Where Is Your Dog?

Staff'n'Toller

150 members have voted

1. 1. What's your dog's access when you're not there?

• Free yard access
    • Dog run/part yard access
    • Free yard + house
    • Run/part yard + house
    • In the house only
    • In a comfy crate in the house

Mine have access to the yard - which includes a large paved under shade area and a huge kennel when we are out - and they come inside with us at night into the lounge area which has access to the back yard. I don't trust Earl not to chew stuff he shouldn't and there is a lot to get into in our lounge. They are crated at night in our room.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have two in runs, two in the yard and two little ones indoors when OH and I are at work. The two in runs I'd keep inside when I went to work if I could. They stay in if I'm only going to be a couple of hours somewhere and sleep in over night but OH and I are doing alot of disagreeing regarding the dogs at the moment so I doubt them being inside while I am at work is an option. When we are home they are all in the yard or inside.

my lot are out durring the day, as other wise they would reno the house more than likely and not in style i would like.... can't say i would like the old one with continence issues on my bed either while i am not home.... ;)

what do they do outside? well normally sleep in the sun and poop on the concrete... pretty much covers it.

All have free yard access during the day. At night staffy cross is brought inside to sleep on the bed, because she thinks it's fun to kill the wildlife, but she likes the finer things in life, like aircon and doonas. Aussie shepherd lives entirely in the yard as he is a good boy outside, letting wildlife wander the yard, and he wakes me up during the night wanting back out. Then lastly schipperke gets the yard during the day then is crated outside at night due to the worry of him being taken by a snake (plenty of cats around here have). The crate is a soft one so has no gaps for snakes to get through...he's happy, he's alive, therefore I sleep well :laugh:

Normally they are outside and part of the house but due to a scare that nearly electrocuted one of them they are crated and I have rearranged my life so I'm not out for longer then an hour or two.

When I finnish makeing changes to our yard the will be back to outside and house again

I voted free yard access, but if it's really hot, cold, dark or raining then she stays inside.

Puppers stays in his "area of confinement". I am looking forward to him being big enough to put in the backyard too. :laugh:

My 2 are outside when I'm out - but they can only access the backyard & under the house (raised queenslander). I only let them in the front when i am there. When I'm home they are usually with me somewhere inside. They sleep inside at night also. If I could trust them not to destroy inside while I was out I would put in a dog door but they like to chew things. When I had to keep one of them quiet after she was desexed - I left her inside for the day - there goes the inside of lounge..... Lucky it was just a cheapy one...