Who Are The Better Rescue Groups ?

Hello again...I enquired in a prev post whether something was authentic or not in a recue FB post. Now further from that I have since read there are favorable/non favorable rescue groups doing the rounds on FB/net. As I am all for supporting groups can someone tell me what groups have a good reputation/ethic that I can add to my FB profile??? (and pm me those that I should stay clear of)

Through my photography I do come across people genuininely interested in getting a "preloved" companion/ helping those who help dogs by donation...any help would be appreciated.

Hello again...I enquired in a prev post whether something was authentic or not in a recue FB post. Now further from that I have since read there are favorable/non favorable rescue groups doing the rounds on FB/net. As I am all for supporting groups can someone tell me what groups have a good reputation/ethic that I can add to my FB profile??? (and pm me those that I should stay clear of)

Through my photography I do come across people genuininely interested in getting a "preloved" companion/ helping those who help dogs by donation...any help would be appreciated.

Im sure you will get a varied range of who believes who is good depending on which side of the fence they sit on

what they believe is ethical and what they think is required to be a good ethical group

This is a personal choice as Bartok explained. I'd make an effort to contact the groups personally and ask the questions you want to know. That way you are not relying on second hand information and you will feel confident with who you are promoting.

Very tricky question

Vic is interesting, I have dealt with a lot of groups, because I generally look at all the questions for help and just stick my hand up for whatever I can do and dont really care who is asking.

I would give one list for fostering and a different list for adopting.

In very general terms if people are looking to foster, they don't want to go to a group that is always appealing for help with things like short distance transport(say within Melbourne), moving items and the general work that is involved with rescue. These groups tend to be time poor and therefore dont have time to deal with there foster carers. If they are always appealing for foster carers chances are should something go wrong with your foster (ie not get on with your pet) they probably wont be able to quickly move the animal and you will be for want of another work stuck with the animal.

These same groups however can be better to deal with for adoption, they tend to be less involved and dragged out (if they reply to the enquiry). They are also less likely to have several people meeting the same animal, so less chance of missing out once you have meet the animal and become more attached.

Just very general guidelines I use myself when getting asked about rescue, there are no definate rules and very generalised