Is This Normal Healing? Update! All Has Healed And Is Normal

Lhok

My dog had a lump removed on Thursday but today when I checked the wound I found it like this. It has a bit of a smell (not overpowering) so I am concerned about her. I am prone to over reaction a bit when it comes to my pets hence why I thought I would take a photo and get some advice.

P1140047.jpg

here is the other photo I took

P1140046.jpg

Thanks

--Lhok

Edited by Lhok

Righto, will call the after hours vet. Thanks everyone :)

--Lhok

That would be best. It's unusual to have a wound that size and not have antibiotics as a precaution against infection, which to my untrained but experienced eye the skin appears to be getting rather 'angry' and an infection could be starting.

Edited by LizT

Back from the vet with pain killers and antibiotics in tow. They are concerned about the stitches too so if they are still looking like that on monday we will be going back. Thanks again everyone

--Lhok

Looks a bit like Milly when she had a lump and the surrounding mammary chain removed.

She was very swollen and bruised... and the stitching was the same. She was in a lot of pain!!!

Im pretty sure she wasn't on antibotics either, when I questioned it the vet said about it being a clean wound??....just to use betadine to bathe it.

It don't remember it smelling though.

It'll never hurt to check with a vet, even if its only for your piece of mind.

post-23773-0-41345100-1326525404_thumb.jpg

Back from the vet with pain killers and antibiotics in tow. They are concerned about the stitches too so if they are still looking like that on monday we will be going back. Thanks again everyone

--Lhok

:kissbetter: