Why Do Dogs Pee On People?

Huntia

Stan wouldn't wee on anyone as he doesn't cock his leg.He just wees on his own leg *sigh*

:laugh: my old male Dachsund would squat instead of cocking his leg, the one time he did cock it he almost went ar** over :rofl:

Yes, much to the OH's disgust Mosley squats quite a lot. If he does cock his leg he gets lots of praise :laugh: Need my rolly eye man!!

I have only had a dog pee on someone intentionally once. I was having an argument with the woman and my male border colie looked at her and peed on her. I think he may have been siding with me :laugh:

:rofl: :rofl: gold that is pure gold.... who said dogs have no clue as to what goes in their life....

I was peed on once by a basenji. It was on his property, and the owner was absolutely mortified. Apparently there had been wild pigs around that had put him on edge. I let out a sharp ' Oi!' at him. I never really trusted him since though as he has also peed on our lounge suite. (cue rolly eyes) :laugh:

My dog hasn't peed on a person but multiple times has peed on someones bag or basket at the park. He's now onlead only when there are such htings lying around. I was absolutely mortified and have given him a swift telling off both times whilst apologising profusely to the owners of the bags. Unfortunately it makes no difference and he'll still try and do it.

He is completely toilet trained (for inside anyway) however he is the dog that walks around the house and 'phantom' pees on all the furniture. Nothing ever comes out (trust me I have checked enough times to be sure) but he walks up to all the furniture and cocks his leg and pretends to pee. Then he does the scratchy back leg thing afterwards to spread his scent (insert rolly eyes emoticon here) :laugh:

My two older desexed male dogs (now both deceased) peed in each others bowls every night. Every night?? They would finish eating, look at each other, deliberately walk across to the others bowl and pee in it. These boys never showed any dominance and would even chew on the ends of the same bone.

Never been peed on and never had my dog pee on a person. BUT my male goat pees on everything - people, other goats, fences, his own beard, in his own mouth, all over his body. It is gross. And if you think dog pee is smelly try stinker goat. You can smell the stench across a whole yard and onto the street. I have had people walk across the road to get away from the stench. It is mind blowing.

I hv only seen it twice in 30 years of multiple dig ownership. Both adolescent boys. One desexed one not. As one was mine I wonder if it hasnt happened again as I watch like a hawk!

I have never forgotten my mortification as my youngster bounded up and unleashed litres of xl breed boy wee on the back of the nice woman I had been sitting with.

The other one was my friends young mastiff who

Loped over to me as they arrived at the

Park and filled the gumboot of the

Person beside me. Ummnmmn warm!

Meea

Edited by Meea

I had a dog who did it, just the one time. There were about 5 of my ex's mates leaning on the tray of a ute, all in a row and Harley (SBTxCorgi) walked along sniffing at each pair of boots and cocked his leg on the pair that belonged to the one person who had previously told him off and had an obvious dislike of him. I didn't tell him off, I think he was just expressing his opinion of this particular bloke :D

In class a dog peed on his owner, he was out of control and she was useless. Personally, I wanted to shake her and yell "wake up, your dog is out of control", but peeing on her was much funnier, I can't fault that dog's comic timing. :rofl: He was definiately saying "She's clueless and I'm in charge, don't talk to her!" He was right, he was in charge, she was useless and I would have got more sense out of him. He must have said something on their way home, cause she's not been back since.

Is it just a coincidence that most of the 'offenders' mentioned here seem to be smaller breeds?

Large breeds can be just as rude if given the chance, the worst I have ever seen was a Lab, he was rehomed and retrained and never did it again to my knowledge. It is totally unacceptable behaviour.

not only small dogs,

my Dennys Dog ,when an uncouth youngster, excelled at peeing on visitors .. h3e could hit the target leg through the farm agte... I watch him one day saunter up to my OH who was sitting overlooking the lambing paddock,, Dennys Dog sniffed, got a pat, walked acrefully around OH then lifted his leg and peed right down his back..... now i know it was rude but Dear God it was one of the funniest things i have seen.. needless to say Dennys Dog did not go anywhere within reach of OH for a while.

h

Is it just a coincidence that most of the 'offenders' mentioned here seem to be smaller breeds?

Yes - it is just coincidence, gsdog2. Medium to large dogs have and are also known to exhibit this behaviour.

And 'they' reckon the dominance theory has been debunked ??? Mmmmmmmmnup, I don't think so.

I dunno rusty was having a pee on a tree and zorro went between his les and got his head covered in wee. I some times wonder about my dog.

I think it's a dominance thing with entire males as they are marking you, could also just be bad behaviour.

Growing up we had an entire Lab that would pee on people... not all the time but enough for me to remember it. I remember one day at the park he peed on a lady wearing white pants :eek:

He was a fairly dominent dog, it wouldnt suprise me if it was related.