Van V Eagle Pack Dry

ellz

OK, let me preface this by saying that I have absolutely NO experience with either of these products so am throwing the floor open to those here who know more about it than I do. I am perfectly happy with my own feeding regime (as are my dogs) but my friend is wanting more information on doing it differently so I have told her that I will ask the collective "brains trust" here at DOL.

So, for an adult Stafford would you use the Vets All Natural Complete Mix + meat + raw meaty bones or would you just stick with a complete "premium" dry food from the Eagle Pack range?

Or alternatively, would you mix the two.

I have used both, at the same time, and my dogs did well on them but I think the VAN didn't do alot for the condition of their coats and the new puppy did not do as well on the VAN and so we are now back to me making my own raw mix as well as Holistic Select kibble. Definitely a winner, everyone's coats are gleaming and all are healthy as horses :thumbsup: .

My dogs eat a bit of Eagle Pack dry with their raw (roo and turkey meat, vegies) brekky every day. They love it and the combination has kept their coats nice and healthy. They eat bones at night so I am feeding 80% raw, but if I had to choose one dry food to stick with, it would be EP. :thumbsup:

I use VAN + kangaroo mince three times a week and RMB the rest of the time. My 2 year old Stafford seems to put weight very easily and dog biscuits (I haven't tried Eagle Pack) seem to keep her on the heavier side.

With the VAN, she is lean and her coat is great :thumbsup:

I suppose it's like everything, what works for one dog might not for another but VAN is definitely worth a try IMO.

I have used Eagle Pack and it was excellent,I fed mostly raw with dry at times, however when 2 newcomers both had issues that meant I needed to have another look at what I was feeding I switched to VAN with a variety of meat and bones and have continued to use it.

For my needs it is excellent and the dogs are thriving.

I like eagle pack giant puppy, apart from that most dogs I see on it are a bit dry. Go the vets all natural and they can put in what protein source they like. I also use tinned fish, ricotta cheese, beef, rabbit etc you dont have to just use the same old protein every day.

2 of mine are fed Advance with necks and wings, the BT is on VANs with chicken mince and necks.

She has been on it for over 3 months now, as she is prone to red sore legs ,feet, and bites them.

I have to say as much as i love the idea of it, it smells lovely, and she loves it, i havn't noticed any change whatsoever.( the petshop even gave me a bottle of the VANs omega oil as it was going out of date to try too) :(

I did try using it with roo meat to start with, but its so expensive, i switched to chicken mince.

juice try the tinned fish and cheese, I use ricotta from safeway it's only $5 a big pot (and you get a free strainer! :laugh:) Homebrand tuna and salmon in spring water is cheap, as is the aldi brand stuff.