Looking For Special Photographs

Sagittarian

Hi all,

We have a family run business (Pet Supplies) and after many years of just having a splash page, are finally working on a real website. :D We are trying to make our home page really special and are looking for photographs of pets that will fit us and look stunning.

We have a couple of options. Our header is long and fairly narrow with our logo to one side. What we are thinking is this:

1. Have one photograph that goes right across the header and will include the logo.

2. Have three photographs, one for caring, one for playing, one for feeding, and then our logo to the side.

What I'm looking for are photographs that we can use. Over the years I've seen some awesome photos on dogzonline, so I'm hoping maybe this is the best place to look. Happy to have them sent to me direct: [email protected] or posted here or a link posted for me to check out.

We won't use anything without permission, and it is just a concept right now, but would love to see what is around, or get any suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Sags

:)

You probably won't get much of a response in here unless you offer a little more information. Most people won't be willing to hand over their photos for you to promote your business free of charge. You need to think about whether you want exclusive rights to the image (so no one else can use it) or just the right to use the image, how long you want the rights for and how much you're willing to pay for those rights. Very few people who offer the standard of picture you would be looking for will just give them away for nothing.

Not asking for free photos. :)

Anyone who is interested is welcome to contact me privately. I've already had two emails since posting on here, one asking for more specifics and one loaded with gorgeous pics. Looking forward to more.

Sags

shame I didn't have any suitable ( I'm not that good a photographer :laugh: ) as I would be more than happy to let you

use any of mine free of charge :)

Thank you. :-)

I have to say, I am a little overwhelmed by some of the beautiful pics that I've been sent or directed to. Some just make me smile but one or two bring a tear to the eye.

Sags

Thank you. :-)

I have to say, I am a little overwhelmed by some of the beautiful pics that I've been sent or directed to. Some just make me smile but one or two bring a tear to the eye.

Sags

Do you have a specific style of photo you're looking for?

If you get lots, you could create a rotating banner so it loads one with a new set of photos each time the page loads :D

Going to be one big rotating banner if it was up to me!!!

Looking for pics that create an emotional response. Particularly if we can make people smile, or reflect upon their own loved pet. Dogs being dogs. Beautiful backdrops.

Don't want much, do I?

:D

shame I didn't have any suitable ( I'm not that good a photographer :laugh: ) as I would be more than happy to let you

Are you kidding? It started with a kiss is one of my favourite threads :thumbsup: :)

Mine too! :D

Are you kidding? It started with a kiss is one of my favourite threads :thumbsup: :)

Mine too! :D

Same here :D Frodo's Mum takes awesome pics