• 82+
  3. 3. My employment status fits into the following category:

• Full time
    • Part time
    • Casual
    • Unemployed
    • Seasonal work
    • Retired

i'm not retired or unemployed; i currently choose not to work outside the home. Can you edit the poll again pls? Perhaps something like Not Employed Outside the Home?

But do you mean by this that you work from home?

If so, should not the categories still be inclusive of this?

Guest donatella

I hope I haven't buggered up your poll!

I put full-time but I am my DH's full-time carer so not really employed as such.

that is harder work then most full timers i know, you are more then employed and entitled to that status :thumbsup:

I put retired too, but I am not able to work as I am disabled and I am a carer for my 22yr old daughter.

I think the 3 main questions best asked are:

State you live in.

I don't see how employment status applies in a demographic, to get an over all idea of who comes in here.

Lynn

Assuming everyone on the forum owns a dog I think it gives an insight into dog ownership.

Its interesting that so far females far outweight males as being a member of a dog forum :D Does that mean males aren't as interested in chatting and learning about their dogs?

It also shows there is a large percentage of full-time workers so that could show breeders and rescue organisations who don't accept people who work full time, that they're cancelling out a large percentage of the dog loving population.

There could be lots of ways of interpreting the info instead of writing it off as non dog related.

Edited by Roova

Assuming everyone on the forum owns a dog I think it gives an insight into dog ownership.

Its interesting that so far females far outweight males as being a member of a dog forum :D Does that mean males aren't as interested in chatting and learning about their dogs?

It also shows there is a large percentage of full-time workers so that could show breeders and rescue organisations who don't accept people who work full time, that they're cancelling out a large percentage of the dog loving population.

There could be lots of ways of interpreting the info instead of writing it off as non dog related.

I agree. Sure, not everyone will be interested, but some people might. It's just for fun / general interest, I assume. I think that there are several threads that aren't dog-ownership related, and it doesn't usually seem to be a problem.

i'm not retired or unemployed; i currently choose not to work outside the home. Can you edit the poll again pls? Perhaps something like Not Employed Outside the Home?

No, i don't work from the home. I'm currently not working by choice.

That has always been one of my beefs on this forum of breeders saying they will not sell puppies to full time workers. One wonders about their own work status.;) ;) ;)

No, i don't work from the home. I'm currently not working by choice.

So that means you are unemployed. Unemployed simply means that you are not employed, not that you are looking for and unable to obtain work.