Puppy Enquiry..

Andisa

Some bloke just called wanting a Pug. I told him I may be having a litter later in the year and I am considering early desexing. Asked him when is he looking to buy a pug - well bugger me he wants it TODAY!!!

I just don't get it - what is it with people, why are they so bloody impossible to deal with.

I have just had enough of stupid people...

Actually it's sad. People think we as breeders continually breed and they truely don't have any idea. It's the puppy mill mentallity. They see these stories on the news of all these puppies available from puppy mills, so we all fit into that slot.

Actually it's sad. People think we as breeders continually breed and they truely don't have any idea. It's the puppy mill mentallity. They see these stories on the news of all these puppies available from puppy mills, so we all fit into that slot.

Yeah - I tried to explain that it takes months of planning to find a nice puppy - but he was just annoyed that no one is answering their phones today.. people like that are just too hard.

Unfortunately we live in a society of NOW. Some people dont seem to make a distinction between a "product" and a living breathing animal.

Even more unfortunately some of these people will not be told and go and buy a NOW pet from a pet shop which they then leave in the backyard till it bites someone or they get bored of it. Cretins

Edited by Aussie3

Yeah - I tried to explain that it takes months of planning to find a nice puppy - but he was just annoyed that no one is answering their phones today.. people like that are just too hard.

I would have been tempted to say not everyone opens for Sunday Trading and your pug puppy stock is still in shipment from china.

I would have been tempted to say not everyone opens for Sunday Trading and your pug puppy stock is still in shipment from china.

Omg, that's gold!!!

Wow....when I was looking for a puppy, I expected to wait about a year, I thought that would be the norm when choosing a specific breed....especially from the breeds that don't breed often.

I think people like this should be discouraged from getting a pup, especially from a good breeder. Obviously they have never looked into it, have never researched the breed, so haven't got a clue as to what its all about. You definitely don't need their business.

Lynn

I know I'd prefer to wait for a puppy. There's no point demanding one immediately because logically, the odds of one being available are slim, and I'd prefer to do my research first.

I waited for over a year for Kirah to be born and as it happened, my breeder of choice wasn't who I went with because she had rotten luck with both litters (the first bitch's singleton pup died in-utero and the second bitch only whelped one bitch puppy which went to a show home).

She referred me to her good friend and breeder and as luck would have it, Kirah was born and I couldn't be happier!!

It's unrealistic to expect a dog on demand (DoD) I mean would he expect his wife to produce a kid purely because he wants one "today"? If he was happy to wait that'd bd a different story but obviously he's gone off to find someone else to supply his DoD.

Edited by RiverStar-Aura

Some bloke just called wanting a Pug. I told him I may be having a litter later in the year and I am considering early desexing. Asked him when is he looking to buy a pug - well bugger me he wants it TODAY!!!

I just don't get it - what is it with people, why are they so bloody impossible to deal with.

I have just had enough of stupid people...

IF he wanted one TODAY, he should been looking at people advertising puppies that are ready to go TODAY!

If he is planning, he could contact a breeder but not all breeders run waiting lists. Some feel lists are a waste of time as people do go elsewhere if the opportunity comes up. You really need to monitor the ads closely and hope you get one eventually, and be grateful and excited if one comes up sooner than that.

It kind of reminds me of a conversation I had with a Cavalier breeder recently who was contacted about using her "Stud Dog" by a new Breeder. When she started talking about deatils of the bitch it was revealed the bitch was on day 6 of her season and the new Breeder is only now hunting up a stud. Not much planning there IMO.

Guest Arcane

He did you a favour by revealing the 'now' personality profile. If they want it TODAY, They'll likely want rid of it TODAY on the first day it pees on the new carpet or scratches a hole in the screen or whatever......

By the time I get a pup from my chosen breeder I would have waited just over 2 years and that is if the bitch gets pregnant next season. Good dogs and good breeders are worth waiting for.

But I am puppy clucky :(

By the time I get a pup from my chosen breeder I would have waited just over 2 years and that is if the bitch gets pregnant next season. Good dogs and good breeders are worth waiting for.

Awwww....do you have an ETA? Hope it all goes well for everyone involved. :)

I know people selling pug pups at the moment, $1400 for "purebred" (ie: "mother has papers"!).

Makes me cry. Wish I was in the mood for investigating, I'd enquire and try to find out the mums details, see if her original breeder knows she's being used as a puppy factory.

I could of given off the wrong impression when searching for our second pug I think.

I asked the breeder if she would have any pups ready to go around xmas.

only because we had time off then to settle pup etc, wasnt an xmas gift.

lucky the breeder knew me ( had met on several occasions) so she knew we wern't searching for an xmas puppy :D

Awwww....do you have an ETA? Hope it all goes well for everyone involved. :)

She is due to come into season in June so fingers, toes and everything else crossed, our home is so empty since we lost Jake and the next pup will be for my partner and my son. I will hopefully get my puppy next year when she is put to the import dog, I have stayed strong as I know CAO's are the breed for us but it has been hard. We will also be looking at getting a frenchie as a house dog too (his name will be Fozzie) :D