Snooza D100

ruthless

I hope I don't jinx myself by posting this only four days after getting one, but I think that it might well be Bruno-proof! He doesn't rip up his crate bed anymore, but anything I put in the kennel in his run would last a day or two at most. I finally forked out for a Snooza D100 and it's still in one piece four days later! :cheer: Luckily a small is the size that fits his kennel so it wasn't as expensive as the big ones.

532537_191335324316048_168052119977702_284432_585826833_n.jpg

If you're sick of buying beds for a destructo dog I recommend these :thumbsup:

Edited by ruthless

Word of warning, make sure the zip is done up tight. If they can manage to get a toe in they can open the zip and destuff the inner. Been there done that lol but the outside hasn't been damaged at all in over a year. Great beds :) .. Buy em on eBay and they are heaps cheaper.

Love the photo ruthless. Bruno looks very comfy & red is certainly his colour. I also have a girl that lies like a turtle :laugh:

Snooza are a great Aussie company who make really good quality products & they aren't that expensive really as they outlast their competition I find.

Sonny has a Snooza Futon that belonged to my last boy who had it for years & it is as still going strong. I use it for a crate pad for him, he loves it. :)

Edited by BC Crazy

My 10 month old GSD puppy also destroys everything but when I take her to work with me she settled right down on on the Snooza, So I thought that she would love one for home :):):)

She had it for less than 2 hours and she had torn the Zipper open :mad :mad :mad I hadn't even paid for it as I bought it through work :scold: .

Lucky for me Snooza have a repair service and it was fixed and delivered back to me in about 7 days $13.00 plus postage that was cheap.

BUT guess what she is not getting it back until she stops wrecking everything she is given to sleep on, she is back to the crate where she has never destroyed even a blanket.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: From me to Snooza for their excellent service.

I have the Snooza D100 and give it a big :thumbsup: . It has seen my now nearly 4yo boy right through his puppyhood. I don't have any major chewing issues these days though, so I'm lucky.

One thing I'd recommend to anyone who has a dog who might potentially chew bedding or is known to chew bedding ..... when you buy something new as Ruthless has, I'd give all the seams and corners a good soaking spray of a good stop chew product. At least if the dog gets tempted, it'll be there and might be sufficient to stop the habit on the new item before it starts. And I'd keep up with re-loading the spray until you're quite certain that it's not going to happen.

...I'd give all the seams and corners a good soaking spray of a good stop chew product. ...

Erny, are you able to recommend a product/place to buy it? I'd appreciate it, as my pups are now into the chew everything stage, as well as my older pet minipig!

I don't remember the brand name, but the stuff I found very effective for my boy, right through the teething stage, was a natural based product with bitter lime taste. I bought it from "Fantastic Pets" in Narre Warren, Victoria. But what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another. Some have had better results by using Crib-Off, a stop chew designed to put horses off chewing the tops of stable doors, etc. The trick is to get in REALLY early, like, BEFORE puppy receives any enjoyment out of chewing an item s/he shouldn't. In those early days I followed my boy around and anything he remotely looked interested in (even though he hadn't actually put his teeth into it yet), I'd call him away, go spray it, and then watch to make sure the spray was sufficient to work.

I will also confess - I don't think my boy is a chewer, so I think in that I have the easy end of the stick. However, I'll never really know that. Maybe it was my good training :D ..... I can tell you that I bought and used a few bottles of the stuff at the time.

BUT, as I said, it's a matter of using the spray to deter BEFORE the chewing on forbidden items becomes a learnt behaviour. Chewing even just the once can constitute "learnt". I tend to find that people generally wait to see what puppy has chewed and then follow up with the spray, which is why I think the success levels with spray are lower than they could be.

Snooza are also wonderfully supportive of rescues. They have a programme where you can send your old beds back when you want to upgrade or just need a change of doggy decore, they repair them and give them out to rescues.

i love snooza products. I have had a D100 ( also red) for over 5 years now and it is indestructable.. even Hollie who has now got two sofas amongst her tally of things destroyed cannot damage this beauty.

I also have other snooza products. their support is great.

cheers

Helen

what is it made of the makes it indestructible?

From the Snooza website

D1000

D1000

Made from super tough 1000 denier fabric, not only is the D1000 washable, Teflon coated, UV treated, flea-free, re-fillable AND water repellent it also looks so good you might need two - one for inside & one for outside! The cover is sealed with a completely hidden durable zip & the inner is also zippered to allow for easy washing (ideally suited to our Laundry Bag!) & fresh filling. We'd never call any of our beds 'indestructible' (they're for dogs after all) but this bed is tough with a capital T!

A worthwhile note...

This bed is not only super tough it also has a water repellent cover. Whilst this means dogs & water have a hard time getting in, it's also difficult for air to get out! So, please be patient in getting your dog used to this new feeling. After the first couple of uses the 'puffiness' will subside & your dog, like ours, will love it!

As the dangly part of the zip (or pull tab) is often enticing to a dog & can lead to a bed's eventual demise we deliberately leave it off. To remove the cover, simply slide a paper clip through the slider.

My dogs are hard on their beds, and the D1000 certainly is tough and still going strong, we have quite a few Snooza products and they are are all very well made.

I don't remember the brand name, but the stuff I found very effective for my boy, right through the teething stage, was a natural based product with bitter lime taste. I bought it from "Fantastic Pets" in Narre Warren, Victoria. But what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another. Some have had better results by using Crib-Off, a stop chew designed to put horses off chewing the tops of stable doors, etc. The trick is to get in REALLY early, like, BEFORE puppy receives any enjoyment out of chewing an item s/he shouldn't. In those early days I followed my boy around and anything he remotely looked interested in (even though he hadn't actually put his teeth into it yet), I'd call him away, go spray it, and then watch to make sure the spray was sufficient to work.

I will also confess - I don't think my boy is a chewer, so I think in that I have the easy end of the stick. However, I'll never really know that. Maybe it was my good training :D ..... I can tell you that I bought and used a few bottles of the stuff at the time.

BUT, as I said, it's a matter of using the spray to deter BEFORE the chewing on forbidden items becomes a learnt behaviour. Chewing even just the once can constitute "learnt". I tend to find that people generally wait to see what puppy has chewed and then follow up with the spray, which is why I think the success levels with spray are lower than they could be.

Few different ones on the market, probably Rudducks Bitter Bite, Bio Groom Chew Stop, Bitter Lime. Most should be available at your local pet stores.