also very intrested in Policing, and there is a big chance i will be going to the Academy this year, if not then certainly next. My aim is to get into the Dog Unit, which requires you to be an officer for 3 years first.

Im going to take a piss now and try to water my neighbours' roses 6 houses down.

Aaaahhhh, so it's you!!!!! Just chatting to my interstate friends and they were telling me about how their roses keep getting visited. They think the roses are growing very nicely, btw and they pass on their thanks :D.

Don't leave the thread, just sift through what you want and don't want. It's been a while since there was a good discussion about working line dogs and working line activities. I enjoy them.

Nahh come on whats DOL without a good slinging match every now and again ... all thats really happening is people are throwing out miles of proverbial rope really and getting tangled in it. I always thought working people would do what they always wanted and stick together but hey, they can do as they please. I already know I'm speshal :rofl:

I know Ken Paxton here in Geelong has a pair that were imported http://www.czechgermanshepherdbreeders.com I havn't met the dogs but some fresh blood might be something to look into. I also know that Von Ultimate and Schutzshep kennels have some Czech dogs there. Always comes down to go have a look and see if it floats your boat :)

So some idiot is breeding floppy eared Malinois, excellent, I guess long as they don't breed one with no teeth it's all good

:laugh: you do realise the gene for flopped ears is a recessive trait? That means that a dog that is mated to her and has good ears, and doesnt carry the floppy ear genes will produce pretty much straight ear pups? Both her parents have straight, firm ears, we didnt tape them in time so they stand 100% of the time ... they do when she runs about a lot or plays tug. Considering dogs here in Australia are happily bred despite being carriers for quite serious genetic diseases I don't see what the bee in your bonnet about my girls ears are all about, I think there's bigger issues happening in the dog world. Even if she is mated to a homozygous male there is less then 25% chance a pup will have ears that need taping in order to be show quality perky. Something so trivial when the dog ticks 110% on all the other boxes like health, conformation and temperament would be just silly now wouldn't it.

As for calling Ivan Balabanov an idiot ... not touching that one :p

I like the sound and looks of these dogs (from another forum) but have not met any of their dogs - anyone know about them?

http://www.kovacsshepherds.com.au/

I also like the look of the Schutzshep dogs - think I met some and the breeder at a SchH trial once (was a while ago though)

Though it is most likely that if I get a bigger dog the next one will be a Malinois.

Edited by Kavik