Speaking Of Hdr

Kirislin

I think it has to be more defined than bracketing .... ..... and photoshop does it too :) (I have CS3) Take photos. Open all 3/4/5. go to "file". scroll down to 'automate'. click "merge to HDR "...then watch & wait..and do final adjusts.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so you've got the 3 photos and down the bottom it says start HDR, click on it. then it chews away at the photos to do it's stuff, then comes up with the 3 pics merged and you can adjust manually or choose one of the presets.

smashpc.gif

:rofl: Oh how I can relate

Oh Linda, least yours worked! Mine were fuzzy and several were just solid white... What the!

if they were fuzzy it was probably because they weren't all aligned. there's a little box you can tick to get the aligned. Not sure about the solid white though, did you put 3 photos in?

I've just discovered you dont even have to have mulitiple photos! it does it with one!! :D

[

Now that pic to me just looks like it has been sharpened and the contrast upped a little - not that I know anyfink.

Kuma, you may have to change your settings to jpeg not raw if you are trying to do in camera HDR, it can't do it with raw in camera.

Kirislin, so did you do the grey pic in CS using one shot in HDR mode?

do you mean the very first pic I posted? If so, that was with 3 photos and I only use the programs that came with my camera, DPP and zoombrowser, but I updated DPP online. I think it's pretty good but not many people seem to use it. I cant afford to buy extra programs. It doesn't do layers or vignettes but I'm pretty happy with it for what it is.

I'm talking about the odd eyed greyhound shot, where you said it does it with one picture. I only know HDR through photoshop, I don't use the in camera HDR because it only uses jpegs. So guess I'm confused about where you said one shot as HDR usually used 3 or 5, I was wondering what your program does with just one shot?

aah, that's a whippet! It didn't occur to me that's what you meant. I thought you must have meant the landscapey pic that's quite muted in tones.

I didn't do it in camera with that shot, I dont know if my camera has such a function, I doubt it. I've just been playing around going back through old pics I like and seeing if it does anything to them. The actual program has provision to put 3 pics of different exposures in, and I think that's what I'm supposed to do to do a true HDR but I was just experimenting to see if it would process just one photo, and it does.

Kuma, you may have to change your settings to jpeg not raw if you are trying to do in camera HDR, it can't do it with raw in camera.

Kirislin, so did you do the grey pic in CS using one shot in HDR mode?

Ah ha! That's probably where I'm going wrong. Thanks!