Lady And The Tramp

LizT

The original it is suppose to be an Americaon Cocker spaniel which in America is called the "Cocker Spaniel" Tramp was a mutt but i would say Irish Terrier/schnauzer origins.

That clipped the dog is clearly a Cavie & tramp a hairy moodle looking thing

According the Disney Lady was a Cocker Spaniel (assumed American Cocker). What's the original book? I always thought that it was an original story by Disney.

That video is adorable! :)

:laugh: I don't think Disney had an original story in it history!

It was based on a short story, "Happy Dan, the whistling dog". By Ward Greene.

Edited by LizT

According the Disney Lady was a Cocker Spaniel (assumed American Cocker). What's the original book? I always thought that it was an original story by Disney.

That video is adorable! :)

:laugh: I don't think Disney had an original story in it history!

It was based on a short story, "Happy Dan, the whistling dog". By Ward Greene.

I had heard that the Happy Dan story, which was the origin of Tramp, was purchased by Disney and added to a much earlier original Disney storyline which had been sitting around for years about a company writer's dog named Lady which was displaced by his newborn baby. Certainly in the movie version Lady is supposed to be an American Cocker Spaniel, and Tramp a mutt.

Why do I remember this stuff???!!!

Funnily enough I always felt the animated drawings of 'Lady' looked more like a Cavalier than a Cocker Spaniel.

Despite this a 'Cocker Spaniel' like, Lady was my 'dream' dog as a child. :)

http://youtu.be/cpGTJ0anvNY

How cute is this!

I always thought Lady was supposed to be an American Cocker Spaniel, but recently my sister told me in the orginal book it was a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Male and a Schnauzer female????

I love Lady and the Tramp! Ryan bought it for me for Valentines day. In the movie they refer to her as a cocker spaniel but she LOOKS like a cavalier except for the little tail. I always thought she was a CKCS. I would love to read the original book!

http://youtu.be/cpGTJ0anvNY

How cute is this!

I always thought Lady was supposed to be an American Cocker Spaniel, but recently my sister told me in the orginal book it was a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Male and a Schnauzer female????

I love Lady and the Tramp! Ryan bought it for me for Valentines day. In the movie they refer to her as a cocker spaniel but she LOOKS like a cavalier except for the little tail. I always thought she was a CKCS. I would love to read the original book!

Did you know Bellackcs that the breed standard allows for the tail to be docked 1/3 of it's length! (Of course docking is now illegal in Australia, but that's a whole different tale! ;) )

Did you know Bellackcs that the breed standard allows for the tail to be docked 1/3 of it's length! (Of course docking is now illegal in Australia, but that's a whole different tale! ;) )

Thank goodness for that!

Edited by Bellackcs