My Foster Dog Ate My House!

Just wondering if anyone has some funny stories about their fosters.Ok I'll start,cyclone Raymond came into my life(and my heart) three weeks ago and totally trashed my house!He chewed thru an extension cord and tripped my safety switch.Wondered why my internet just went blah.He chewed the plug off the fan and destroyed the dog beds(as my two looked on in horror).He ate every toy in the house and ate a hole in my deck.Yep he chewed down to the floorboards.He ate the cord to start my lawnmower and he chewed through the back seatbelt in my new car!He is now at his new home and has not chewed a thing!!!!They sent me an email yesterday and he is perfect!!Funny thing is before I started rescue those things would've annoyed me but now I don't give a rats.They have taught me...meh it aint that important :)

I have chew marks in all of the skirting boards and door frames. There is a hole in the kitchen wall and in the kitchen door. Chew marks and claw marks on the wooden floors. All the edges of the coffee table have been chewed, as have some of the shelves on the bookcase. Lost track of how many teddy bears have been disemboweled...

I've been lucky with none of them being big cord chewers so far - only sacrificed one speaker cable and one phone cable so far.

Have also gotten used to looking for work boots and ugg boots out in the yard... *grin*

Pups are always crated in my car, so no major damage there.

Do I care about the damage? Nope... 'cos I get all the puppy cuddles I want... hehe!

T.

Actually after years of getting everything trashed it was one of the reasons i stopped fostering( and my own dogs were missing out too much).

I always took on the big bull breed pups, which no one wanted, and many were destructo on legs, although the last cattle dog i had was the worst :laugh:

I got fed up with my dogs not having decent beds etc for fear of the fosters trashing them.

I nearly cried when one ripped a big hole in my new Astro turf.

I don't regret any of it though, and one day when i have a big block i will bulid a run so i can do it again. :D

I take on mostly bull breeds and still, the major destructive foster was a border collie who was in isolation. She did not cope at all with missing out on the action.

Also had a Foxterrier that pulled my keyboard down and was jumping up and down on it, tearing the keys up.

And then a litter of pups that somehow chewed a whole through a cupboard from the bottom, so they could actually go hide in it and freak me out when I couldn't find them.

I take on mostly bull breeds and still, the major destructive foster was a border collie who was in isolation. She did not cope at all with missing out on the action.

Also had a Foxterrier that pulled my keyboard down and was jumping up and down on it, tearing the keys up.

And then a litter of pups that somehow chewed a whole through a cupboard from the bottom, so they could actually go hide in it and freak me out when I couldn't find them.

:laugh: @ the hide and seek puppies.

I forgot the candle Ray ate and he carefully chose a book of the bookshelf and ate that.He also helped Maddie dig a hole in the backyard big enough to bury a small car!

I haven't had any chewing but my god this Cavalier girl will sneak off and turd on my good rug every second she gets, despite having access to the outside and having floor boards every where else in the house - the rug is the best place to have a dump! :eek: :laugh:

I only lasted 24 hrs fostering a couple of bull breed pups. They trashed the room they were staying in, constantly tipped up their (seriously heavy) water bowl the minute I filled it up, + ate the collars off each other that they came with. When outside they climbed the wire of the dog pen like monkeys & ate the cable ties holding it to the stakes in the ground, kept getting into the pen around my birdcage & terrorising my birds, & were so rough with my dogs that my dogs hid in fear. They also tried to rip my clothes off at any opportunity, & wouldn't let go for anything!

I also had a young baby at the time, so didn't cope at all!!

After that experience I've chosen my fosters very carefully. :laugh:

Luckily the only damage from others is claw marks in the leather couch, & a couple of soft crates that smell like cat pee no matter how thoroughly I've cleaned them

Edited by Pawfect

My heart girl was by far the worst destroyer of any dog that has ever come in to my home. It took at least 3 years before we started leaving things below bench height again. Now when I see a foster dog trying to chew the corners off something I just laugh and say "Mate, Stusy already beat you to it!"

I had one that basically destroyed 2 doors.

First night we had her she bashed through an existing cat flap and enlarged the hole in the door consderably. Stormy night, we had to go out, and she wanted to get inside and away from the thunder and lightening. She had some shelter in her run but I undertand that one :) .

Few days later she chewed and scrabbled huge chunks off the other door to the laundry. We had workmen around and shut her in there. Bad decision as this strong minded girl could hear something going on and wanted to be part of it.

She is a staffy x (possibly border collie) and my last foster.

I won't accept that behabiour from my own dogs and certainly won't tolerate it from fosters. They are supervised and housed appropriately, so they are no wrecking my house and yard. No one wants to adopt a dog with behavioural issues and destruction is one of them.

I haven't had any chewing but my god this Cavalier girl will sneak off and turd on my good rug every second she gets, despite having access to the outside and having floor boards every where else in the house - the rug is the best place to have a dump! :eek: :laugh:

Makes you wonder what they think sometimes!

Naughty Cavalier girl sneaks off........ "God I love this luxurious indoor turf " :laugh: