Does Anyone Else Get Visited By The Dog Who Has Gone To The Bridge

Loraine

Two of my old dogs have visited.

First one was Star, Australian terrier, who I had when I was a wee thing up until I was around 12.

I would hear her bark, run around inside and whatnot, plus I had weird dreams with her in them. She would guide me a fair bit in said dreams and help me out, was weird, but awesome lol

She stopped visiting my dreams when I became a bit stable and got a good group of friends. Reckon she was being a guardian angel. Beautiful girl she was.

With my old dalmatian, Patch, I have his remains with me always, since I got him cremated, and I've felt him around as well.

I think he's also been communicating with Mikey, since Mikey seems a lot more...knowledgeable than other dogs I've had at his age.

Plus he knows me and what I'm saying way to well.

...then again, it could be that I'm just crazy.

:D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your kind words guys.

Doing it really tough. Two days ago was Daphnes birthday too. She'd have been 2yo. So young. She's my heart dog. :(

I had them cremated together, and their ashes are at home, next to my bed. I also wear a locket with some of the ashes in there too, it's engraved with their names etc. I find it really comforting being able to take a wee bit of them everywhere I go. I have loads of lovely photos of them. I find myself talking to them too. :o

So it seems many of you didn't feel the presence of your lost ones as soon as they left you.

I won't give up hope then. It really is only early days yet. :(

My closest friend lost her beautiful Stafford boy to an awful accident a week ago today. We , her family and mine, have been a blubbering mess since. Yesterday she collected Tyson's ashes.

After the family had finished dinner last night, the adult kids went to another room in the house and the Mum, my friend was in the family room. We always laughed at her boy, as he didn't like anyone sitting on his couch. He was always nudging us in a nice way, but he really wanted us to move. After clearing up after dinner, she turned the TV on and sat on the couch. The box with his ashes are next to the TV.(She has just been telling me this about 10 minutes ago.) When she sat down on the couch, it was warm :) in his favourite spot for sleeping. I totally believe her. My friend and I, together with her mum and my daughter witnessed something just after my Mum died last year, and we will never have any earthly answer as to why that event happened either. We are all very close.

Hugs to all who have lost family members, but I think this is wonderful when this sort of stuff happens. It gives me a feeling of peace when this happens to me. :)

Sir WJ, give it time. Things will happen, and they often come in our dreams as well I think. :hug:

Thanks for your kind words guys.

Doing it really tough. Two days ago was Daphnes birthday too. She'd have been 2yo. So young. She's my heart dog. :(

I had them cremated together, and their ashes are at home, next to my bed. I also wear a locket with some of the ashes in there too, it's engraved with their names etc. I find it really comforting being able to take a wee bit of them everywhere I go. I have loads of lovely photos of them. I find myself talking to them too. :o

So it seems many of you didn't feel the presence of your lost ones as soon as they left you.

I won't give up hope then. It really is only early days yet. :(

I wish my Emma would visit, she hasn't yet. But I feel she will eventually. It still breaks my heart that she isn't here.

But in the past few days i've had 2 moments that got me thinking that she may be around - when I bathed Kenzie she smelt just like Emma used to a day after a bath, except the shampoo i used is one that was never used on Emma and smells different to the one I used on Em. The other made me a bit sad, I visited a friend whose dog has had a fall (and she's an old old girl); she's picking up but when I was cuddling her I could smell Emma, but it was the smell of Emma in the weeks before she died. So I'm worried that maybe this other dog doesn't have as much time as we'd all like her to have. Em liked this other dog and spent some time with her, and if it is her time to go we'd all love for Emma to be there waiting for her.

But I will keep waiting ...

I wish Coco would visit me. She died at 6mths, 2 years ago this month. My current girl Cleo just turned one, Coco would have turned 2 in November. They would've been such great partners in crime and sisters, even though they would have come from such different beginnings.

Coco has never visited me, in dreams or else. I have a strong feeling that she may be with Cleo in some form though, egging her on. They have the same cheeky spirit.

I am so sorry that I wasn't there with Coco when she passed :cry: I wish she would come so I could have peace about her ending.

I am so sorry that I wasn't there with Coco when she passed :cry: I wish she would come so I could have peace about her ending.

Sorry to hear about Coco. :hug:

That's what I want. To tell them I'm so sorry I let this happen to them. :(

:hug: back. I just hope she knows that I tried to do my best by her, and by giving her to a family friend with a big farm with a dam and a GSD called Zar, I hoped she would have a better life than living in suburbia (she was a kelpie x husky).

At least I have a little peace knowing we saved her from death row once, and she had a longer life than she would have had originally.

When I was still as school ... we lost our dog. He had been gone a couple of weeks when I would swear I could heard the jingle of his dog tags and the tap, tap of his nails on the polished floors. A couple of times I would wake up to this weight at the bottom of my bed just like when he used to sleep at the end of my bed.

Sorry to hear about Coco. :hug:

That's what I want. To tell them I'm so sorry I let this happen to them. :(

They know you are sorry and they know you would have stopped it if you could. You will feel them one day.

