Animal Lovers That Dislike Children

LizT

Guest lavendergirl

How about teaching your child about tolerance and compassion? Surely fighting rudeness with nastiness isn't what anyone should be teaching their children :rolleyes:

I can just hear your daughter now at the playground telling some kid theyre rude and ugly on the inside.

I prefer honesty and cannot stand the sugar coated dribble that some people like ;) The person was rude IMO - why should I have to lie to make that person feel fluffy on the inside?

Because maybe something had happened to them recently that made them feel bad.

You could have equally said "I don't know why they are looking like that, maybe something has happened to make them mad/sad/upset. Don't worry about them, we are having a good time"

You are not making the person who heard you fluffy inside you are giving your child the option of having empathy.

I agree with this. Also some people just have "cranky faces" - she may have just been concentrating on something else and did not even register that she was looking at the child. I think we need to teach our children not to be too touchy and think everything revolves around them.

By the way didn't the incident on the plane happen 22 years ago? Yes the old dear was rude - was probably a rude person in general - but she may be long gone by now.

And why shouldn't people think of their dogs as their children if they want? They are not hurting anyone.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Tess32

I didn't call anyone shallow at all, read properly. I said Greytmate's appreciation of babies was shallow (you know, definition being lacks depth or is superficial, a surface appreciation) because she hasn't had an intimate or long term relationship with a baby, and therefore cannot appreciate certain aspects about babies/toddlers that can come with knowing them better.

no, before all of that you said if someone doesn't like babies because they smell then they are shallow.

I said, kids are as individual as any other human, so it makes no sense to me to say "I don't like children". It's like saying "I don't like men" or "I don't like women". It isn't logical. They don't all act the same, have the same personalities. If 'disliking kids' is based on the fact they poo in nappies and therefore smell for about 5 minutes of their day, then well...I just call that shallow.

Again, I said I call that attitude/thought shallow. And it is. Or do you think it's a deep and meaningful reason to dislike an entire age group of human beings?

Guest Tess32

This thread is a good example of how hormones affect some mothers. Instead of being able to accept that some people don't like babies, they fly into a rage and start the insults.

But perhaps that was the reason for the thread?

I don't see any insults or rage :)

This thread isn't all about you or what things you have a problem with.

Righto - so it's okay for you to express your thoughts and personal opinion on the topic and not others!

You did give us your opinion. You don't give a flying fruit tingle if people dislike children. Thanks for that contribution. The topic isn't about "why we dislike people that dislike children" or "why we dislike people that are rude to children", but I guess you got confused.

Tess, whatever insult you choose to throw at people that dislike children, it is still an insult. My opinions are no more shallow than your own. Are you so insulting every time somebody has a like or dislike that you do not share? Or is there some fear you have of people that dislike children that causes you to have a go at them? Could you try to control it?

I sure hope none (children) are being made to sleep in crates. ;)

We were!! ;)

We had a large totally enclosed cot /crate , plenty big enough for a toddler and beyond. It was enclosed with flyscreen..and lockable ..totally insect and kid proof!! We each slept in it until we were ready for proper beds.

Guest Willow

We were!! ;)

We had a large totally enclosed cot /crate , plenty big enough for a toddler and beyond. It was enclosed with flyscreen..and lockable ..totally insect and kid proof!! We each slept in it until we were ready for proper beds.

I've seen those for sale second hand....they are good for keeping cats and dogs away from sleeping babies!!!!

I appreciate a lot of what greytmate had to say , not all, but a lot. This has been an interesting thread :)

I was directly under the shower of maternal feelings, when they were tipped out of the pot .... :o:love: new babies, and toddlers, and preschoolers ... tend to melt somewhat when I hold /smell a new baby ..and thoroughly enjoy the company of toddlers .

..but it is nice to give them back ;)

Guest Tess32

Righto - so it's okay for you to express your thoughts and personal opinion on the topic and not others!

You did give us your opinion. You don't give a flying fruit tingle if people dislike children. Thanks for that contribution. The topic isn't about "why we dislike people that dislike children" or "why we dislike people that are rude to children", but I guess you got confused.

Tess, whatever insult you choose to throw at people that dislike children, it is still an insult. My opinions are no more shallow than your own. Are you so insulting every time somebody has a like or dislike that you do not share? Or is there some fear you have of people that dislike children that causes you to have a go at them? Could you try to control it?

Again, no insults here...I explained the definition of shallow and even explained I would describe my own feelings as shallow about plenty of things like cats, cars, you name it. I don't consider it an insult...just reality *shrug*.

As for it being shallow IF the ONLY reason you disliked babies was because they smell when they poop....well c'mon, do you really not agree that's a superficial reason? REALLY?

that is exactly what my kids had for a cot, we had four indoor cats who slept on our bed and the cot was in our room. I have heard them called safe cots and meat safe votes : D

We were!! ;)

I've seen those for sale second hand....they are good for keeping cats and dogs away from sleeping babies!!!!

