Do Your Dogs Give You "presents"?

Squidgy

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ziggy will bring you things to swap you.. When I eat dinner I always end up with a few toys that he brings to me - to swap for my dinner.

I think because I sway him food for the ball when playing with him or training him. I also swap him toy for toy (if I want to wash one or put it away for a while - like a squeaky one)

Ziggy will bring you things to swap you.. When I eat dinner I always end up with a few toys that he brings to me - to swap for my dinner.

I think because I sway him food for the ball when playing with him or training him. I also swap him toy for toy (if I want to wash one or put it away for a while - like a squeaky one)

Max brings things to swap me too. She steals shoes or undies (or anything she knows she's not meant to have) and runs straight to the treat cupboard and sits there with them, waiting.

It started because whenever she had something she wasn't meant to have, I'd have to bribe her to give it back, and she figured out pretty quickly that taking things meant she got a treat lol

Max brings things to swap me too. She steals shoes or undies (or anything she knows she's not meant to have) and runs straight to the treat cupboard and sits there with them, waiting.

It started because whenever she had something she wasn't meant to have, I'd have to bribe her to give it back, and she figured out pretty quickly that taking things meant she got a treat lol

Arby does exactly the same thing caused by my exactly same mistake :laugh: :laugh:

"Look mum, got your expensive sexy undies, surely they're worth at least a whole smacko?"

Arby does exactly the same thing caused by my exactly same mistake :laugh: :laugh:

"Look mum, got your expensive sexy undies, surely they're worth at least a whole smacko?"

:rofl:

I get random food items in my bed & on my pillow. Occasionally she brings me a huntsman :eek: it stresses me no end.

I have found a chicken neck under my bed but not in my bed thank goodness lol

I often find half eaten foodstuffs in my washing basket or bed. Whenever I get home Maggie runs to the door and then runs STRAIGHT into my room to get a toy, or whatever food thing she's left in my room. Half a greenie, half a biscuit, pig's ear.. I'm assuming to make sure I don't find it first and prevent her from finishing it :laugh:

I get random food items in my bed & on my pillow. Occasionally she brings me a huntsman :eek: it stresses me no end.

I have found a chicken neck under my bed but not in my bed thank goodness lol

I have had plenty of bones "buried" in my bed. Super fun to find at 3am when I roll onto something painful! :doh:

Heidi brings us presents several times a day. Usually a stuffed toy, or sometimes it is something on the kitchen floor, like a bread tag, and she wiggles her bum madly to make us all know that she has something tucked up in her lip. It begins the swapping game which is what she's after in the first place.

Guest donatella

I often find half eaten foodstuffs in my washing basket or bed. Whenever I get home Maggie runs to the door and then runs STRAIGHT into my room to get a toy, or whatever food thing she's left in my room. Half a greenie, half a biscuit, pig's ear.. I'm assuming to make sure I don't find it first and prevent her from finishing it :laugh:

Lucy likes to hide her long lasting chews (denasticks, rawhides, anything that doesn't go down in a few gulps) from what I dont know as she's the only animal here. Anyway it's generally somewhere really crap like a corner of the room or a fold under my blanket. Ive caught her trying to bring chicken necks upstairs but got there just in time. At my mums house she brings all the bones from outside into her lounge upstairs as my spoilt pooch doesn't eat food outside so insists on dragging all the dog food inside for mums dogs :laugh: