Bath Madness

Dame Aussie

Zig just sits in the shower while I shower him but he likes the drying off part..

Then it is out the back for find dirt to roll in..

Funnily enough he loves his clam shell pool and mud puddles but the shower is pure torture - you can see it in his face (he is never sure he will survive it)... I think that is why he is so happy to be dried off - he survived the shower ordeal.

I can not for the life of me get Gus to come near a running hose... when he was younger he used to bark at the running tap, his gotten over that and will now drink from it but i cant not bath him for the life of me... it ends up with me wetter than him, and my face red with rage because he doesnt sit still...... I must say his a lot better then when i first atempted it but god i wish it was easier..... anyone have any suggestions? I can only bath him outside as well :( so its a little cold, I use warm water though to make it a little easier for him.

Zig just sits in the shower while I shower him but he likes the drying off part..

Funnily enough he loves his clam shell pool and mud puddles but the shower is pure torture - you can see it in his face (he is never sure he will survive it)... I think that is why he is so happy to be dried off - he survived the shower ordeal.

I can not for the life of me get Gus to come near a running hose... when he was younger he used to bark at the running tap, his gotten over that and will now drink from it but i cant not bath him for the life of me... it ends up with me wetter than him, and my face red with rage because he doesnt sit still...... I must say his a lot better then when i first atempted it but god i wish it was easier..... anyone have any suggestions? I can only bath him outside as well :( so its a little cold, I use warm water though to make it a little easier for him.

Ziggy puts his head under running water. He even goes underwater in his pool - it is so funny to see.

If it is mud, his whole head is under again.. he loves water. My old stafford did to, Ollie would make a bee line for the sprinklers at the park every time we were down there and they were on (even the day before he was given his wings, he was bouncing in and out of the sprinkler)...

Warm water makes a big difference to bathing dogs IMO..

Treating for sitting still - we go through heaps of treats for the fosters when they need a bath (I am yet to get one that likes water like Ziggy does)..

Ziggy puts his head under running water. He even goes underwater in his pool - it is so funny to see.

If it is mud, his whole head is under again.. he loves water. My old stafford did to, Ollie would make a bee line for the sprinklers at the park every time we were down there and they were on (even the day before he was given his wings, he was bouncing in and out of the sprinkler)...

Warm water makes a big difference to bathing dogs IMO..

Treating for sitting still - we go through heaps of treats for the fosters when they need a bath (I am yet to get one that likes water like Ziggy does)..

Nala is like that.... total water baby and just sits there as you bath her.... im yet to try treats... hahah its so much of a struggle i never think of it...will try that next bath.

I always thought that it was because Zephyr prefers to smell like grass and dirt, not coconuts (we use aloven shampoo). :rofl:

With Dee it is definitely a case of "I only like it when I smell like something dead". She will zoom out and instantly drop her shoulder and roll and wriggle. (insert Mr Rolleyes)

Mine do zoomies after thier baths, but apparently me having a shower is enough for them to start? They go in and out of the bathroom, 'ra ra ra ' the whole way playing bitey face with each other. And FYI- a toy poodle bark is very loud in a fully tiled bathroom. Just saying.......

bath? Mina keeps shaking out the water like OMG how hideous, the other two have never had a bath yet lol. Although as I'm mowing Rogue insists on rolling in the freshly mown grass like a malinois earthworm after me :laugh:

I know Nekhbet, my two hadn't been washed in about 3 months :laugh:

My GSD only gets an Annual bath, each Summer. But lots and lots and lots of grooming. :)

I wish I could get away with that! Mine doesn't get dirty as such, but her coat gets quite oily after about 3 weeks. If I don't keep her squeaky clean she leaves a mark on the rugs in her favorite spots!

I gave my new foster pei his first bath yesterday. We went to a groomer for a malaseb wash and he was a bit stressed while there but when we got out of the car he jumped out and practically kissed the ground he was so thankful to be 'home'. Once inside and joined by our dogs he went beserk. I have never seen him move so fast - prancing, pouncing, throwing toys around, up and down the stairs and around the house (as close to a zoomy as he was going to get). I wish I spoke dog and knew what he was really thinking!

• 4 weeks later...

Ferrets after a bath are hilarious too! You just give them a towel and they dry themselves. :laugh:

My two dogs do this too :laugh: I put the towels down on the floor and they roll around on it and dry themselves and then do mad zoomies. Even if I'm holding the towel they rub themselves in it.

Now if only they could wipe their own muddy paws before coming in the door :rofl:

Kenny used the carpet as his towel as well, never did zoomies though, that required too much energy, just a snooze on the couch for him. :rofl:

I have bathed phoebe 3 times since I have had her and my goodness if she isnt already hyper on a normal day after a bath she turns into a speeding rocket I cringe and hope my ornaments survive the ordeal haha :laugh:

Zero prefers to sleep after his bath. He gets worn out from the torture.

Veikko has only had the one bath but she rumbled with her brothers after it. They weren't allowed to zoomie after it - they had to be pretty for photos :D

Charlie sleeps after a bath too. He always had as a puppy.. in fact, he often falls asleep while i blow dry him.

Emmy does zoomies but I think it's to release tension and celebrate her freedom.