Edited by OSoSwift

Again, no insults here...I explained the definition of shallow and even explained I would describe my own feelings as shallow about plenty of things like cats, cars, you name it. I don't consider it an insult...just reality *shrug*.

As for it being shallow IF the ONLY reason you disliked babies was because they smell when they poop....well c'mon, do you really not agree that's a superficial reason? REALLY?

Some people are overly sensitive to different smells. shrug.gif There is not just poop. There is the formula and the spit up, which smell tends to turn my stomach. Not saying that this is my only reason, but if it were someone else's' who are you to judge?

I find close mindedness pretty shallow

This thread is a good example of how hormones affect some mothers. Instead of being able to accept that some people don't like babies, they fly into a rage and start the insults.

But perhaps that was the reason for the thread?

Not my reason. Simply ponderings actually, much like the many others who have contributed. I rant but rarely rage.

Huh?

I don't give a flying fruit tingle if other people like kids or dislike them so long as it doesn't affect my life who cares. I do have a problem with those who are openly rude to innocent children.

Really I think it has become about what people are taking from it. Much is not as it was intended. For eg. At no point was it meant to be about whether one has children or not, or whether this is a concious decision or just dealt by circumstances. Nor was it ever about having to feel justified in their choices. Again, for whatever reasons some have at times been made to feel they have been forced to justify their reasonings. For any angst this has caused, I apologise.

Guest Willow
.they are good for keeping cats and dogs away from sleeping babies!!!!

;) and other kids!

Gosh, yes, i know all about that!!!! :rofl:

I quite like kids of the well raised variety who don't scream in public, climb on furniture and will listen to adult instructions. I have one of my own and find her endlessly funny, crazy, entertaining and cute. I'm not so keen on babies though. Babies are crying bundles of poop and sick and dribble, wrapped in a haze of sleep deprivation. I kind of dread it when people invite me to hold theirs and can't really imagine how they think others might enjoy doing so.

I love kids, but I'd rather hold a puppy than a newborn any day!

After reading thru 28 pages, I still don't see what the connection between liking animals and liking kids is? The two are completely different...

I think some of the comments here are quite offensive, particularly the one about people who are not able to have children being bitter and twisted... very uncalled for and extremely insensitive.

For the record, if you are not able to have children and you love them, you can adopt. I wouldn't know if it is "the same" as having your own biological child, however I am adopted and I have a wonderful relationship with my parents, I don't feel it is any different to a normal family relationship.

I could get shot in the foot for this but I do genuinely wonder how many anti kid people (seemingly most are women?) dislike and don't want kids at their choice entirely or that they were dealt a horrible hand at life and were not able to procreate and now hold a bitterness towards them. Just a thought, I don't want anyone to answer this, it's just a theory I have.

Just curious is all. I know lots more people these days who are choosing career over kids, pretty sure theres a movie about it.

Always happy to be proven wrong :)

Maybe you should think before you type? Do you honestly not understand how your original comment is completely inappropriate and insensitive?

Why is that everyone assumes people who aren't fond of kids are standardly rude to them and tell them they're smelly, boring, loud, annoying or whatever adjective you want to throw in there? Most people, even if they don't generally like kids, have no desire to treat them badly, hurt their feelings or let them know they're not liked. If parents don't let their kids run amok or harass strangers there's little chance of their kids copping a mouthful. If a child is being a little monster the first person I will address is the parent. If the parent isn't in sight or won't do anything then I'll tell the little monster to cut it out and probably not too politely (and by that I don't mean swearing at them, just not babying them), but I would never tell them they're horrible little monsters who should never have been born. Give us a little bit of credit would you? I don't particularly like the smell that often eminates from some of the homeless drunks that live in the city but I'm not rude to them if they talk to me. I don't tell them they smell awful and I feel like vomiting nor do I let them see that on my face. It's called manners and I find it astounding that so many parents equate not liking children to not having any. :confused:

Where are the manners here? Or does that not apply because it is a faceless net forum? There are parents on this forum, and some people have suggested having children is some disgusting primitive compulsion and that any parent commenting on here is only led by their raging hormones! Some have gone on to say exactly whats on their mind when they see children of which much of that is pretty vile, but only IMO

I don't think that is good manners it can actually be quite insulting to have someone you love more than anything referred to in that way. I think that is why there is such passionate arguement in this forum, there is a lot of hurtful things being said.

Not maternal. Pure and simple. I fought to get "fixed" at 30. Admitingly I had a medical reason to fight for the procedure.

As for kids.. Some are good. Some are obnoxious little brats and the parents are not much better either.

There is no excuse for bad manners. If the parents are bad, good chance the kids are too. Who else can they learn off?

You did give us your opinion. The topic isn't about "why we dislike people that dislike children" or "why we dislike people that are rude to children", but I guess you got confused.

I think maybe you're the one who's confused - perhaps I didn't spell it out clearly enough for some ;) Hopefully this is easy enough to understand - I don't understand why it's anyone elses business who likes/dislikes children - does it really matter? Yes I did state my personal opinion but then so did you when you insulted those who defended thier children as being that way due to "raging hormones" :)