Edited by OSoSwift

Occasionally in the wee hours of morning I'll stir and swear I hear my lovely Poochie barking.

I've also mistaken Kirah hopping through the grass for Poochie and her spirit lives on in Zeus; she taught him the lazy slouch sit up against the wall, which he has passed on to Kirah.

I've got a gorgeous vial pendant with her ashes I wear when I'm feeling crappy and her photos are hanging up everywhere. It'll be 2 years on the 24th and I can't believe so much time has passed.

:hug: to all those missing their loved ones. May they watch over us all until we meet them again.

My beloved Kelpie Biddy passed away after I was on my feet following cancer treatment. I always felt she waited to leave only when she knew I was safe - Biddy and I had been though so much together - even homelessness at one point. I also felt she wouldnt leave until I was in a safe relationship with my wonderful husband Peter.

Then out of the blue we had a Biddy granddaughter returned to us at 7 years old - Dixie whos loyalty and mannerisms was so much like her grandmother I always felt that Bid was around too and that comforted me. Dixie adored my husband and I know that when she passed Pete was heartbroken.

Often he says he feels her beside his bed staring at him and nudging him.Trippy trapping up the hallway trying to make him get her one more bickie bone in the middle of the night. I believe heart dogs are a gift from God they heal and renew and bring the purest love and acceptance. And while it is gut wrenching when they go and after the pain has soothed - the memory of them is comforting. :)

Edited by Tapua

It's been 4 years on the 23rd June since I gave my beautiful rescue BC "Redman" his wings at 14.5 years old. His passing broke my heart in two. The single most difficult thing I have EVER had to do.

I 'feel' him near me on occasion around the house , in the backyard & I sometimes actually see him. Just the other day I was out walking my guys along the beach & I turned around quickly

& there he was, just as stunning as ever & looking my way, then he was gone. He looked like he did when he was about 5, very fit, healthy,happy & very content.

It's funny cause I always knew Redman truly loved & adored me as I did him by the way he looked into me eyes, smiling almost with an inner glow. :(

I don't know if it is just wishful thinking on my part cause I miss him so much. It makes my heart ache that I had to let him go. But when I feel his 'warm' presence around me or get an occasional glimpse of him

my emotions are flooded by all the fond memories I have of him & my heart is full again. Till we will again my beautiful boy at the gates to rainbow bridge. :cry::heart:

Edited by BC Crazy

I can't say I've "seen" things but I've felt him. It's hard to explain. He's been gone since September and I have moments where I feel very close to him. Yesterday was one of them. I felt I needed to spend time with him. More a compulsion than a need I think. I did this up for him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp6rfN420Ks

and truly "felt" him around while I was doing it. Today it's been cold and rainy, he hated days like this and when I walked out into the kitchen I swear he was there, I could smell him. I don't care what people think, I know what I feel and I know he's here still

God Melissa, I am trying to type this through a flood of tears & at a loss for words. Beautiful tribute :heart: Such a truly beautiful boy :heart:

Edited by BC Crazy

Ben, my Border Terrier, and the Min Pins I had at the time used to go for great bush walks. The Mins on leads and Ben generally behind inspecting and watering bushes. After I lost Ben I couldn't bear to go on our favorite walk so avoided that one. After about a month I braved that particular one with the Mins. The dogs and I all knew Ben was with us. Then I started to do that walk every day and Ben was always there. One day I thought maybe I'm being selfish so I talked to Ben and told him if he wanted to go it was alright with me, told him I loved him. He was still with us to the end of the track but next day he wasn't there and I've never felt him since but I just know he and all my other pals are waiting for me somewhere.

Edited by pebbles

I cant believe this topic has come up..... i was thinking about mentioning it the other week but thought i might have been seen as a bit silly.

My last Labrador Sheba would in her later years love to lay in a spot beside my bed, when i would be out she would lay there it was like her little way of being close to me. A couple of weeks ago now i could have sworn she had been laying there as i slept, it felt like i could just reach down and touch her. It felt so real i cant explain it. She passed in July 2011.

My mum also had a dream which she said felt so real, they were in the laundry (Sheba always used to help mum with the laundry) and Sheba brought mum this little black pup with a bright pink belly. And well now i have miss Abbey a Black Labrador pup which loves nothing more to come into the laundry and flop on her back and get you to rub her pink belly.

So thats my story.....

These are such beautiful stories :cry:

I only have one story and it didn't happen to me personally. Many years ago we lost our first Weimaraner Elly - she was only a year old and had to be given her wings.

My sister and my mum were both in their bedrooms at opposite ends of the house. The house had a very long passage way from the front to the back of the house, which was tiled and could be quite echoey.

Both of them heard a dog bark, just like Elly, and both came out of their rooms to see if the other had heard it too.

i was only 8 at the time, and have no reason not to believe them! it gave me a lot of comfort.

My other dogs have not visited me though...

When my previous dog was pts I saw him for ages. I felt like he was hanging around to make sure I was alright. I still miss him terribly and still have his favourite toy, a stuffed wombat. I can't bring myself to throw it away.