Comfy Elizabethan Collars

kiesha09

My boy has a hot spot which he won't leave alone so I need to put the elizabethan collar on him. But I hate it because it looks so uncomfortable.

On the weekend I was in pet stock and saw these comfy looking material ones.

Has anyone used these and do they work?

I used a fabric one on my pup when she was desexed and it was much better than the clunky plastic one because she could move and lay down with it.

It was still uncomfortable, but it was only $15 so if the one you saw wasn't too expensive, you may as well try it.

Try a Novaguard. Far better design and less restrictive than a traditional collar. Our dogs have no problems negotiating dog doors with them on. No loss of side vision either like they have with the comfy collars. As a bonus it's an Aussie product. If you order one tell them Dxenion sent you.

I got this one:

http://www.kongcompany.com/products/dogs/e-collar-and-grooming/ez-soft-collar

Surprisingly it was in a pet shop, I thought I'd need to get one from overseas.

edit: I don't know what size your boy is, but my collar is a small (bought for a pug) and we only used it once and now don't need it if you want to try it?

Edited by minimax

Try a Novaguard. Far better design and less restrictive than a traditional collar. Our dogs have no problems negotiating dog doors with them on. No loss of side vision either like they have with the comfy collars. As a bonus it's an Aussie product. If you order one tell them Dxenion sent you.

I'm about to buy one now - thanks Dxenion :) Is your dog about to drink with it on?

I'm about to buy one now - thanks Dxenion :) Is your dog about to drink with it on?

Yep they have no problems. You can trim the length to suit. I can grab a video of them drinking with one on if that helps.

We have this one - http://www.kongcompany.com/products/dogs/e-collar-and-grooming/cloud-collar

It's great, she's comfy, can drink, eat etc comfortably, can go in and out the dog door, can go up and down stairs without getting caught or needing help, and the humans love it because we no longer get rammed in the back of the knee with the side of a hard e-collar. Easy to put on, take off, keep clean too and durable/tough. She can also see really well.

Our poor golden boy suffered really badly from hotspots a few weeks ago, he has almost fully healed, we got him a Kong Cloud - he seemed comfortable in it, was able to eat drink etc. The following morning it was off and in a million pieces on the loungeroom floor - not so indestructable in this house!

I have the ProCollar but it doesn't work as well as the plastic cone :(

Huski - nice idea on the muzzle - just from the pet supply store? My vet only has greyhound size muzzles - way too big for a jap spitz!

I got a plastic Jafco muzzle - I can't remember how small they go down to but they do a range of sizes.

We have this one - http://www.kongcompany.com/products/dogs/e-collar-and-grooming/cloud-collar

It's great, she's comfy, can drink, eat etc comfortably, can go in and out the dog door, can go up and down stairs without getting caught or needing help, and the humans love it because we no longer get rammed in the back of the knee with the side of a hard e-collar. Easy to put on, take off, keep clean too and durable/tough. She can also see really well.

I have one of these and I'm not impressed with the product. It is not strong, the loops you put the collar through rip away from the fabric very easily. On that link you posted there are people with bad experiences too. I would never recommend a cloud collar.

I second the Novoguard collars. It has survived 2 Rotties that are severe lickers and is still in one piece. One Rotty had cruciate surgery and the other a lump removed. Absolutely brilliant collars as the dogs can still be crated comfortably if required.

My boy has has a lump removed and licking it constantly so I just popped a light shirt on him and it worked great. I guess it depends where the spot is. Also covering it might make it worse. I'm not much help I dont know much about hot spots.

We have this one - http://www.kongcompa...ng/cloud-collar

I have one of these and I'm not impressed with the product. It is not strong, the loops you put the collar through rip away from the fabric very easily. On that link you posted there are people with bad experiences too. I would never recommend a cloud collar.

I cant check the link right now but the one I have doesnt go through a collar at all, it works by itself so I think either my original link is wrong or you are talking about a different product.

We have this one - http://www.kongcompa...ng/cloud-collar

I cant check the link right now but the one I have doesnt go through a collar at all, it works by itself so I think either my original link is wrong or you are talking about a different product.

Ok I have checked the link and can't see any other reviews on the link. I stand by what I have said, it's based on my own experience, not that of others.

I have only just noticed the loops... works well without using them, I don't think there's a need for them - i adjust the collar using the velcro strap on the outside.

CloudCollar.jpgcloudCollar-small.jpg