Why Did I Get A Cream Dog?

Kirty

I have a white Borzoi.

Four weeks after a bath she looks as clean as the day after, even when she's been in mud in the meantime.

Got to love those silky dirt-dropping coats!

Yeah, mud don't stick to Cavaliers either. :D It's just the inital shock before they dry off. ;)

Yep, a bit similar coat texture I would have thought. The hardest thing is to resist the urge to towel it off. Leave the mud be and the coat drys and sheds all the mud. Rub it with a towel and it's a mess!

Often whem i am walking her people comment that she's just been bathed - nope, she just looks bright white all the time.

Yeah. I just towel off wet feet, blot the body and legs, no rubbing and wait. :)

I've even noticed that green grass stains when they go out after the lawn has just been mown seem to disappear too? Worried me the first time I saw green paws and though Oh. no I have to rewash, but they vanished during the next few hours.

lol as you well know the red dirt stains beautifully!

I get so many comments about my black & pink border collie! No one notices the staining on Amber's white bits though as it sort of enhances the sable!

Yes well we did tell you when you were looking at properties. :laugh: There you were with your white pony and your black and white Border Collies. :rofl:

I get peeved enough just riding up to Wandin Park with all the red dust/mud depending on the season. Great for vegies not for pets, horse rugs, kids etc.

My huge curly BCx Rocky LOVES getting dirty and we live on alot of red dirt..... sigh.

Luckily, he'll be red, brown, a shade of disgusting something or other then next day he shows up SPARKLING WHITE!!!! confusing much?

I LOVE the fact my kelpie dries clean to! That and he dries quickly, especially compared to Rocky (the sponge dog!)

I love light coloured dogs, especially those whose coats drop the dirt once they are dry. Check out Beau, this was his favourite state of being.

:rofl: There's always someones bed to wipe dirty legs on!

Haha I am loving all these photos! The mud transforms the dogs into quite different looking dogs! Dogs are the new 'Transformers' ;)

Funny the other day I had just bathed Crystal, my beautiful Cavalier and my sons' girlfriend walked passed and laughed "haha, she said...Crissy always looks so dignified and goes about with her nose in the air and now she just looks all scruffy and bedraggled when she's wet." :laugh:

Oh my Kirty at least the tip of the tail still looks cream - great pics from everyone. Our tiny Pap X helped me dig out a flooding storm water drain in our yard the other day - he was swimming in what was knee deep water that was brown with soil. Had a lovely time but what a mess his black and tan coat was just dirt brown.

I'm so very glad I have a dog whose paws are so precious he must step or leap over muddy puddles and wouldn't dream of diving in to rancid ponds or water troughs, even when his besties are doing just that. :D Rolling in poo though... that's a whole other story... :rofl:

Dory's the same, although she doesn't roll in poo quite so much these days. A few freezing, cold dunkings in the ocean before going home to another bath kinda fixed that issue for us. Dead Sea Things REALLY Pong. :vomit:

And we won't talk about the water logged Mettwurst she found. :vomit::vomit::vomit: