Blind Stray Saved.

Blackdogs

So we found a stray, assumed that no one had ever loved, cared for or was missing it and decided to keep it.

huh?

I'd like to know what steps these people took in order to locate the owners, all I got from that was they found a dog, decided to keep it and took it to a vet.

Of course it may be a dog that has been dumped but then again there could still be someone out there missing their dog.

So we found a stray, assumed that no one had ever loved, cared for or was missing it and decided to keep it.

huh?

I'd like to know what steps these people took in order to locate the owners, all I got from that was they found a dog, decided to keep it and took it to a vet.

Of course it may be a dog that has been dumped but then again there could still be someone out there missing their dog.

I'm sure if it is bothering you that much, perhaps you could drop them an email and ask? If they went to all the trouble they went to with regards to medical care, i'm sure they'd have been as diligent in attempting to find out the history of said dog.

A video cannot possibly impart all the events and processes that occurred but I'm sure they'd be very pleased at your interest in how they do things.

Why do you automatically presume they have found a stray dog and kept it?

Edited by dogmad

huh?

I'm sure if it is bothering you that much, perhaps you could drop them an email and ask? If they went to all the trouble they went to with regards to medical care, i'm sure they'd have been as diligent in attempting to find out the history of said dog.

A video cannot possibly impart all the events and processes that occurred but I'm sure they'd be very pleased at your interest in how they do things.

Done.

I presume it because so many of the "do-gooders" out there do it. It happens time and again on DOL , so I'm pretty sure it goes on every day in the rest of the world.

I don't know much about poodles (assuming that's what she is), but from the incredibly matted state of her coat she had either been missing for a very long time or had been neglected. Either way, there's no denying that the dog was in a pitiful state and desperately needed help. I'm glad that she got some.

Even if it were my dog, I'd still prefer that she was taken in and cared for by someone rather than left frightened and alone to die on the street.

Just beautiful. :heart: Dear little girl. Lovely, heart warming story. Found a place to call home. Awesome. Thank you for sharing. Where's the tissues please.

Also just thought how scary & horrible to be left out in the elements, hungry, filthly, matted, flea infested & unloved but to not be able to see, TERRIFYING.

Edited by BC Crazy

huh?

Done.

I presume it because so many of the "do-gooders" out there do it. It happens time and again on DOL , so I'm pretty sure it goes on every day in the rest of the world.

Can you give an example? Who are the "do gooders". Are you referring to rescuers in general or people who find a dog and keep it - the general public?

huh?

If my dog went missing and ended up like Fiona I would just be happy if someone found him and gave him the love and care those people gave Fiona and that he had a wonderful home after the ordeal he must have gone throught.

I'm just glad there are good people in the world that are kind enough to help a dog in need and even pay to restore the vision in her eye.

God, I'm such a softie. Hard to watch.

Yes, it is hard to watch & there is nothing wrong with being soft. Least your man enough to admit it Luke W. A lot wouldn't :) My OH is exactly the same.

Edited by BC Crazy

I remember a visit to a wild life sanctuary on Phillip Island a number of years ago.

An old dingo, who seemed completely blind, was slowly walking the fence line. As I walked up to the fence, his ears pricked up and he stopped and sniffed the air, then slowly walked to where I was. I placed my palm against the fence and he sniffed, then licked my hand through the wire. I had to be dragged away. It was heartbreakingly poignant.

I have an enormous soft spot for old dogs.