Price Of Puppies

goldenluv

found this on a web site and thought that it was a bit funny as I have never seen this before

or is it the norm now to list the prices like this.

Colours Males , Females

Black with some White $700-$900 , $800-$1000

Solid Black $800-$1000 , $900-$1000

Blue Roan $900-$1000 , $1000-$1200

Gold with some White $1000-$1200 , $1000-$1200

Solid Gold $1000-$1200 , $1000-$1200

Gold roan $1000-$1200 , $1000-$1300

Chocolate Roan $1300-$1700 , $1500-$1800

Chocolate $1300-$2000 , $1500-$2000

Kirty I think the problem in the ring is that chocolate dogs don't have black noses they have a liver nose? And this is a no no I believe. I may be wrong tho lol.

There is nothing in the standard about nose colour. The extended breed standard does say

Most Cocker Spaniels have black noses, but in the case of some coat colours, for example livers,

liver roans, some orange roans, the nose is brown.

I do find the different prices for different colour and for dogs and bitches a bit disturbing.

ETA for future reference list of ANKC breed standards

http://www.ankc.org.au/Breeds.aspx

Edited by Janba

Kirty I think the problem in the ring is that chocolate dogs don't have black noses they have a liver nose? And this is a no no I believe. I may be wrong tho lol.

Yep, you're wrong. There isn't anything in the cocker standard that specifies a black nose.

You may be getting mixed up with the blue coat colour in Staffordshire Bull Terriers. A black nose is required in the standard but genetically a blue Stafford cannot have a black nose.

There is nothing in the standard about nose colour. The extended breed standard does say

Most Cocker Spaniels have black noses, but in the case of some coat colours, for example livers,

liver roans, some orange roans, the nose is brown.

I do find the different prices for different colour and for dogs and bitches a bit disturbing.

ETA for future reference list of ANKC breed standards

http://www.ankc.org.au/Breeds.aspx

I don't understand the colours but I do understand for the differing sexes, it is quite common for bitches on main to be sold at a higher cost, after all if you are using them for breeding then the value of a bitch is higher than that of a dog BUT if they are just pets that are going to be desexed I don't really get it.